January 2014 Moms

NT Scan No Doctor

I am scheduled to have my NT scan this Friday at 13 weeks, 2 days and was just told my doctor won't be in the office so I'll have another appointment Monday for a regulator checkup. Does this mean I won't know any odds/numbers until Monday now?  Just wondering in other peoples experiences whether it was the doctor or the nursing staff who gave you your information after the scan.  Thanks!!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: NT Scan No Doctor

• I did not have an appointment after my NT scan.  The nurse called me about a week later to tell me the results. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I did have an appointment with my doctor after but we didn't discuss the nt results. She said that she doesn't get them until the end of the day anyway.

The tech told me that everything looked great and about a week later we got the results over the phone from a nurse.

Missing Our July Sparkler
    BFP#1-11/12/12, MMC 1/16/13-baby stopped growing @ 9wks, found out at 13wks, D&E 1/25/13
    BFP#2-4/23/13 EDD-01/02/14 baby BOY born 12/31/13 Michael Cameron <3

• Loading the player...
  • I'm curious about this, too.  I have my NT scan tomorrow at one office, then I have an appointment with my OB at her office.  I had my A/S with DD at the same office where I'm getting my NT scan, and the ultrasound tech told me everything she was seeing while doing the A/S--I didn't have to wait until my next appointment with my OB.  I wonder if the same thing will happen tomorrow, or if they'll fax the results to my OB in time for her to talk to me tomorrow.

image   image   image

• JaneW2JaneW2 member

I was told AT the scan that the sonogram portion was normal, but that's because the doctor was there.  The sonogram technician who took the measurements could only tell me that the baby had 4 limbs, a heartbeat, and a skull.  

I got a call from a nurse a week later that the blood portion was normal.

• I just had mine this morning.  The doctor told me that the scan was fine and that I'll have the results of the blood work next week.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Sounds like each office does everything a little differently!  Thanks for all the input, I have a better idea of what to expect now. As usual I just need to relax and let the professionals do their thing!
  • I had my nt scan about two weeks ago and I go in on Tuesday to go over it. It has been a long two weeks but the tech told me she thought things looked pretty good.
    ____________________________________________________________________________
                          My sweet Rylee girl 8-13-2007 and my sweet Emmett man 4-13-2010
                               Annaleigh Willow Elise born and passed at 26 weeks 1 day
                                      Thursday October 17th 2013 from trisomy 13
                                           Http://Alwaysannaleigh.WordPress.com

• I got the results from the perinatologist (not my regular OB) who performed my NT scan.  
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    BFP #1 3/27/10 - mmc discovered 5/20/10 at 11w2d - d&c 5/21/10
    BFP #2 11/6/10 - EDD 7/19/11 - Beta #1 @ 13dpo, 104 - Beta #2 @ 20dpo, 3400s
    BFP #3 4/24/13 - EDD 1/8/14 - Beta #1 @ ?, 33 - Beta #2 @ 4 days later, 260
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • My doctor didn't perform either of my NT scans personally. For my DS my scan was done at a MFM office, and for this baby the only person in the room (besides DH and I) was the u/s tech. In both cases I was able to learn that the measurements looked good during the scan, but it took a few days for the blood work to come back since they had to be sent to an outside lab. Had there been a problem the office would have called with results, but everything was fine so I just got them at my regular OB appointment.
    OHM born 12/16/11, BAM born 1/10/14, mmc 06/30/15
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"