September 2012 Moms

UO

Today is Thursday, right?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: UO

• imageMiraskTastic:

I think Snookie looked better with a little chub. 

This was going to be mine.  It also makes me sad that so many people think she looks good/better. It's such an unrealistic image of beauty.  

• imageyogitea01:
    I cannot stand summer. Anything over 75 degrees is too hot, IMO. We are in the middle of a heat advisory and I'm a chef, so summer can suck it.

I think 75 is too hot. I could deal with an extended spring to fall take out summer. Leave my winter though.
  • Loading the player...
  • imageredneckmomma25:
    imageyogitea01:
    I cannot stand summer. Anything over 75 degrees is too hot, IMO. We are in the middle of a heat advisory and I'm a chef, so summer can suck it.

I think 75 is too hot. I could deal with an extended spring to fall take out summer. Leave my winter though.

This!! Love spring and fall but hate summer! I would be good with spring and fall weather year round, but winter isn't too bad because you at least you can layer and unlayer clothes.
     Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Bachelor Pad The Bachelor/Bachelorette

ETA: Stupid mobile. My UO is that Bachelor Pad is way better.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagedanab_sd:
    imageMiraskTastic:

This was going to be mine.  It also makes me sad that so many people think she looks good/better. It's such an unrealistic image of beauty.  

I agree with this too. 

My UO is that I think Jersey Shore was the worst show out there.  Drunk buffoons getting paid to be drunk buffoons?  It's bananas.  There's a lot of bad tv out there, especially in the reality realm, but JS takes the cake for me.

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

• imageyogitea01:

I thought of you this morning yogi--I have an interview at Lakeland this morning, but their Milwaukee branch.  If I would get/take this job I'd have to do my training in Sheboygan!

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

• I think bathing a baby in the kitchen sink is gross. I cringe every time I see it!

No offense to anyone who does it, it's just my personal preference!

Anniversary

• imagedanab_sd:
    imageMiraskTastic:

I'm so confused by this. She worked out really hard and lost weight that was unhealthy for her. How is that unrealistic? She looks fit and at an ideal weight for her height.

Anniversary

• imageauroraloo:
    imageMrsKipper:
    I think bathing a baby in the kitchen sink is gross. I cringe every time I see it!

No offense to anyone who does it, it's just my personal preference!
    how dirty is your sink??

Ha! I usually keep it very clean but it's the thought of where food has been that grosses me out. I just couldn't do it!

ETA: But the sink in the house we just moved to is disgusting. No matter how many times I disinfect it, it's still gross. We're living with it until August when we can get my dream white apron front sink. Sigh.

Anniversary

• imageLoisLayn23:

imageyogitea01:

Summer in the midwest is the worst. It's so humid all the time.

Yes.  I hates it.  I'll take winter over this madness any day.  At least in winter when it's an effing blizzard you don't feel like you should try to make yourself leave your house.  I'm like "Oh, it's sunny!  Let's go for a wa---oh feckityfeck, it's disgusting out, never mind."

Andplusalso I don't have central air and my window unit ain't cutting it today. 

• imageLoisLayn23:
    imageMrsKipper:
    imagedanab_sd:
    imageMiraskTastic:

I'm so confused my this. She worked out really hard and is lost weight that was unhealthy for her. How is that unrealistic? She looks fit and at an ideal weight for her height.

yeah, she worked really hard for that and stopped drinking and partying all the time. She's only 4'10" so weighing 100 pounds at her age isn't that horrible. I have a more muscular build so I'm heavier than that but I weighed nearly that all through high school and it certainly wasn't unhealthy.

Exactly! I'm 4'11" and 105 has always been my goal weight because that puts me in the healthy BMI range. I haven't been that since college but if I could get there again I would be excited!

Anniversary

• imageMiraskTastic:
    It is indeed Thursday.nbsp;nbsp;Board related: I don't think every comment that disagrees with the OP has an implied level of bitchiness, and I think it's kind of juvenile to see it that way. Sometimes, yes, people are actually rude; but just saying "um, no" or "clearly you haven't thought about X in relation to Y" is not.nbsp;nbsp;Non board related: nbsp;I think Snookie looked better with a little chub.nbsp;The more I watch the bachelorette, the less realistic it gets. All these guys on their hometown dates are saying "I love you" or "When I see Des, I see this totally perfect woman" or "she totally understands me and supports me." Um, if you're thinking nbsp;that, then 1 love=lust, not love; 2 you will be sorely disappointed when she turns out to be, in fact, NOT perfect; and 3 there is no way that Des can know absolutely nbsp;everything you are about in, what, a few weeks? Also, all these absolutely effing beautiful men in their 30's saying "I pretty much gave up on love, and then I met Des." Well that sucks for you, because you only have a 25 chance of being with her at this point...andplusalso? You're clearly handsome, and articulate enough to continue to be on this show. Would it REALLY be THAT hard to find a suitable partner? You just did national TV....why not try something a little less drastic. You know, like match.com. Seesh.nbsp;nbsp;ETA: this is my first time watching the bachelor or bachelorette. nbsp;
    the show is super fake! I still watch it though but I also read Reality Steve. He spoils the show and makes fun of it each week. He also gives out info on how fake it is. Contestants are threatened with not getting dates or getting roses so they will say things or start drama. They are also fed a lot of alcohol during the day.

BFP #1 Chemical Pregnancy

BFP #2 DS Bennett

BFP #3 Missed Miscarriage 8wks

BFP #4 Miscarriage 6 wks

BFP #5 Due August 10, 2015

• BPerBPer member
    imageMrsKipper:
    imagedanab_sd:
    imageMiraskTastic:

I'm so confused by this. She worked out really hard and lost weight that was unhealthy for her. How is that unrealistic? She looks fit and at an ideal weight for her height.

I agree. She doesn't look like she's starving, she looks toned. I used to be much skinnier than I am now. I was on the lower end of the healthy range for my weight, but my god do I miss it. I don't think it's unrealistic, just really fcking hard to get there. 

• imageLoisLayn23:
    imageHyaline:
    imageLoisLayn23:

imageyogitea01:

Summer in the midwest is the worst. It's so humid all the time.

Yes.  I hates it.  I'll take winter over this madness any day.  At least in winter when it's an effing blizzard you don't feel like you should try to make yourself leave your house.  I'm like "Oh, it's sunny!  Let's go for a wa---oh feckityfeck, it's disgusting out, never mind."

Andplusalso I don't have central air and my window unit ain't cutting it today. 

oh damn, no AC is the worst. Ours went to the shitter while I was in the hospital delivering N. We came home and it was 92 degrees in our house. Not fun.

Gross.  We had the opposite issue--our boiler was out and it was under 50 degrees in the house at night the week before I had E.  DH kept calling the HVAC guy and he wasn't responding until DH's coworker was like, "Idiot, pull the pregnant wife card--tell him your wife is due in five days." He was at our house half an hour later.

Interestingly enough, "Do you have heat at home?" was a question I had to answer before leaving the hospital with E.  "Well, now we do.  Funny story..." 

• Newt69Newt69 member

i am really enjoying my baby free time at home, its only a couple hours a day until i go back to work but i really am enjoying it.

I also think that bathing a baby in the kitchen sink is gross. not that my baby's bare behind is in the sink but because i pour raw meat juice down the drain daily while prepping dinner and even though i disinfect my sink daily with cleaner i just feel like there are still leftover germs in the sink. just my own personal neurosis

• BPerBPer member
    I really don't like the center-hall colonial style of home. That being said, we're going to look at one today, to assure my ILs we've at least 'looked' at what is available before taking on a building project.

• imageSpoofLeJones:
    I clean my sink every day? It's probably cleaner than my bath tub.

This...
  • BPerBPer member

imageredneckmomma25:
    imageSpoofLeJones:
    This...

I'm sure mine is too. I still give DD baths in the big tub though. Bath time is her favorite time of day, she loves having the space to play. 

• imageSpoofLeJones:

I don't even bathe my kid in the tub, I still use a smaller baby tub [that I place in the bigger tub]. I don't even take baths in a tub. No matter how much I clean it I just don't like the idea of sitting in a tub. I know I'm missing out but I just can't get around the idea of sitting in a tub even if I've cleaned it. Weird...I know!

ETA: and I know I'll have to get over it when she outgrows the little tub.

Anniversary

• imageBPer:
    I really don't like the center-hall colonial style of home. That being said, we're going to look at one today, to assure my ILs we've at least 'looked' at what is available before taking on a building project.

I love these, but only if they're actually 200 years old or so, lol.  The modern ones are kinda wonky, trying to combine old and new doesn't work well in this case IMO.

I say, have fun looking if you can :)  Consider it a tour of possibilities to help you get ideas for what you do and don't want for your home someday.   

• imageSpoofLeJones:
    imageMrsKipper:
    imageSpoofLeJones:

I don't even bathe my kid in the tub, I still use a smaller baby tub [that I place in the bigger tub]. I don't even take baths in a tub. No matter how much I clean it I just don't like the idea of sitting in a tub. I know I'm missing out but I just can't get around the idea of sitting in a tub even if I've cleaned it. Weird...I know!

ETA: and I know I'll have to get over it when she outgrows the little tub.
    whaaaa?

Confession: Our last house has a jetted tub in the master and the dogs were the only ones that got bathed in it. I just couldn't. Plus, the people before us never cleaned it so the jets just spit out black junk. I was done after that! Maybe that's where the bath phobia started! I couldn't get rid of the black junk!

Anniversary

• BPerBPer member
    imageHyaline:

imageBPer:

I love these, but only if they're actually 200 years old or so, lol.  The modern ones are kinda wonky, trying to combine old and new doesn't work well in this case IMO.

I say, have fun looking if you can :)  Consider it a tour of possibilities to help you get ideas for what you do and don't want for your home someday.   

Agree on it being a more suitable style for older homes. My friend lived in a beautiful old colonial that they had updated.

H and I are still forging ahead on building. We're faxing our changes to our architect today. We looked at a few other lots that we like, so we have 'back ups'. Once we have our blueprints, we'll send them out for quote, and that will help us determine what lot will be best for us.

• imageameyer8009:
    I think many parents are too concerned when their babies fall. For example, at Gymboree yesterday, a new walker fell over on a soft mat and the mom gasped so loud and rushed to pick up her lo. Her LO started crying only after mom panicking. It's a pretty common scene that we see. When Anthony falls I watch to see how he reacts. If he starts crying I calmly console him, but most of the time he looks at me to see what his reaction should be, so I say kaboom and giggle then he laughs and continues with playing.
    I completely agree with you. My husband tells me crazy calls he gets at work for this. The other day he had a 2 year old fall off the couch onto carpet, barely cried. In fact he didnt even land on his head, it was his side. Parents called 911. The little boy was running all over, clearly fine but they insisted he go to the hospital. If you want to get your child checked out fine but you don't need to call the fire department and have an ambulance take him.

I guess my UO is I hate how some people call the ambulance for things that are not extremely serious. The whole family is there, someone just drive them to the damn hospital that is 10 minutes away.

BFP #1 Chemical Pregnancy

BFP #2 DS Bennett

BFP #3 Missed Miscarriage 8wks

BFP #4 Miscarriage 6 wks

BFP #5 Due August 10, 2015

• MrsKipper: The black gunk would have grossed me out too. If you were renting, you should have called your landlord to get it cleaned out! Yuck.

LL: Why wouldn't you ever have a spa day? You should treat yourself.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• imageBPer:
    imageHyaline:

imageBPer:

Agree on it being a more suitable style for older homes. My friend lived in a beautiful old colonial that they had updated.

H and I are still forging ahead on building. We're faxing our changes to our architect today. We looked at a few other lots that we like, so we have 'back ups'. Once we have our blueprints, we'll send them out for quote, and that will help us determine what lot will be best for us.

Good luck with the architecht and moving forward!  

Maybe I'm just a creeper, but I love seeing other people's houses.  So I would enjoy house hunting even if I knew I wasn't going to be buying.  (Though the feeling forced into it kinda does suck.) 

• imageMomtobeNJ:
    MrsKipper: The black gunk would have grossed me out too. If you were renting, you should have called your landlord to get it cleaned out! Yuck.LL: Why wouldn't you ever have a spa day? You should treat yourself. nbsp;

We owned the house.

Anniversary

• imageLoisLayn23:
    imageMomtobeNJ:

MrsKipper: The black gunk would have grossed me out too. If you were renting, you should have called your landlord to get it cleaned out! Yuck.

It's esspensive.

Truth. 

• imageMrsKipper:
    imageMomtobeNJ:
    MrsKipper: The black gunk would have grossed me out too. If you were renting, you should have called your landlord to get it cleaned out! Yuck.LL: Why wouldn't you ever have a spa day? You should treat yourself. nbsp;
    We owned the house.

Oh - when you said people that lived there previously I assumed you rented. Still gross. You're right. 

• imageMomtobeNJ:

imageMrsKipper:
    imageMomtobeNJ:

We owned the house.

Oh - when you said people that lived there previously I assumed you rented. Still gross. You're right. 

We bought it as a foreclosure. It was in decent shape just dirty! I don't think the people ever wiped anything down! We deep cleaned for two weeks before we moved it. It was gross!

Anniversary

• imageLoisLayn23:
    imageMomtobeNJ:

MrsKipper: The black gunk would have grossed me out too. If you were renting, you should have called your landlord to get it cleaned out! Yuck.

It's esspensive.

MIL asked if I wanted a pedi for my birthday. It's been a year since I've had one. I said yes. Immediately after I thought of everything else I could do with the money that would be more beneficial than a pedi.
  • I don't wash my kid in the sink, but it would more gross me out to wash my kid's *ss in the same place where I wash the dishes I eat off of. Not the other way around. 

• hmp1hmp1 member
    imageHyaline:

imageBPer:

For me the deal breaker is ceiling height. 8ft ceiling, no way, but I like them if they have tall ceilings downstairs.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• BPerBPer member
    imagehmp&mrj:
    imageHyaline:

imageBPer:

For me the deal breaker is ceiling height. 8ft ceiling, no way, but I like them if they have tall ceilings downstairs.

I guess we just have no use for a formal living room/parlor/study  that is a staple of center hall colonials. I much prefer an open kitchen/breakfast/family room/great room set up. 

We had a formal living room in my parents' house growing up. My sister and I were not allowed in it. If my mom saw footprints in the carpet, we were in trouble. That room was used like 2x per year at holidays. 

• hmp1hmp1 member

imageMrsKipper:
    Confession: Our last house has a jetted tub in the master and the dogs were the only ones that got bathed in it. I just couldn't. Plus, the people before us never cleaned it so the jets just spit out black junk. I was done after that! Maybe that's where the bath phobia started! I couldn't get rid of the black junk!

It is actually pretty common. Most people don't know they need to clean out the jets/pipes once a month or that will happen. Our house was empty for a few months before we moved in and our jets spit black dirt out. We did a deep clean of the jets with bleach and now just use dish soap once a month.

That said, I hate jetted tubs. If we ever get around to remodeling our bathroom we will do a plain soaker tub. 

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• hmp1hmp1 member
    imageBPer:

I guess we just have no use for a formal living room/parlor/study  that is a staple of center hall colonials. I much prefer an open kitchen/breakfast/family room/great room set up. 

We had a formal living room in my parents' house growing up. My sister and I were not allowed in it. If my mom saw footprints in the carpet, we were in trouble. That room was used like 2x per year at holidays. 

I work from home so I like using the traditional formal living space as my office. I like being at the front of the house so I can see out the windows and I don't want to waste a bedroom on my office.

We have the formal dining on the right, office on the left of the front entry, then the open family, breakfast, kitchen at the back of the house. I love our floor plan. 

I hate houses that don't have a formal entry. Deal breaker for me is a front door that opens into the family room. 

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• BPerBPer member
    imagehmp&mrj:
    imageBPer:

I hate houses that don't have a formal entry. Deal breaker for me is a front door that opens into the family room. 

Agreed. Our plans have a nice 2-story foyer at the entry, formal dining on the left, and then a hallway of sorts leading to the back of the house where we have the kitchen, living room, and keeping room. 

• imagehmp&mrj:
    imageBPer:

I work from home so I like using the traditional formal living space as my office. I like being at the front of the house so I can see out the windows and I don't want to waste a bedroom on my office.

We have the formal dining on the right, office on the left of the front entry, then the open family, breakfast, kitchen at the back of the house. I love our floor plan. 

UO: I dislike open floor plans.  I like having formal spaces and informal spaces and using each space for its "intended function" lol.  Like no eat-in kitchen--we eat in the dining room.  For one, it means that kid crap doesn't take over my entire house--I can still have a space that looks like grown-up live here instead of looking like tiny aliens who love brightly colored plastic took over my house.

Andplusalso, love that I can close the door on a mess. 

• imageHyaline:
    imagehmp&mrj:
    imageBPer:

UO: I dislike open floor plans.  I like having formal spaces and informal spaces and using each space for its "intended function" lol.  Like no eat-in kitchen--we eat in the dining room.  For one, it means that kid crap doesn't take over my entire house--I can still have a space that looks like grown-up live here instead of looking like tiny aliens who love brightly colored plastic took over my house.

Andplusalso, love that I can close the door on a mess. 

The same house I mentioned above with the jetted tub had a completely open floor plan downstairs. It's what made us fall in love with the house at first. The longer we lived in it the more I wished there was some separation. Literally, the whole downstairs was one big open room. We created different spaces with furniture arrangement, but when we had company we had to make sure every inch was clean because there was no way to hide anything! The house we just moved into is 60 years old so every room is separated. I had yet to determine if I like it better. We need to get the kitchen remodeled and get everything in it's place before I can tell!

Anniversary

• imagedanab_sd:
    imageMiraskTastic:

I think she looks great the way she is right now, body-wise. I certainly don't think she's too small for her frame. I think what looks bad about her is her hair, tan, and huge new teeth.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"