August 2013 Moms

NBR - anyone have a good dip recipe?

My friends shower is Sunday and we have some dips but I am wanting to make something different than the norm. Anyone have a really good dip recipe?

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: NBR - anyone have a good dip recipe?

• My dad's awesome garlic dip:

Cream cheese
    Prepared beef bouillon [liquid]
    Garlic

Add the cream cheese and bouillon to the desired dip texture, then add the garlic to taste.

To increase garlic taste/potency, prepare it the night before, cover and store in the fridge. I love mine super potent, so for 2 blocks of cream cheese, I add 3/4 a head of garlic. DH's family LOVES it and begs me to bring it to all family gatherings, lol.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• jjkayejjkaye member

Super delicious and easy (use the real bacon bits, not the hard crunchy ones): https://www.food.com/recipe/bacon-ranch-dip-228731

This is easy and yummy:

https://www.tablespoon.com/recipes/jalapeno-popper-dip-recipe/1/

Crock pot dips are pretty much the best thing ever invented. I make this a lot and use the lunch meat version of corned beef:  

https://allrecipes.com/recipe/slow-cooker-reuben-dip/

And this is a good salsa with all sorts of yummy stuff. Put the avacado pits in the dip bowl until you serve so it doesn't brown:

https://allrecipes.com/recipe/black-bean-avocado-salsa/

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imageTurtleMomma:
    My dad's awesome garlic dip: Cream cheese Prepared beef bouillon [liquid] Garlic Add the cream cheese and bouillon to the desired dip texture, then add the garlic to taste. To increase garlic taste/potency, prepare it the night before, cover and store in the fridge. I love mine super potent, so for 2 blocks of cream cheese, I add 3/4 a head of garlic. DH's family LOVES it and begs me to bring it to all family gatherings, lol.

That sounds DELISH!! And very different! Thanks

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• I really like a good Buffalo chicken dip, and the SkinnyTaste website has a great recipe for one. I like to serve it with crackers, tortilla chips, and celery sticks.

https://www.skinnytaste.com/2010/02/lighter-buffalo-chicken-dip.html

• OT - I am totally immersed in the cloth diaper world. I read the title and thought you were talking about diapers (people shorten it to dipes sometimes lol).

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerLilypie First Birthday tickers

BFP 3/29/2014 2u2 Let's do this!

BabyFruit Ticker

photo crunchy_zps41233998.gif

• Sausage dip:

cream cheese

salsa

italian Sausage

i use close to a pound of sausage,  a small jar of chunky salsa and a small jar of cream cheese. 

Cook the sausage and mix everything together! (It looks super gross!!! But is AMAZING)  

• My standby is a layered Mexican dip:

• Can of refried beans and packet of taco seasoning
    • can of black bean (drained)
    • 2 cans of green chiles, chopped
    • 1 bag of pre shredded cheese

Layer those items in the bottom of a casserole dish in that order (refried beans on bottom, cheese on top). Bake at 350 degrees for 20 min until cheese is bubbly.

• I jar of medium salsa (or whatever heat level you like)
    • 1 small container of sour cream
    • 1 bunch of green onions, chopped
    • 1 tomato, chopped
    • 2 small cans of sliced black olives, drained

Dollop/sprinkle all of these items on top of the cheese.

Serve warm with tortilla chips.

I also tried this new recipe for BLT dip for July 4th party and it was a big hit. I added shredded lettuce right before serving and served it with Fritos scoops and Ritz crackers.

• imageMommyKristin88:
    OT - I am totally immersed in the cloth diaper world. I read the title and thought you were talking about diapers (people shorten it to dipes sometimes lol).

LOL!

• buffalo chicken dip! I literally have people fight over this dip at my house!

shredded chicken ( I use 2 of the big cans of tyson chicken found next to the canned tuna)

1 8 oz package cream cheese 

1 bag of shredded mozzarella cheese

1 bottle of franks red hot sauce

1 bottle of blue cheese salad dressing

You just throw it all together and heat in the oven until bubbly. Serve with tortilla chips. The recipie is really easy to alter to your liking, if its too spicy I add more blue cheese, not spicy enough I add more hot sauce. If you like extra thick dips franks sells a thick version of their sauce. Even the chicken, its personal preference how much you like in there :) You really can't mess this one up 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • So between pregnancy and a toddler and still working, i've gotten very lazy. My go to is actually a dip at Wegmans (if there's one nearby) that's asiago cheese and artichoke. Can be served hot or cold. May be related recipes online. And people only know it's store bought if you leave it in the original container :-) Yes, yes, I have become that lazy.

• I'm mobile so this isn't clicky but I am addicted to this garlic cheese dip.

https://www.thegalleygourmet.net/2012/06/homemadelightboursingarlicandherb.html?m=1

I usually double it and eat the whole batch in a couple days. It's soooooo good, check it out!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

<3 Mama to 2 girls - H&I <3
  • This is a sweet dip and it's not really "seasonal" right now, but every time I make this, people swarm and can't stop eating it, myself included. 

Pumpkin Pie Dip

Combine 1 c powdered sugar, 1 14 oz. can pureed pumpkin (NOT pumpkin pie filling), 1 c cream cheese, and 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice (or combine nutmeg, cinnamon, ginger, cloves to your liking). 

Good with pretzels and apple slices.  

Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

• imageshootthemoon:

This is a sweet dip and it's not really "seasonal" right now, but every time I make this, people swarm and can't stop eating it, myself included. 

Pumpkin Pie Dip

Combine 1 c powdered sugar, 1 14 oz. can pureed pumpkin (NOT pumpkin pie filling), 1 c cream cheese, and 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice (or combine nutmeg, cinnamon, ginger, cloves to your liking). 

OMG that sounds beyond amazing. I will have to save this for the fall!!

• Oh my goodness, I now want to EAT ALL THE DIPS!

EAT, ALL THE THINGS!

photo pooka_zpsc2aa61f3.jpg

• imagepiperjayne:

Oh my goodness, I now want to EAT ALL THE DIPS!

EAT, ALL THE THINGS!

Ha! Me too! They all sound so dang good I may have to make them all tonight and taste them all and then decide which one I want to make for Sunday :)

• I absolutely love this jalapeno popper dip. They taste just like jalapeno poppers and are usually a  big hit at parties

https://allrecipes.com/recipe/jalapeno-popper-spread/

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker}
  • imageshootthemoon:

This is a sweet dip and it's not really "seasonal" right now, but every time I make this, people swarm and can't stop eating it, myself included. 

Pumpkin Pie Dip

ive made this (or at least a healthy very similar one) its delicious! also good with grahm crackers 

• This is AMAZING with fruit or graham crackers

https://www.melskitchencafe.com/2012/08/brownie-batter-dip.html

Ezra James 08/22/2013  <3
    Nora Grace Due 12/26/2016  <3

Two Angel Babies 
    07/03/2012
    08/08/2015

"If you're still my small babe
    or you're all the way grown,
    my promise to you
    is you're never alone.
    You are my angel, my darling,
    my star...and my love will find you,
    wherever you are."
  • Any easy one to serve with fruit is marshmallow fluff mixed with strawberry cream cheese...mmmm
  • Crack dip referenced above using Frank's buffalo sauce is ALWAYS a winner.

A new one ive been making is artichoke dip:
    2 cans of chopped up artichoke hearts
    1 cup of mayo
    1 cup of shredded parm cheese
    2 cloves of minced or chopped garlic
    Mix and bake

To get extra crazy I add a few wedges of garlic herb baby bell cheese.
    photo crunchy_zps41233998.gifimagephoto crunchy_zps41233998.gif
    My baby is ONE!!

• imageVG101808:
    Crack dip referenced above using Frank's buffalo sauce is ALWAYS a winner.

A new one ive been making is artichoke dip:
    2 cans of chopped up artichoke hearts
    1 cup of mayo
    1 cup of shredded parm cheese
    2 cloves of minced or chopped garlic
    Mix and bake

To get extra crazy I add a few wedges of garlic herb baby bell cheese.

crack dip haha

• Now all I want for dinner is dip, yummmmm!!!

My favorite is:

2 cans refried beans

1 package cream cheese (8oz)

1 cup sour cream

1 pack taco seasoning

mexican blend cheese

Mix the first four ingredients, add the cheese to the top, then pop in a 350 degree oven for 25 min.

So good, I could seriously eat this every day!!

• imageTurtleMomma:
    My dad's awesome garlic dip:

Cream cheese
    Prepared beef bouillon [liquid]
    Garlic

Add the cream cheese and bouillon to the desired dip texture, then add the garlic to taste.

To increase garlic taste/potency, prepare it the night before, cover and store in the fridge. I love mine super potent, so for 2 blocks of cream cheese, I add 3/4 a head of garlic. DH's family LOVES it and begs me to bring it to all family gatherings, lol.

This sounds soooooooo good!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"