January 2013 Moms

Does your LO still nap with you

50% of the time LO will nap in her crib or the stroller if we are out but the other time, she only wants to nap in my arms. To avoid a super fussy baby, I let her if she misses her first nap. Anybody else in this same situation?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Does your LO still nap with you

• DD only sleeps "with me" when we're out and she falls asleep in the Ergo. Otherwise I'm really trying to send a consistent message to her because it has been incredibly difficult for her to get on a sleep schedule.
  • I was thinking about trying to get her on a nap schedule. What does yours look like? The only thing is that I still like that she can fall asleep when we are out. I dont want her to only be able to sleep in the crib.
  • Loading the player...
  • only when we are out.  At home it's crib. 

It really depends on the baby.  DS wouldn't sleep anywhere but crib, DD is a little better but not much. 

William born 9/7/07
    Violet Mae born 1/15/13
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I discovered that DS takes longer naps if he sleeps in his crib so I've just started putting him down each time. We didn't last week when he was sick, we did a lot of holding but now we are back to normal. 

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

BFP #3: EDD 1/10/13 **DS born 12/30/12!!!**
    BFP #2: MC 7/2/11 @ 12 weeks
    **Missing our February '12 LoveBug**
    BFP #1: MMC discovered on 12/6/10

Anniversary

• When he only napped on me, I wished he would nap in the crib. Now he only naps in the crib (at home, he will sometimes fall asleep in the stroller when we're out), and I miss him napping on me! Greener grass...
  • DD only wants to nap on me. She will nap for at least 30 minutes on me, usually longer, but if I put her down, she's up in 10 minutes or less. For sanity sake, I normally let her. I use that time to catch up on things I want to do, like read or watch a show on the DVR.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageaklawrence1:
    DD only wants to nap on me. She will nap for at least 30 minutes on me, usually longer, but if I put her down, she's up in 10 minutes or less. For sanity sake, I normally let her. I use that time to catch up on things I want to do, like read or watch a show on the DVR.

I could have written this. DD naps great on me after nursing or in her carseat. However, when I try to transfer her to the crib, PnP, or any other resting spot she wakes up almost immediately and won't go back to sleep. I would love for her to nap other places but I would rather her actually get the sleep and not be cranky and overtired so I deal with it. It is a great time to catch up on DVR! 

I need to look into some ways to get her to nap better on her own but the cry it out method and even those like it don't seem to work for us at all. She can self soothe better at night, nap time is just such a battle and usually ends up with her super cranky and flustered when I try to move her off me. I have hope that as she gets older this will change. It may be false hope but it's all I have! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageaklawrence1:
    DD only wants to nap on me. She will nap for at least 30 minutes on me, usually longer, but if I put her down, she's up in 10 minutes or less. For sanity sake, I normally let her. I use that time to catch up on things I want to do, like read or watch a show on the DVR.

This is us too except yesterday I was determined to have her nap in her crib and we actually had success with her afternoon nap! She slept for an hour in her crib and it felt like such a victory! Hopefully today goes as well.  

• imagemandapear:
    When he only napped on me, I wished he would nap in the crib. Now he only naps in the crib (at home, he will sometimes fall asleep in the stroller when we're out), and I miss him napping on me! Greener grass...

This. I miss the snuggles with him...

• From day one we didn't hold DD a whole lot while she slept. My mom was always on us to put her down so that she didn't get use to being held. So she always slept/napped in her bassinet then her crib. She's been putting hersslf to aleep for awhile. And I regretted it, I saw pics of everyone else getting cuddles from their babies. When ever we went anywhere, like on a trip to see family the only way she'd sleep was if I layed her on a bed on her tummy. She wouldn't just fall asleep in my arms or on a blanket on the floor while playing. She would fuss till I laid her down in her crib/bed/PNP. When she's not feeling well or teething she'll take a nap on me, by falling asleep nursing. Right now I'm just trying to get her to nap on me without having to nurse. We're taking another road trip this weekend and we'll be out a lot. I'd like for her to be able to just fall asleep on me or DH, would make things so much easier.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I have a similar problem, but at night. My DS will nap in his bouncey chair or swing, or car seat but he will not sleep anywhere but next to me at night. If I put him in his PnP (that's right next to my bed) he won't settle and eventually starts crying. We tried the CIO method, but he screamed like a banchee for over an hour! He broke me, it just seemed too cruel to let a baby cry like that. Sigh. Every night I put him in his PnP (b/c I'm hard headed) and he sleeps until I come to bed, he starts to cry then I pick him up and he's snoring before I even lay him next to me. And the crib was worse...i couldnt handle being in a separate room and he screamed until he vomited. I'm pretty sure I'm an enabler but I love the snuggles!! My BF says he has to be out by 1...so I've got time :)
  • She never has

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"