December 2010 Moms

Movie theater

I just want to AW J for a minute.  We decided to take him to his first movie (in a theater) today.  We went to see Monsters University and he did so well!  He sat in the seat the whole time (I had to keep my leg on the edge, as he was too light to keep the seat from folding up at times, but he was quiet and still the whole time.  During the previews he was a little movie critic and at the end of each he would say, "Not funny".  We took our nearly 5 month old too, and he did great too!

For the record, as soon as we got out of the movie, he had TONS of energy to burn so he was all over the place, but while we were in there, he was great.

Re: Movie theater

• kj07kj07 member
    Too funny about his high standards for the previews.
    photo 8653f130-7264-42f4-8d67-9a73d64cacce_zps8c973e49.jpg

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP #1 4/14/10. Big B born 12/28/10.

BFP #2 5/27/12. EDD 2/1/13. m/c and D&C 6/21/12.
  • Yay I'm glad to hear he did so well!! I want to take A but would definitely need to have the sitter watch J has he's too spazzy at 10 months to watch a movie.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm impressed! I wouldn't even consider taking Ava to a movie yet!

• That's great! We took Avery to see her first movie a few weeks ago (mainly because it was so hot and we don't have A/C) so her first movie was also Monsters University. She only lasted the first hour though before she wanted to go home. 

• imageChicagoBroad26:
    I'm impressed! I wouldn't even consider taking Ava to a movie yet!

This.  DD barely sits through five minutes of a movie at home.  I wouldn't pay to take her to a theater. 

• We had a good idea he'd be OK.  If you put on a Pixar movie for him, especially one he hasn't seen before, he's usually pretty attentive.  We told him before hand that he couldn't be loud and he HAD to stay in his seat.  He stayed in his seat until the credits rolled and then he danced in the row to the credit music.
  • That's great he did so well!

I've had a few friends take their kids to see Monster's U as their first movie theater experience. Most of them have done pretty well. 

I still don't know if I'm brave enough - plus we are cheap and rarely even get to the movies ourselves these days, haha!

• Well, it helped that our theater doesn't charge for under 3, so only my wife and I had to pay, it was reduced pricing that day, and my parents came with and paid for one of us, so if either kid blew up, we'd only be out $6.
  • We went to see Despicable Me 2 with E the other day and he did great too. He got a little squirmy in the middle but with a little goldfish as a distraction he was awesome! I was totally prepared to leave early by be loved that it was loud and dark!
  • sroszcsroszc member

imagekeags5496:
    We went to see Despicable Me 2 with E the other day and he did great too. He got a little squirmy in the middle but with a little goldfish as a distraction he was awesome! I was totally prepared to leave early by be loved that it was loud and dark!

This was exactly us!  About halfway through I had to break out the snacks but those got us through the rest of the movie.  I was really surprised he did so well and it was a cute movie!  Can't wait to take him to see more!   

photo 53b360e6-ee99-4f9e-a024-83bbcf2fab7d_zps358d4ab4.jpg Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"