August 2012 Moms

UO!!

I don't like chocolate on chocolate...like chocolate cake with chocolate frosting and chocolate ice cream with chocolate chips. The cake thing I can sometimes do but it has to be perfect.
Then and now. How did my boy get so big? 

Re: UO!!

• I don't like Babar.

• I don't like chocolate cake or icing, BB.

I'm happy with the Zimmerman verdict. I'm sorry but to convict a man of a crime with no hard evidence and based on hearsay/a made up "this probably happened" rendition is a complete failure of our justice system. No one knew what happened; whether it was self defense or if he felt threatened. You just can't say it wasn't self defense and ship a guy off to jail for the rest of his life.

A12 Sig Challenge - Favorite Fall Show!
    SCANDAL!

• Loading the player...
  • I've never had DD do a professional photo shoot of any kind and don't plan on it. That sh!!ts expensive and I like the photos I take with my phone just fine.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageBaker_Bride:
    I don't like Babar.

You gotta do Better than that. I don't either.
    image"Lilypie">imageimage

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imageBaker_Bride:
    I don't like chocolate on chocolate...like chocolate cake with chocolate frosting and chocolate ice cream with chocolate chips. The cake thing I can sometimes do but it has to be perfect.

That's funny! I loooove chocolate on chocolate! 

WEBONLY_NOPRINT_DSC_1509-2-2236294072-O
    DS #1 Born: 10/03/06, DS #2 Born: 08/06/12 My Cooking Blog
  • The professional pics I'm having done next Tuesday for Adeline....ugh. I'm not even looking forward to them. I looked at her page and I take better pictures of her. At least it's free. Still bugs me. Whatever.
    image"Lilypie">imageimage

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imageBemyselfandi:
    The professional pics I'm having done next Tuesday for Adeline....ugh. I'm not even looking forward to them. I looked at her page and I take better pictures of her. At least it's free. Still bugs me. Whatever.

Aww I thought you were excited! Or are you just happy to get a free dress? Lol.

P.s that was you who posted that on FB, right? I'm not making this up?
  • I kinda hope my daughter doesn't realize how pretty she is until after high school. I don't want her to be distracted by boys and I want her to be a nerd. I realize this is a far fetched wish, but I'm only on my first cup of coffee this morning.
  • imageLinzlu214:
    I don't generally like newborn photography. The poses look so weird. For example, I have never in real life seen a newborn with his head resting on his crossed arms. The babies are cute but it looks a little freaky.

I agree. I fell prey to newborn photos but his poses are all natural. He was very alert too so he was awake in them. I wouldn't change them for anything because they're just how I remember him.

• imagebigbootyjudi:
    I don't like chocolate cake or icing, BB. I'm happy with the Zimmerman verdict. I'm sorry but to convict a man of a crime with no hard evidence and based on hearsay/a made up "this probably happened" rendition is a complete failure of our justice system. No one knew what happened; whether it was self defense or if he felt threatened. You just can't say it wasn't self defense and ship a guy off to jail for the rest of his life.

I understand that it was the legally correct verdict, and I respect that.  There is nothing that I can be "happy" about, though, in regards to this case. That shitbag started the whole fcking thing, a boy died because of it, and there's nothing we can legally do about it. Disgusting. I see my students in Trayvon, and my heart literally aches. A grown man did this to a teenager. That is vile, and the whole situation is just so jacked up. 

AUGUST 2012 UNICORN

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageAggieDaner:

imagebigbootyjudi:
    I don't like chocolate cake or icing, BB.

I'm happy with the Zimmerman verdict. I'm sorry but to convict a man of a crime with no hard evidence and based on hearsay/a made up "this probably happened" rendition is a complete failure of our justice system. No one knew what happened; whether it was self defense or if he felt threatened. You just can't say it wasn't self defense and ship a guy off to jail for the rest of his life.

I understand that it was the legally correct verdict, and I respect that.  There is nothing that I can be "happy" about, though, in regards to this case. That shitbag started the whole fcking thing, a boy died because of it, and there's nothing we can legally do about it. Disgusting. I see my students in Trayvon, and my heart literally aches. A grown man did this to a teenager. That is vile, and the whole situation is just so jacked up. 

Right. I can't be happy when an innocent boy is dead. I wish he could have gotten manslaughter. I hate these people who think they're the police.

• imagebigbootyjudi:
    I don't like chocolate cake or icing, BB.

Bring one of the AA ppl on this board, I'm only going to say this.
    For years, black men, women and children have been killed. For years, shoot probably even past night, sr young child died because that person looked like a stereotype and because of that died. For years....and sadly to this day, one way or another it's been sanctioned. As having a little boy and knowing that he too one day will be stereotyped sickens me. To know that despite having come so far, he could get killed in the street because he's loud or the neighbor hood is having trouble worries me to death. To have a young girl and explain to her that she can't act like her friends because they will bring her down is maddening. To have experienced being beaten because of the color of my skin and knowing my child will go through the same or similar, saddens me. I could never be 'happy' with such a verdict. I could never beer happy that another one of my people's children have died. I couldn't never be happy that if the roles are reversed with the same jury, he'd be sitting in jail. No, I'm not happy. I'm pissed. I'm anger because now I have to drive in my children's head nothing they do will not go under a microscope. That your friends can try a little weed but you can't because you will fit the stereotype. No you can't walk the streets when it's gets dark because not everyone will like you because of the color of your skin. No, you can't sag your pants and blare music out of car because someone will think it's ok to shoot up the car. No. I'm angry.
  • MoFreeMoFree member
    Thank you Lady T. I am not Africa. American so I do not experience racism through your eyes. I will say that anyone who says that race is not a factor in America is extremely naive, not a member of a racial minority and extremely uncomfortable with the subject.
    TTC since 3-08 IVF # 1 Dec 2011 BFP DD born at 31 weeks 6-24-12

FET #1 Dec 2013 BFN

FET # 2 Feb 2014 BFN

No more frosties

IVF #2. September 2014

PGD yielded 2 perfect 5d blasts

SET November 9, 2014
    Nov 23, 2014. Another BFN

Not sure where to go from here.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • imageMoFree:
    Thank you Lady T. I am not Africa. American so I do not experience racism through your eyes. I will say that anyone who says that race is not a factor in America is extremely naive, not a member of a racial minority and extremely uncomfortable with the subject.

Very, very true.
  • I don't like posed newborn photos either, I don't really like posed photos much. I feel like photography should really be about capturing a moment as it happens, or a moment in time which can involve some posing but only if done realistically. Sometimes playing around with pretend or fantasy stuff is just fun though.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicPhotobucket
  • imageScout2005:
    I hate every single last blasted thing about summer. The heat, the bugs, the expectation of going out in said heat and bugs to "do things." Fall can't get here fast enough.

This is me too.  I didn't fill out the Summer GTKY because I knew I'd come off as a miserable B.  I even hate "summer" beers.  Fall is my favorite season, followed by winter.  

photo judgejudy.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Lady T, thank you. That made me choke up a bit.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicPhotobucket
  • Trayvon Martin had a bag of skittles and an iced tea. That f_cker George Zimmerman had a gun and pursued Trayvon Martin, even though the dispatcher on the 911 call repeatedly told him not to. If Trayvon Martin had a gun instead of skittles, he could have legally shot George Zimmerman and had it justified under Florida's stupid rule. But do you think a jury would have acquitted him? 

I haven't been on here much because I've had a very busy summer, and it's ignorant comments like the one supporting George Zimmerman that was posted on here and by various idiots on Facebook that make me wonder why I associate with people like that. I'm sure the feeling is mutual, but to each their own, I guess.

• On a less heated topic, I really dislike vanilla. Like I don't like plain vanilla ice cream or cake. I need some flavor!
  • imagenatalie8784:

imageBaker_Bride:

Well there goes your birthday invite.  I'm doing chocolate on chocolate for B's cupcakes.  

I'll take that invite lol. I love me some chocolate!
  • imageSpruceGrouse:
    Lady T, thank you. That made me choke up a bit.

I didn't mean to choke you up. I'm sorry.
  • I don't like Indian food and I only like Mexican food a couple times a year.
  • imagelady_tytah:
    On a less heated topic, I really dislike vanilla. Like I don't like plain vanilla ice cream or cake. I need some flavor!

My absolute favorite flair combination is chocolate and vanilla together. Chocolate cake with vanilla frosting, vanilla ice cream with hot fudge, twist cones...that kind of thing. I think they balance each other and make the chocolate taste more chocolate and the vanilla taste more vanilla of that makes any sense.

• imagenatalie8784:
    imagelady_tytah:
    imagenatalie8784:

imageBaker_Bride:

Well there goes your birthday invite.  I'm doing chocolate on chocolate for B's cupcakes.  

You may come in Bakers place lol

Yay!!! ::: doing the chocolate dance:::
  • I didn't say I was happy that this poor boy died. I'm just happy that the law was upheld, instead of allowing media and community pressure to render it irrelevant.

I don't know about the race issue. I think it's unfair to accuse someone of being racist just because he's not the same color as the person on the other end. If two people of different ethnicities get in an argument, it doesn't mean they're automatically racist. I think it's almost just as racist to assume that because GZ was Hispanic he had a problem with this African American boy.

Anyways, I know it's a UO, hence why it's here. All races are victims of racism. I'm white in a predominately AA area and I'm often assumed as "stuck up" and "having everything come easy to me" because of my color. If I carry an expensive bag, it's because my rich daddy bought it for me. If I get good grades, it's because I went to private school. I have an "easy" job that I got easily. All of these things are things that have been said to or about me many, many times.

My dad is a 46 year old man who lives with his mother and didn't support me for a single day in my life. I went to public school. I've worked since I was 14.

ETA because my phone cut my post off: I'm just saying, racism exists amongst all races and goes both ways. I've been treated pretty poorly by a lot of AA people, but I have plenty of amazing AA friends as well. If I get in a fight with an AA person in the middle of the street, it would be unfair to call me racist (especially since my dad/half my family is 50% AA) just because I wasn't AA as well.

SCANDAL!

• Coffee isn't right without cream. We haven't been to the grocery store since getting back in town yesterday and my coffee is not the right color [:]

Trayvon Martin wasn't an angel who was shot based on skin color alone. Zimmerman didn't set out to kill him; the situatiom escalated. BOTH parties could have also handled the situation differently. I'm not saying Trayvon deserved to be shot. He didn't. But, there are two sides and none of us were there to know the entire story in it's entirety. The jury made their decision based on the evidence presented.

"To be able to practice five things everywhere under heaven constitutes perfect virtue...gravity, generosity of soul, sincerity, earnestness, and kindness."
  • imagelady_tytah:
    imagenatalie8784:
    imagelady_tytah:
    imagenatalie8784:

imageBaker_Bride:

Oh now!! I take it back, my favorite thing to get at Baked in New York is their sweet and salty cake which is chocolate on chocolate but with caramel. It's indescribably good.

• imageCheerilee:
    Coffee isn't right without cream. We haven't been to the grocery store since getting back in town yesterday and my coffee is not the right color [:]

Trayvon Martin wasn't an angel who was shot based on skin color alone. Zimmerman didn't set out to kill him; the situatiom escalated. BOTH parties could have also handled the situation differently. I'm not saying Trayvon deserved to be shot. He didn't. But, there are two sides and none of us were there to know the entire story in it's entirety. The jury made their decision based on the evidence presented.

Some old fat fck is running after you and what do you think is the right thing to do? Of course he hit him. And he deserved it for racially profiling a kid who may have been on weed but orherwise wasn't doing anything wrong.

• imageRhomonk:

imageScout2005:
    I hate every single last blasted thing about summer. The heat, the bugs, the expectation of going out in said heat and bugs to "do things."

Fall can't get here fast enough.

This is me too.  I didn't fill out the Summer GTKY because I knew I'd come off as a miserable B.  I even hate "summer" beers.  Fall is my favorite season, followed by winter.  

That's why I didn't fill it out either :P
  • imageCheerilee:

This is exactly what I was saying, in much better words.

Yes 

SCANDAL!

• imageBaker_Bride:
    imagelady_tytah:
    On a less heated topic, I really dislike vanilla. Like I don't like plain vanilla ice cream or cake. I need some flavor!

My absolute favorite flair combination is chocolate and vanilla together. Chocolate cake with vanilla frosting, vanilla ice cream with hot fudge, twist cones...that kind of thing. I think they balance each other and make the chocolate taste more chocolate and the vanilla taste more vanilla of that makes any sense.

Vanilla ice cream with hot fudge I can get with. Chocolate with vanilla icing.....I'll get a small slice just to try out. But I definitely would have changed the icing to cream cheese. Mmmm, cream cheese lol.
  • Scout, I agree about summer. I didn't used to but it really is awful in the city. All the concrete makes it so much hotter and my kid gets so red faced meaning he hates it too. I think I tolerated it in Chicago because we spent every weekend at my parents' going to the lake. Plus, my Dad keeps his house at meat locker temperatures. Come on September!!

• imageBaker_Bride:
    imagelady_tytah:
    imagenatalie8784:
    imagelady_tytah:
    imagenatalie8784:

imageBaker_Bride:

Oh now!! I take it back, my favorite thing to get at Baked in New York is their sweet and salty cake which is chocolate on chocolate but with caramel. It's indescribably good.

Nope, nope. No take backs lol. I've already done my chocolate dance :]
  • imageBaker_Bride:
    imageCheerilee:
    Coffee isn't right without cream. We haven't been to the grocery store since getting back in town yesterday and my coffee is not the right color [:]

Some old fat fck is running after you and what do you think is the right thing to do? Of course he hit him. And he deserved it for racially profiling a kid who may have been on weed but orherwise wasn't doing anything wrong.

Not that 17 year olds do the smart thing, but the smart thing would have been to call 911 himself to report someone following him or seek help from a neighbor.

And he'd done more than smoke weed in his past. Like I said, I don't feel he deserved it. I did some work in juvenile justice and those kids were still kids, just not able to make smart decisions.

For me, Zimmerman was within the law to do what he did. Was it moral? I don't personally think it was. But, it was lawful. In a court of law, he was found not guilty because he was within his rights.

"To be able to practice five things everywhere under heaven constitutes perfect virtue...gravity, generosity of soul, sincerity, earnestness, and kindness."
  • imageLgamache90:
    I've never had DD do a professional photo shoot of any kind and don't plan on it. That sh!!ts expensive and I like the photos I take with my phone just fine.

This is me as well. I have a nice camera and a decent eye. We have albums full of photos of our DDs as evidence that you don't need to spend money on props to get amazing pictures.

I wish we had a dress code where I work. The fact that my colleague wears tank tops and sandals to the office, then complains that she has to "dress up" drives me nuts. We work in a special collections library, and do one on one research with patrons who are visiting us from as far away as Japan. It seems disrespectful to show up looking like you just popped over from a summer BBQ.

• Boogers are not gross. Popping whiteheads, scraping ear wax too. It's all good, and kinda amazing.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imageScout2005:

What TM did or did not do in the past is irrelevant, and the fact that it's being brought up here as some roundabout victim blaming is f'ucking infuriating.

Unbelievable folks. Seriously.

And BBJ, being called "stuck up" is a far cry from the N-word. And frankly, I doubt you daily feared for your life because someone said your daddy bought you a purse. Every 17 year old AA man in this country is right to be terrified for their safety right now. 

It's not even apples and oranges. It's apples and carburetors.  Not even in the same category.

Exactly. My UO is that I think if you have to list reasons you're not a racist, then you are probably a racist. 

• imageLiliDragon:
    imageCheerilee:
    Coffee isn't right without cream. We haven't been to the grocery store since getting back in town yesterday and my coffee is not the right color [:] Trayvon Martin wasn't an angel who was shot based on skin color alone. Zimmerman didn't set out to kill him; the situatiom escalated. BOTH parties could have also handled the situation differently. I'm not saying Trayvon deserved to be shot. He didn't. But, there are two sides and none of us were there to know the entire story in it's entirety. The jury made their decision based on the evidence presented.
    Both could have handled it differently. One is dead and the other gets off scott free. How is that justice? Also make no mistake: the jury made their verdict based on the fact that a black person's life is worth less than a white person's life, and frankly that's disgusting. If this kid was white, we'd all be seeing a very different outcome. To think otherwise is in incredibly naive. ETA: his past has absolutely no bearing on this case. He is a human irrespective of his actions, and he is dead because someone else murdered him. I don't see how this is hard...
      ITA.  It's sad as hell.

ETA- It's LiliD ITA with. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Man, our board is definitely not slow today!
  • imageBecc77:
    imageScout2005:

What TM did or did not do in the past is irrelevant, and the fact that it's being brought up here as some roundabout victim blaming is f'ucking infuriating.

Unbelievable folks. Seriously.

And BBJ, being called "stuck up" is a far cry from the N-word. And frankly, I doubt you daily feared for your life because someone said your daddy bought you a purse. Every 17 year old AA man in this country is right to be terrified for their safety right now. 

It's not even apples and oranges. It's apples and carburetors.  Not even in the same category.

Exactly. My UO is that I think if you have to list reasons you're not a racist, then you are probably a racist. 

You mean I can't prove I'm not racist by listing black friends I have? ;]

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"