Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

How long

So went to ER and had MC confirmed on 7/9. My HCG was at 50. Went back got it checked a week later and it went up to 61. Have not had any bleeding for about 5 days. Doc calls me said I can't see him because I am not an established patient with him and I am not pregnant so I can't change doctors. My original doc quit shortly after I had my first child and they just reassigned me. So the doc I don't want to see can't see me until the middle of August. I just want to put all of this behind me and start trying again but they keep pushing my appt out. I am afraid that i will need a DC and wont get it until the end of august. And to make things worse my best friend is pregnant our due dates were 3 weeks apart. So sad not to be able to share this with her. And So fustrated and angry with my doctors office.

Re: How long

• Options
    That response would absolutely infuriate me!! I am somewhere between pregnant and miscarriage. Waiting for my body to naturally start. I too found out on July 9th. Talk about insensitive!!! This is not something your PCP handles. Clearly you'll need an OBGYN's office.

I hope you call back. Or, if you have the time just go sit in their office til they assign you a different doc and get an earlier appt.

I have another u/s scheduled for Monday. My next doc appt is Wednesday. This is later than they wanted because we had a vacation scheduled this week. Additionally my doctor called me this week to see if I had started bleeding , had any symptoms of miscarriage and to share my crazy high HCg s that concern her re possible molar pregnancy.
    Married to the love of my life since 2005
    TTC #1 - 
    BFP # 1: 5/2006 - m/c @ 6 weeks (natural) / EDD 1/17/2007
    BFP # 2: 7/2007 - chemical pregnancy / EDD 3/18/2008
    BFP # 3: 6/2013 - 7/9 u/s: No hb, measuring 2 weeks behind. Very high HCG#'s 7/21 u/s: No change, ruled out molar pregnancy. Completed Natural Missed M/C 7/26/2013 / EDD 2/5/2014
    TTA with Diaphragm. 
    CFNBC
    I didn't want to kiss you goodbye, that was the trouble; I wanted to kiss you goodnight. And there's a lot of difference. - Ernest Hemingway 

Licensed foster family. No current placements. Open to adoption but that is not our goal and as such we don't have dual foster/adopt home study.
    2012-2013: Former Foster Mommy to 1 bubbly little 8 y.o. girl that has moved onto an amazing adoptive home.

• Options
    Call other doctors! Don't wait for them when it comes to the health of your body! Keep calling them or call someone else. It took me getting really upset on the phone with an idiot girl to get in to see my doc right after my miscarriage. I saw her 3 days after and I was a pain in their until I did. I know this situation is very hard and discouraging but just keep your head up and be persistent.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageavioletsky:
    That response would absolutely infuriate me!! I am somewhere between pregnant and miscarriage. Waiting for my body to naturally start. I too found out on July 9th. Talk about insensitive!!! This is not something your PCP handles. Clearly you'll need an OBGYN's office.

I hope you call back. Or, if you have the time just go sit in their office til they assign you a doc and get an appt.

Absolutely right!
    I'm sorry to hear your going through this too. : You keep your head up as well. Hugs to both of you!
  • Options

I would call and demand an appointment. It is completely unacceptable to treat you this way and postpone your treatment and prolong your pain. There is always a chain of command and even your doctor has a boss to answer to. I would take it to the top - even if ultimately you change doctors or they give you a sooner appt., that doctor needs to be reprimanded and their policy needs to change. Shame on them. 

PS: I miscarried this week and my best friend is also pregnant. We were to be 7 weeks apart. It has been very sad to think we will not be "pregnant buddies" and our kids will not be so close together. Although it is difficult she has been a great source of support for me and somehow through it all, seeing her and her tiny bump gives me hope more than makes me jealous. We will be there soon!  

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    L RosL Ros member
    I agree with PP, don't settle for that! Go in and demand to see a different doctor sooner. You don't deserve to have to wait that long to be seen.
  • Options
    If you have to- change the practice you go to. That's ridiculous. :P
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"