Baby Names

Coco

(I don't anticipate a warm response, but WTH...)

Thoughts on Coco? DH surprised me with being on board with this one, and I'm sort of obsessed with it right now.

The weird factor doesn't bother me; we have a Tallulah, so I'm already pretty used to the, "Wait, what'd you say her name was?" response.

I like it on its own, but I'll take suggestions for possible full names that allow for Coco as a NN.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Coco

• I think it works well with Tallulah. Not my favorite names, but I've seen worse.

I think anything that starts with Co- could have Coco as a NN. Corinne, Cora, Coraline, etc.

• That is so funny, I just saw a Glamour article with model Coca Rocha (not sure if spelling is right) and thought how cute a name it was.  I think it sounds awesome with Tallulah.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker}

• Loading the player...
  • imageJoy2611:

No... no, no.

Tallullah has charm.  Coco has cocoa puffs and chanel.

Is Chanel not charming? For shame! Wink

Cocoa Puffs (and all such manner of cocoa jokes) are just waiting to happen, though. You're right about that.

• imageJoy2611:
    imageScarlett&Gatsby:
    imageJoy2611:

No... no, no.

Tallullah has charm.  Coco has cocoa puffs and chanel.

Is Chanel not charming? For shame! Wink

Cocoa Puffs (and all such manner of cocoa jokes) are just waiting to happen, though. You're right about that.

Chanel is ... not my cup of tea, I suppose.  Ha.

Coco is also Courtney Cox and David Arquette's daughter.

Did you change your screen name??  I just realized that I "know" you but not your name.

Ha, yes I did. I was "alliejo." I kind of got turned off of TB for a while and deleted the account, but I missed discussing baby names so I came back.

• I totally suggested this to my H when I was pregant with DD.  It's so far from my typical style, but I can help but love this name.

I would try to come up with a more whimsical "Co" name

Cordelia

Coraline

Constance

Costanza

Coralie

Cosette

BFP 1- EDD 2/09/11 Missed MC DX @11 weeks D&C- 7/25/10 BFP 2- EDD 12/22/11 Natural MC @ 5w 2d BFP 3- EDD 1/25/12 DD Josephine born 1/16/12

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• I really like coco...as a nn. There are lots of great C names that I think would work great to get the nn coco. Coraline is beautiful and I think coco would work as a nn, but there's other options too.
  • imageHelenahhandbasket:

I totally suggested this to my H when I was pregant with DD.  It's so far from my typical style, but I can help but love this name.

Cordelia

Coraline

Constance

Costanza

Coralie

Cosette

We recently agreed on Constance, actually. I just hate that the natural NN for that is Connie. I know that as the parents, you kind of enforce the NN, but...having two kids, the most natural NN just comes. By #3, I'm pretty sure I'll be doing good just to call the right kid by the right name, much less enforce a NN.

• imageScarlett&Gatsby:
    imageHelenahhandbasket:

I totally suggested this to my H when I was pregant with DD.  It's so far from my typical style, but I can help but love this name.

Cordelia

Coraline

Constance

Costanza

Coralie

Cosette

We recently agreed on Constance, actually. I just hate that the natural NN for that is Connie. I know that as the parents, you kind of enforce the NN, but...having two kids, the most natural NN just comes. By #3, I'm pretty sure I'll be doing good just to call the right kid by the right name, much less enforce a NN.

Yeah-- I don't like Connie either, but we were total NN enforcers with DD and everyone has followed suit and calls her Josie instead of Joey or just Jo. I totally get the concern.

BFP 1- EDD 2/09/11 Missed MC DX @11 weeks D&C- 7/25/10 BFP 2- EDD 12/22/11 Natural MC @ 5w 2d BFP 3- EDD 1/25/12 DD Josephine born 1/16/12

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• TheWopTheWop member
    I don't mind it, especially as a nn.  We might use it as a nn for Colette. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • It's the name of a gorilla who knows sign language.
    image">

image"">
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
  • I actually like it. I think it's nice with Tallulah. I kind of prefer it as a NN... maybe for Nicolette or maybe Colette.

• imageSunshineMuffin:
    It's the name of a gorilla who knows sign language.

Meh. Famous animals are even lower on my radar than the Kardashians.

• I don't like Coco as a stand alone. Too much like cocoa. For a nickname it's cute. My daughter's name Chloe some of her friends started calling her Coco. I think it could be a nickname for almost any "C" name, particularly if it is co. My favorites: Cora, Cordelia, Corine, Cosette, Constance.
  • I think Mason Disick calls Khloe KoKo so maybe Chloe nn CoCo. Not that I advocate following in any Kardashian trend.
  • I think Tallulah and Coco are adorable

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
    N '13 November Siggy Challenge- Baby Pictures

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Like as in Ice loves Coco?

Tongue Tied

• First off, I love Coco. Love, love, love that name. That's my sister's nickname. I haven't met a Coco that isn't fierce and glam and funny and spectacular. Tallulah and Coco just sound like two broads who will can take on the world. As far as formal names that lend themselves to the nickname Coco, I'm thinking Charlotte? Then again, I'm thinking of all the Coco's I've ever heard of, and none of them have "real" names that lend themselves to the nickname Coco. I think Coco Chanel was really a Gabrielle. I say just go with Coco because it rocks.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageScarlett&Gatsby:

(I don't anticipate a warm response, but WTH...)

Ha!  I responded before reading through the entire thread, and you really called it.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imagedanab_sd:

Like as in Ice loves Coco?

Tongue Tied

Haha, no, as in Coco Chanel. I have to assume her association has more staying power than this person who (I assume?) is dating...Vanilla Ice? Ice Cube? Whoever. Or else my faith in humanity will be lost.

• Stripper and postitute name
    "Bedo" - Apr. 16, '13

#2 - EDD Nov.
    15, '14
    **RATE A NAME HERE!**
  • I actually think Monica, Tallulah and Coco are an awesome sibset!  I personally love Coco as a nn for Colette    but do think it can stand alone
  • As a nn it's adorable.  As a given name, it's really nms.

• BC&LMBC&LM member
    As in Ice Loves...? Sorry, I think it is awful!
  • bsinnobsinno member

Nono

I think Tallulah & Colette, nn Coco sound great though.  I just imagine "Coco Lastname" on a resume one day in the future and i cringe. 

• There were two Coco/Kokos in my high school. It didn't really occur to me that it was kind of a strange name until seeing people bash it on here. I guess I'm just used to it.

It was cute on them, but I would probably pick a formal name with Coco as a nickname. Like PP said, anything starting with Co would be fine. 

P.S. one of those girls' parents were famous, so it was kind of a celebrity baby name.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker someecards.com - Your personal anecdotal evidence is so much more relevant than this legitimate scientific study.
  • CMSAVCMSAV member
    I can't help but looove coco for some reason. but I do think the nice thing to do us make it a nn for a slightly more traditional name
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"