August 2013 Moms

A13 FB group?

I know that some of the other boards have face book groups. So I was wondering is there an August 13 group yet? If not is this something that we would like to do?
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: A13 FB group?

• I *vaguely* remember there being an issue w/ a FB group way back in 1st trimester. I personally have no issue with a group or even adding people. I've got several "friends" from my Knot days, and have even met several IRL.
    Ezra James 08/22/2013  <3
    Nora Grace Due 12/26/2016  <3

Two Angel Babies 
    07/03/2012
    08/08/2015

"If you're still my small babe
    or you're all the way grown,
    my promise to you
    is you're never alone.
    You are my angel, my darling,
    my star...and my love will find you,
    wherever you are."
  • There's one out there that was started when we all got our BFP's early on. I'm not apart of it and don't plan on joining. I'd rather stay on TB.
        DS born 8-16-2013
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • There is, but its run by d-bags. This was a hot topic at the beginning of the year. They kick you out of the group if you don't post frequent enough. I was never interested in being part of that. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'd be interested!
    A'13 June Siggy Contest- TV Dads
  • Sounds like fun!
  • NO! No, no, no, no, no!
  • Umm yea and the way they would bully you over your post count forced a few ladies to discuss their losses. Not cool at all. Twatwaffles. 

• imagemsspeedymarie:

imageamandarins:
    There is, but its run by d-bags. This was a hot topic at the beginning of the year. They kick you out of the group if you don't post frequent enough. I was never interested in being part of that. 

Yeah, I would be up for one now, now that we actually know each other and we know we aren't all crazy d-bags.

A new FB page of our regs would Definitly be a different story! 

• imageamandarins:
    There is, but its run by dbags. This was a hot topic at the beginning of the year. They kick you out of the group if you don't post frequent enough. I was never interested in being part of that.nbsp;

haha this
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I'd be up for a new one. I want no part of the old one.
    imageimageimageimage

• Geez the old group sound horrible. I feel like I've gotten to know a few of you ladies on here, and I wouldn't be opposed to adding them to FB if they wanted.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imageamarissa85:
    I'd be up for a new one. I want no part of the old one.

this.  

image image

• imageSoleil3:

imageamarissa85:

this. &nbsp;

hmmm me too
  • imageJBrooks315:
    Geez the old group sound horrible. I feel like I've gotten to know a few of you ladies on here, and I wouldn't be opposed to adding them to FB if they wanted.

This is how I feel also!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageWashingtonQueen:
    NO! No, no, no, no, no!

This. Adamantly. With fierce conviction and lots of gesturing.

Facebook all but killed my last BMB. Please... no... 

• I always thought it would be fun but last time I asked about the fb page people basically questioned me on why I'd want to join that page...well, I didn't realize that the people running it were rude but no one would give me the link to it. If a new page were started I would love to join it. I think it'd be fun for those of us who would like it and if people don't want to join they don't have to.
  • imageamandarins:
    imagemsspeedymarie:

imageamandarins:
    There is, but its run by d-bags. This was a hot topic at the beginning of the year. They kick you out of the group if you don't post frequent enough. I was never interested in being part of that. 

Yeah, I would be up for one now, now that we actually know each other and we know we aren't all crazy d-bags.

This. I would be game to join a FB group of regulars since I feel like I've gotten to know everyone since our BFPs.

EDIT: I'm gonna throw this out there, but I'd be willing to create the group/manage it if there were enough interest. It would be an invite-only deal. Really lax on everything else.

• imageKtbug613:
    imageSoleil3:

imageamarissa85:

this.  

hmmm me too

I'm torn. I've heard that they never go well, or that they ruin the BMB. But I'm also interested... 

photo pooka_zpsc2aa61f3.jpg

• imageBellaOso:

imageWashingtonQueen:
    NO! No, no, no, no, no!

This. Adamantly. With fierce conviction and lots of gesturing.

Facebook all but killed my last BMB. Please... no...&nbsp;

Yep, mine too. Might as well kiss this board goodbye.
    See ya later ladies.
  • I'd definitely participate on this and Facebook!
  • I'd be up for joining :)
    Due with #5 April 22, 2015. It's a girl!!!!! 

Yes it was planned, yes we know what causes that, no we are not on public assistance, and yes we will be getting cable after this. ;)

• I'm not super-active here, but I do spend more time on fb than I do here.  I'd be interested in joining a fb group if there were a new one!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imageShe'sGotAWay:
    imageKtbug613:
    imageSoleil3:

imageamarissa85:

this. &nbsp;

hmmm me too

Sounds OK to me.&nbsp;

Agree!!! Someone set it up!!!
  • imageBlondieBia21:
    I'd definitely participate on this and Facebook!
    This!
  • imageSoleil3:

imageamarissa85:

this. &nbsp;

Me too
  • If someone created one I would participate on both, this board and the fb. I don't want to leave this board
  • Hmmm... now I'm torn... I trust WQ, BellaOso and Somebodysmamma's opinions, but on surface value, a FB group doesn't necessarily seem like a bad idea...

• I'm not anti-FB group, but what is the point?  We have this.  Also, I've never really been that into FB groups in general and I kinda don't get them.
    photo regina_zpsee0752b3.gif

BFP #1 mm/c at 12w1d

• I'm game. It would be easier to share bump photos and stuff for those of us that are mobile 99 percent of the time.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagesomebodysmama21:
    Even if a new group was started I wouldn't join. For two reasons: one- I appreciate my anonymity. Two-There are topics I avoid on TB but do not avoid on FB and I don't really want to lose my bump friends because of differing beliefs. Same reason I don't add a lot of my mom group friends to my FB.

Here, here. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Pregnancy Ticker
  • I don't think I'm interested.. It sounds like a cool idea but also sounds like it didn't go so well before..
  • I don't mind adding people to my FB as friends but I hate moving the group over there. There are only about 10 people that even post on my old BMB. FB killed it completely. I refuse to join a FB group. I also hate the format.
  • You can be a part of a fb page but not be friends with the people of the page. For example, I am a member of a fb page for my graduating class of my college but I'm not friends with all of the other members. So if your fb privacy settings are set right you can be a part of the A13 fb page but not share all your info and you don't have to be friends with the fellow Members. So I could be a part of the fb page but you guys won't see my status updates on my own page...if that makes sense. I agree with pp, it's so much easier to share photos when mobile 99 of the time
  • imageTurtleMomma:
    imageamandarins:
    imagemsspeedymarie:

imageamandarins:

This. I would be game to join a FB group of regulars since I feel like I've gotten to know everyone since our BFPs.

EDIT: I'm gonna throw this out there, but I'd be willing to create the group/manage it if there were enough interest. It would be an invite-only deal. Really lax on everything else.

We have one on S13 and I think you had to be over a certain TB post count to be invited in. There is still over 100 people in it and it very hard to keep straight. I am a part of it but aside from a handful of TB regs on there, I couldnt tell you who was who without having to look at the master list. Its confusing and I hope that there will be one started with the regs over there. Yes, this is coming from a technical A13 newbie.

• I would be more likely to add people on a individual basis than I would to join a group, just because I don't need EVERYONE to know my name, etc. There are quite a few here I wouldn't mind friending, but where would we draw the line w/ a group and how?
    Ezra James 08/22/2013  <3
    Nora Grace Due 12/26/2016  <3

Two Angel Babies 
    07/03/2012
    08/08/2015

"If you're still my small babe
    or you're all the way grown,
    my promise to you
    is you're never alone.
    You are my angel, my darling,
    my star...and my love will find you,
    wherever you are."
  • imageJill9288:
    I would be more likely to add people on a individual basis than I would to join a group, just because I don't need EVERYONE to know my name, etc. There are quite a few here I wouldn't mind friending, but where would we draw the line w/ a group and how?

I like this idea! But I agree with the question about how to keep a group straight.
  • I guess I just don't see why we would need another group when we already have a group forum here. Facebook groups aren't really set up for posting and responding  the same way forums are and they can get confusing when there are a lot of members. I've participated in Chatzys with bump people which is fun if you're looking for a real time conversation but other than that I'm not interested.

BFP #1 4/10/12 D&C 6/5/12@ 12.5wks EDD 12/17/12
    BFP #2 9/10/12 CP 9/19/12@ 5.5wks EDD 5/21/13
    BFP# 3 12/3/12...Lukas James born 8/15/13
    BFP# 4 8/4/14 EDD 4/13/15

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• imageJill9288:
    I would be more likely to add people on a individual basis than I would to join a group, just because I don't need EVERYONE to know my name, etc. There are quite a few here I wouldn't mind friending, but where would we draw the line w/ a group and how?

I for some reason didn't even think about adding people individually, that would be nice! Groups can get pretty messy and they are hard to manage. How do we know babymamadrama isn't trying to join the group, as none of us know her name IRL?! I think it could be easier to add people as friends, and then move on with a group if that's what people want!

• I don't think I'm interested. I joined a fb group from my local board and its just too much to keep up with. Most people either stay on tb or on fb so it's like keeping track of 2 separate groups. They also delete people without x amount of posts a month.
    Another thing I hate about fb mobile is that I feel like I never see all the posts. If I log into fb from my laptop it's like I've missed out on an entire other world of posts. On tb I pull it up and know I'm scrolling back through all the posts. Also, tinypic is not that hard to use on mobile for sharing pics.
  • Like others said the general idea sounds good but really... What's the point if we all chat on here anyways. One more group to keep up with or feed to read on my wall, Nahhhh... No thanks.
    photo crunchy_zps41233998.gifimagephoto crunchy_zps41233998.gif
    My baby is ONE!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"