August 2011 Moms

Reading?

Are any of you reading anything good?

I just picked up Bringing Up Bebe and The Paris Wife on Monday from the library.  I couldn't put either of them down.  So, either they're that good, or I was just STARVED for something to read.

I have Gone Girl and a few books on education reserved already at the library, but has anyone read anything good lately?

I promise I won't judge you for your reading tastes...  ;) 

Prudence
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Otis
 Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Hank 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Re: Reading?

• Okay, they're super meaty and require some dedication, but I always recommend Dianna Gabaldon's Outlander series. They're fabulous. An intriguing mix of historical fiction, science fiction/ time travel and romance. It's one epic story with each of the books acting like a chapter in the story. And, bonus, with 8 books so far, each averaging about 800 pages, you won't need to wonder what to read until... like, next year!

I've read the entire series all the way through 3, almost 4 times now. They're that good.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Do you like Neil Young?  Even if you don't, his biography Waging Heavy Peace is amazing.  You may be able to connect with all the CA references too.

I've been stuck on Huck Finn for months.  That is one hard book to read, but I'm determined to finish it regardless. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • The last book I read was half of nurture shock 6 mos ago :/

ill start something tonight. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I just started the Wheel of Time series. It's 14 novels, epic fantasy. I like the first one a lot so far, I'm about halfway through. The books are loooong though so we will see if I'm still into the storyline once I get to the third or fourth book.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imagemelissa0726:
    I just started the Wheel of Time series. It's 14 novels, epic fantasy. I like the first one a lot so far, I'm about halfway through. The books are loooong though so we will see if I'm still into the storyline once I get to the third or fourth book.

Ooohhhh I really got into the Wheel of time. I have read all the books. My only issue is that so much time passes between each book and there are so many characters and plots going on I always have that feeling that I'm forgetting some important detail.

Also? DH's goto screen name for gaming and stuff is Mat Cauthon. And before he got me into WOT, he tried to convince me to name our hypothetical future daughter Nynaeve.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersimage
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Farewell, nesticle, you will be missed
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"