March 2012 Moms

How does your LO say "yes"?

Hi all,

I keep waiting for LO to respond with a nod or a "yes" when it comes to responding when I ask for something. But all I get is a giggle- that's his "yes". He does shake his head when doesnt want something. but just not for a yes. lol Please share how your LO communicates. TIA

Re: How does your LO say "yes"?

• "Des" or "ayeah"

Des is used a lot when I tell her "no." She'll say or screech "Des!"

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Married: 1/2008 ~ DD#1: 3/2012
    TTC #2: Started 4/2014       BFP 7/30/15   MC 8/3/15       BFP 9/4/2015   EDD 5/16/2016

• The whining stops. 

Seriously. DD has hardly any words.  

• Loading the player...
  • Vans18Vans18 member
    imageLilNunz1:

The whining stops. 

haha

• Vans18Vans18 member
    imageLilNunz1:

The whining stops. 

I'm sure they will expand their vocabulary soon. My LO has about 10 sounds down! lol

• DS says "uh-huh" and nods his head.  We're working on emphasizing the word yes.  
  • imageVans18:
    imageLilNunz1:

The whining stops. 

I'm sure they will expand their vocabulary soon. My LO has about 10 sounds down! lol

i hope!! 

• She shakes her head for "no" and thinks she nods her head for "yes" but she actually just opens and closes her mouth, hahaha. Or bends and straightens her knees a few times, is she's standing. So funny. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

• Vans18Vans18 member

imagejoyfullyfound:
    She shakes her head for "no" and thinks she nods her head for "yes" but she actually just opens and closes her mouth, hahaha. Or bends and straightens her knees a few times, is she's standing. So funny. 

So cute! haha

• imagejoyfullyfound:
    She shakes her head for "no" and thinks she nods her head for "yes" but she actually just opens and closes her mouth, hahaha. Or bends and straightens her knees a few times, is she's standing. So funny. 

Haha, too funny! Also, I love your siggy pic! Did you go camping?

DS nods his head mostly, sometimes says, "yeah!" when he's excited. He much prefers saying "no", haha.

• Dd just recently mastered the head nod for yes and no. It is super cute because she gets very enthusiastic sometimes... Especially when I ask if she wants dinner.
    image image

BFP #2 7/18/11 - EDD 3/29/12 - Born 3/13/12
    BFP #1 4/4/11 - Natural M/C - 7w1d - 4/30/11
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Vans18Vans18 member
    awww all of these stories are adorable! Can you all imagine a group picture of our LO's! haha sooo cute!
  • I get an occasional "ya" but more often "da," which I think he picked up from his Russian friend from daycare. Yesses are more of a treat, though. Mostly in our house "no" means yes and "NO WAY!" Is an emphatic no. I have no idea where "NO WAY" came from and I should probably stop laughing when he does it. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• DS just nods for "yes".
    One direction photo: One Direction gif onedirectiongifmacarenaey_zpsbdaf903f.gif
    DS born 3.12 
    DD born 7.14
  • nah82nah82 member
    My little guy doesn't talk a whole lot yet with big brother around doing so MUCH talking, but he does say "YEP!"
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"