February 2013 Moms

Longer naps... finally!

For what seemed like the longest time, baby boy was only napping for exactly 45 minutes. It was like clockwork. We would joke that we could set our watches by his naps. It was so annoying because 45 minutes is not enough time to get anything done or take a nice nap myself. 

But finally, he is (fairly) consistently taking one or two 1.5 hour naps and one 45 minute nap, and it feels glorious! 

I didn't do anything differently to get him this way, which only reinforces my belief that babies will do what they need to do when they need to do it.  

Re: Longer naps... finally!

• Congrats, and I am jealous, lol. We're still at 4 thirty minute cat naps, and I am so ready to get down to two long ones or two longer ones and a cat nap. I go back to work in a month and it would be great to have him on some sort of more established routine.
  • imagemusicalmama5:

For what seemed like the longest time, baby boy was only napping for exactly 45 minutes. It was like clockwork. We would joke that we could set our watches by his naps. It was so annoying because 45 minutes is not enough time to get anything done or take a nice nap myself. 

But finally, he is (fairly) consistently taking one or two 1.5 hour naps and one 45 minute nap, and it feels glorious! 

I didn't do anything differently to get him this way, which only reinforces my belief that babies will do what they need to do when they need to do it.  

Yay! Thank you for sharing such a hopeful experience! My DS is the same way with the 45 minute naps. For so long I had been beating my head against the wall trying to make them longer. I gave up, hoping that he'll just figure it out one day so ::fingers crossed::! :P

How old is your little guy? 

View Full Size Image    View Full Size Image

• Loading the player...
  • We also take 4 30 min naps. The last two days he took a 2 hour nap in the afternoon. I thought that we might have crossed the bridge. What does he do today????? Take his normal 30 min Naps....sigh.
  • Soo jealous! Good for you and LO! : My LO is 5 mos and has about 4 cat naps a day...each 30 mins long...on the dot...30 mins. She'll nap longer if we cuddle when mommy needs a nap too. So annoying ; Can't wait for the day that she consolidates and naps for longer on her own.

• Same thing happened here. He takes 1 long nap and two shorties. However, he randomly regresses back to 45 min.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Our Sweet Boy "LJ"
  • The same thing happened to us- right around 4 1/2 mos too! Out of nowhere the 20-45 min naps lengthened to 1- 1 1/2 hours. We did nothing different. Crazy.
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"