June 2013 Moms

Should I be concerned?

Since the beginning of the Week LO has only been nursing for about ten mins each feeding. Prior to that he was nursing on each breast for about 10 mins. This Friday makes him 6 weeks. His been so fussy waking up all thru the night when he usually sleeps for a good 45 stretch. When he pops off the boob he doesn't cry. His done and can't be bothered. I'm guessing he may be going thru a growth spurt? Or should I be concerned further?

Re: Should I be concerned?

• imageVASC:
    Maybe he has just become more efficient? nbsp;Does he seem to be taking in lots of swallows?. nbsp;Do your breasts feel emptied?

The one his nursing on usually does after. Since he hasnt been the best at eating lately I don't even try to switch to the other breast unless his done.
  • My LO has recently started doing this as well he eats fast and furious and is done under 10 min he had the same amount of wet and dirty diapers and seems content so I'm not worried. By the way he will be 6 weeks tomorrow
  • Loading the player...
  • imageDaninicole318:
    My LO has recently started doing this as well he eats fast and furious and is done under 10 min he had the same amount of wet and dirty diapers and seems content so I'm not worried. By the way he will be 6 weeks tomorrow

Same here.. Well minus the poop diapers. But the dr recommend so prune juice mixed with water to help pass a bowel movement. Because you can tell his in pain!
  • My LO eats in 10 to 15 mins max. He gulps the whole time and is satisfied. He has always been a wick eater. The longest he has eaten ever was 20 mins
  • DD's nursing sessions have gotten shorter but more frequently. FX this is just a growth spurt!
    imageimageimage
    My two girls Flower and Ayla Faye
  • imagemegandchase:
    My LO eats in 10 to 15 mins max. He gulps the whole time and is satisfied. He has always been a wick eater. The longest he has eaten ever was 20 mins

This is us too. I love that she nurses so quickly, especially with DS running around like a wild man during feedings!
         Lilypie - (2Lt7)      Lilypie - (WFOL)

Jonah Stephen born at 39w on 11/3/2011                Naomi Isabel born at 37w 5d on 5/27/2013
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"