February 2013 Moms

still haven't lost 1lb

No thyroid problem, just fat. vegetarian for 20 years, even went vegan 6 weeks post partum. no soda, or cake, candy etcever. i am 5 lbs lower than 9 months pg. Sorry for brevity errorstyping from phone, but anyone at all in this boat??
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: still haven't lost 1lb

• Formula feeding too, btw.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • When I was vegan I had to work to hit 1200. Still nothing! I am 5'5" and weighed 137 prepregnancy. 150 or 155 was high for me previously.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Thank you very much for trying to help me out!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Are you really bloated? If you can't lose weight on 1200 kcal then something is not right. Are you actually counting calories or just estimating? 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thank you all. I used to LOVE going to the gym but with 3 kids would have to get up at 4am. We live on a rural hwy, so a little scary but maybe when the kids go back to school. Thank you ALL and gl to you too!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I just saw that this was your third kid.  The third was what did it to me - my body changed forever and seemed to hold on to the weight much more than it did with the previous babies.  I as at my lowest weight in my adult life shortly after baby #2, but after baby #3 no matter how hard I tried the weight wouldn't come off.  And my body shape changed on top of it, so even if I did get back to my pre-pg weight, I don't think my clothes would have fit the same way.

I eat well - organic, local, whole foods.  My problem is that I have an insane hunger because of BFing, so I consume a lot of calories to keep up.  Exercise is hard for me to do while nursing because it effects my supply. 

I don't really have advice for you.  I'm in the same boat.  My older sister had four kids and her body was pretty wrecked.  She got into triathlon and she is super fit now, but she works out hardcore for hours every day.  I think that serious workouts are what are required to get that fit after you've had so many kids and it's just not a lifestyle that is possible for most of us with little ones.

Eventually, one day when my kids are older, I'll get this weight off.  For now I'm trying to give myself a little grace. 

Hang in there, mama!

ETA - My target weight is 145.  I am 5'9".  I was 150 when I started the last pregnancy and got up to 190+ (I stopped caring because at two weeks overdue, who does?).  After the baby I dropped down to 175 and am now at 167ish and have been there for about three months.  I just can't lose past that right now.  20+ pounds to go is really depressing!

• Another thought for you - the vegan thing.  I was a vegetarian for over a decade of my life and started eating meat due to health reasons after #1 was born.  I have found that the more protein I eat, the easier it is to lose weight.  It's really hard to get good sources of protein on a vegan diet, so that could be part of it for you. 

• It's possible that you're eating more than you think also.. People grossly overestimate what an actual portion of an item is. I try to spend a few weeks every so often actually measuring/weighing things out to keep it all in perspective.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"