Breastfeeding

may be introducing formula- brand recomendations?

Ill be going back to work in September and I many need to start introducing formula.  Any suggestions on brands? 

Re: may be introducing formula- brand recomendations?

• When I switched to all formula for my first, her pedi recommended Good Start.  I had been supplementing with Enfamil, and we saw a huge improvement when we went to Good Start. 
    "Little seahorse/Floating on a primal tide/Quickening like a/Spark in a haystack side/I already love you/And I don't even know who you are" -Bruce Cockburn BabyFetus TickerLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BOOKWORMS and BUTTERFLIES
  • Unless you're unable to pump at work, I wouldn't worry too much yet about planning on formula. You still have a bit of time to build a stash before September. Do you have a pump and a stash started?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I have to supplement about 30 percent and my LO tolerates Good Start soothe best. I would prefer to use Earth's Best organic, but he throws it up.

Anniversary

• See my comment in the formula post above ;) 
  • imagetheresat858:

imagehonkytonk_kid:
    Unless you're unable to pump at work, I wouldn't worry too much yet about planning on formula. You still have a bit of time to build a stash before September. Do you have a pump and a stash started?

This... and you don't even need much of a stash, just enough for your first day back. Then you'll pump at work to replace feedings.

Not everyone is able to pump enough at work. I know you didn't mean anything by it, but comments like this are very discouraging to those of us who can't pump enough despite trying all the "tricks."

OP, my daughter gets 1 to 2 bottles of formula a day. We use Target's version of Similac Advanced and have had no problems. Good luck with whatever route you choose.
    Married 6/4/11
    Reese born 3/23/13
    Due 9/14/16

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagercantor:
    imagetheresat858:

imagehonkytonk_kid:
    Unless you're unable to pump at work, I wouldn't worry too much yet about planning on formula. You still have a bit of time to build a stash before September. Do you have a pump and a stash started?

This... and you don't even need much of a stash, just enough for your first day back. Then you'll pump at work to replace feedings.

Not everyone is able to pump enough at work. I know you didn't mean anything by it, but comments like this are very discouraging to those of us who can't pump enough despite trying all the "tricks."

OP, my daughter gets 1 to 2 bottles of formula a day. We use Target's version of Similac Advanced and have had no problems. Good luck with whatever route you choose.

That's why I asked for additional info. Why worry about supplementing if you don't have to? She didn't say she was having pumping issues, it would be a stretch to assume as much.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagercantor:
    imagetheresat858:

imagehonkytonk_kid:

That's why I asked for additional info. Why worry about supplementing if you don't have to? She didn't say she was having pumping issues, it would be a stretch to assume as much.

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"