December 2013 Moms

Ugh, did I jinx it already?

Less than two hours ago I publicly said that after a history of loss, I finally feel confident that this little boy is here to stay....

My OB's office just called to let me know that the final report from the AS came in and they need to do a repeat because "the little guy's leg is measuring behind." I asked if it was just one or both legs that were measuring behind, but the poor nurse on the phone didn't know. I keep reminding myself of the positives (his heart, brain, kidneys, etc all look ok), but seriously, the timing is making the small part of my brain that's superstitious say "I told you so."

Far more likely, the legs are measuring short because DH is only 5'4", but still... I'll be much more relaxed after the repeat US on 7/31. Grumble.

Re: Ugh, did I jinx it already?

• Oh no. Well, you'll have a slew of Dec 13 moms sending good thoughts & wishes your way. Hopefully it's nothing and your baby boy checks out okay at the next appt. I don't think you jinxed anything; sometimes doctors find something and it turns out to be nothing. Keep thinking positive!
  • oh man, sorry to hear that. like you said, everything else looked normal, so hopefully this isn't a big deal.

Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker

image image

• Loading the player...
  • KateVAKateVA member
    It could easily be a measurement error. And i love you screen name btw
  • Stay strong, I'm sure everything will be just fine. DH and I are short too so I wouldn't be surprised if our baby has small legs. Will keep you in my thoughts!!
    Welcome Lily Anna!
    photo 1456712_10152106342897743_1211250038_nTB_zps917a6c9a.jpg
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am sure everything is ok! My friend's baby's arms and legs measured short/small the entire pregnancy, and everything turned out to be perfectly normal. You're in my thoughts!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • No I'm sure your didn't jinx yourself! But I would be feeling the same, so I hear ya. I'm sure everything will be fine, I will be thinking about you!

My sweet girl Lilijana Jane 12/16/13
    View Full Size Image 
  • imagepeitri:
    Oh no. Well, you'll have a slew of Dec 13 moms sending good thoughts & wishes your way. Hopefully it's nothing and your baby boy checks out okay at the next appt. I don't think you jinxed anything; sometimes doctors find something and it turns out to be nothing. Keep thinking positive!

thanks everyone. I just hope that IF the measurements are accurate, that BOTH legs measure short, not just one.  Short, but symmetrical legs will be much easier when learning to walk and much less likely to require a corrective lift boot like my grandma after a botched hip replacement left her with legs of different lengths.

• MEP923MEP923 member
    Sending you good thoughts. It may just be that they measured it wrong.

imageimage

• SoMoNYSoMoNY member

Relax and breathe, measuring behind isn't always a sign of something terrible.

At 20 weeks we learned DS was measuring behind and while he was born at 34 weeks because of IUGR and pre-eclampsia he was still 100% healthy and today is a perfect 3.5 year old with the energy of 100 kids.  And he's in 50th percentile for height and weight!

• sending you positive vibes. 

My husband is also only 5'4.  My little boy is 2 1/2 now and I ended up delivering him early because they were worried that his head measured in the 25% and his body was in the less than 2%.  He is still proportioned that way today.  They told me he might have all sorts of problems.  He is perfectly healthy and fine.  Your little one is probably always going to be on the small side, but who cares--- enjoy it, think how much better it is to be carrying around a light-weight 2 year old than some of my friends who have 40 pound 2 year olds!  Lucky us!!!

• I bet it's a measurement error. I had my AS last week and the tech had to measure his right arm a couple of times because it kept coming back a week behind the left arm. But once she found the right angle it measured right on track. Good Luck and please keep us updated.
    Logan Alexander born May 9th 2011. He has stolen my heart forever. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BFP #2 05/24/12 EDD 01/31/13 D&C 06/26/12 Missing you. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Diagnosed with Ashermans 11/06/12 Surgery 01/18/13, Cleared for TTC 03/01/13 BFP 03/26/13 IT'S A BOY! Please Be Our Rainbow! BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm sure everything is ok! At this point our LOs are growing at all different rates, so hopefully nothing is wrong. Thoughts and prayers your way that everything is just fine. 
  • imageMEP923:
    Sending you good thoughts. It may just be that they measured it wrong.

That's what I hope too! They don't seem too concerned about it especially since they scheduled it for so far out! FX for you :)

View Full Size Image 
    View Full Size Image View Full Size Image  View Full Size Image

• I hope your repeat u/s goes well and that the measurements don't come as a concern again.  Sending positive thoughts and prayers your way. 
    imageimageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"