Attachment Parenting

Happy to be AP

I just wanted to sassy how happy I am with this type of parenting style. I had no idea of what kind of parent I would be and was surprised by how much her bring upset affected me and changed how I parent. I now wear her all over the place, EBF, use touch and closeness whenever I can, baby massage, and managed to transfer her to the crib for sleep with no major training or tears. If you had told me that I would end up being more of an attachment parent I would have laughed but it has felt so natural and loving. Just wanted to say that I am glad to have found this board because it have me the confidence to do what my gut told me was right.
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Happy to be AP

• I'm the same. If you told me I'd be a bedsharing, extended BF, babywearing Mum I would have told you you were out of your mind, and that babies just needed to put on a routine and made to fit into your life. I laugh at myself now.
    Elizabeth 5yrs old Jane 3yrs old

• Same here! I read Babywise while I was pregnant and thought I'd have him on a schedule by 12 weeks. LOL! 

Now I realize that a schedule would actually tie me down so much more, and it's way easier to just wear him if we're out and he needs to sleep. I cringe at the thought of sleep-training since I just can't stand to hear him cry, and I plan to let him wean himself.

My, how things change when the little person arrives. :) 

• Loading the player...
  • This post makes my heart happy!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageKateLouise:
    I'm the same. If you told me I'd be a bedsharing, extended BF, babywearing Mum I would have told you you were out of your mind, and that babies just needed to put on a routine and made to fit into your life. I laugh at myself now.

Me, too, exactly! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • fryratfryrat member

Yes!! When I got a SSC as a gift, I was like, "I'll never use this thing," but now I can't live without it, and DD can sleep there or anywhere. She knows she is loved and her needs will be met, and that has been HUGE!!

I'm so glad to see you are happy with the path your gut has led you down.

For my little man...I only knew you in my heart. D&C 3/1/11 EDD 9/8/11 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Great to hear.  Keep in mind when people question or seem judgey towards your parenting style it may be because they don't understand it or they aren't sure of their own.  My MIL claims to be old school, would tell me babies need to CIO and sleep in their own rooms so parents can get their rest. She even bought me the Dr. Spock parenting book (UGH!).  Then later my FIL mentioned when DH was 2-4 yrs old he would hog the bed.  Hmmmm.... so they were actually bedsharers! ; )

• This is the same with me... I kind of 'fell' into this style... I would have never knew that I would be a AP parent. I was always kind of 'hippy' before, but not to the point that I would bring it into my parenting style... I remember when I first announce I was pregnant and my DH's cousin was telling about this traumatic horrible birth that her son was... Why tell a recently pregnant first time mother about your traumatic birth I don't know... It scared the crap out of me and I went home that night determine not to have this type of birth and soon did I realize that to try to minimize my risk is to have a natural birth... I think found cloth diapering here on TB and then babywearing when I was at a wedding with a mama who also CD... which I found to be so exciting because CD is kind of unheard of in the area. I then connected to other local AP moms... I never thought I would be here EBF, CD, Bed sharing and Babywearing.
    Nickie
    Proud Cloth Diapering, Babywearing Mommy to Desmond (5.30.2011) and Evangeline (2.26.2014)
    Loving wife, best friend and teammate to Babywearing Daddy, Kelly (7.27.2000)

Volunteer Babywearing Educator at Babywearing International of South Central Pennsylvania 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"