December 2013 Moms

This is probably flameful, but oh well

After putting away all of my prebaby "skinny" clothes , I now am starting a piggy bank for new boobs and a personal trainer post 2nd child.

Unpacking bikinis from before seems like cruel and unusual punishment while pregnant.

I love my son and this little cheeto growing in my belly, but it would be really nice to get my body back after. Guess I'm selfish like that.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: This is probably flameful, but oh well

• Honestly, I am already pricing out treadmills for our new house, because the second I get my 6 week OK to start exercising, I am ON IT.  Also, I never believed in plastic surgery before, but after I stopped BFing my son, I told DH I totally see the reason people get a boob lift.  Before I got pg again, these ladies were hanging halfway to my belly button.  Ugh.

As you said--I love my son (and this new babe) to death, and would do anything for them.  But that doesn't mean it's easy to deal with the physical changes sometimes! 

-DS #1 due 7/1/11, born 7/7/11
    -m/c Feb 2013 at 4w6d
    -DS #2 due 12/24/13, born 12/11/13
  • eh, i'm totally getting my boobs lifted after we're done having kids. i have no shame in that.

and i keep thinking that i'm glad i'm having a winter baby so i have 6 solid months (at least) to get back into shape for summer. i don't mind being vain right now lol! 

my read shelf:
    Ashley 's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I plan to get breast implants in a few years. It will be my present to myself when I reach my goal weight. I don't think there is any shame in plastic surgery unless you are a plastic surgery addict.
  • As long as my LOs have what they need and have the extra money. I want a tummy tuck to get rid of loose skin from my DD. I might go for boob job too.
  • SoMoNYSoMoNY member

Boob job and tummy tuck are a no-brainer once we are done having kids.

No need or desire to look like grandma this early in life

• No flames from me. I'm thinking about getting a personal trainer for at least 6 weeks after LO is born and I can start exercising. I also want to meet with a nutritionist. As far as the boobs...DH and I had discussed the idea of me getting at least a lift after we're done with kids before we even actually started planning them, so I'll probably get one.

photo b1f62123-e338-48e2-a2d8-373638902d4d.jpg 

• I think this is more popular than you think, op!

I discussed this with DH before we even had kids, and he was totally okay with it (lol).  I will see how I am after we are done, but there is no shame from me! I will be getting either a boob lift or implants if necessary. Not sure about the tummy tuck yet. I have a few stretch marks, but not a ton.  I also didn't loose all the weight from DS before I got pregnant with this little one, so it will all depend on how I feel in the end.

Do what makes you happy! As long as your kids don't suffer at the expense of it all, I see no issue with it.

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I don't think it's flameful at all.  I have every intention of getting a breast lift, and maybe an augmentation too, when I'm done breastfeeding. 

SIL had a tummy tuck while still under anesthesia for her C-section. She had just delivered twins and it was her final pregnancy, so why not?

I see no problem with plastic surgery in moderation.

imageimageimageimage
  • I have had a post pregnancy stretched out body since I was a teenager from gaining and losing weight so often. My boobs have now gone out of control, and I have no doubt there is a reduction in my future. I am just way too uncomfortable.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Expecting our first, baby BOY, 12/12/13
  • imagesuperspecialsnowflake:

I'm actually kind of surprised at the abundance of women who plan on getting plastic surgery done.  I've never considered it, only for reasons of cost!

How much is a lift or a boob job going for these days?  I'm correct that insurance doesn't cover it, yes?

Some will, based on a checklist/score system of medical reasons. It ends up being a breast volume vs body weight/size issue. If I'm able to get down to a reasonable weight vs the huge volume my breasts will be, combined with past back surgery and degenerative discs, I could possibly qualify. So many variables. 

BabyFruit Ticker
    Expecting our first, baby BOY, 12/12/13
  • I'm gonna do a belly cast of just my boobs right now and bring them to a cosmetic surgeon after pregnancy! I seriously have never loved my boobs like I do right now! And as soon as I get clearance from my Dr my assss is going back to CrossFit FULL TIME! My mom doesn't work and she already said she'd come watch the baby while I workout!
  • esf60esf60 member

imageNY Mama:
    I plan to get breast implants in a few years. It will be my present to myself when I reach my goal weight. I don't think there is any shame in plastic surgery unless you are a plastic surgery addict.

Oh, this. Actually, I'm more planning on a breast lift + tummy tuck combo.

No flames from me either. Husband and I have already discussed it. No shame.

• Not selfish at all! I look at my cute tiny bikinis and it motivates me after baby to get fit again. Keep baby healthy and yourself healthy. I'm with you on the boob job too. Definitely going to need a lift.
    Welcome Lily Anna!
    photo 1456712_10152106342897743_1211250038_nTB_zps917a6c9a.jpg
  • I've honestly never thought of getting a tummy tick or breast lift but I'm a FTM. I'd like a few kids so maybe after all of them my body will look like a hot mess and I'll want it. I'm totally not opposed to it and would consider it!

Oh AND!! I'm definitely on it once I can work out again! I already am a yoga instructor so that will help but I'm doing Shred415. If anyone has ever heard of it, it's a killer workout and they have a 3 month shred the baby weight deal!

My sweet girl Lilijana Jane 12/16/13
    View Full Size Image 
  • KateVAKateVA member

I'd never do it but no judgement. My boobs are small so they haven't been as affecte by pregnancy/nursing. I know several women who have had either reductions or boob jobs. Just be clear about what you want (two ended up much bigger than they asked for) and have a lot of help around during the recovery. Its major surgery and you can't lift your own kids for at least a week 

• imagesuperspecialsnowflake:

How much is a lift or a boob job going for these days?  I'm correct that insurance doesn't cover it, yes?

I think it depends on whether you want to go over or under the muscle, and whether you choose saline or silicone.  Where you choose your incision has something to do with it too, I think.  Anyhow, it's generally between $5-7K.

My sister used to work for a software company called "Breast Express" (how funny is that name) that could show you what you would look like post-op from any cosmetic procedure. They gave her free implants if she agreed to be a before and after model.

imageimageimageimage
  • I was a 32 DDD before pregnancy, and I'm now a 34 H.  Which, HELLO, I didn't even know was a size.  I could not possibly empathize with body image/adjustment issues more.  You do you, girl.

Anybody else having vein issues?  I'm an exerciser and so I was suuuuuper annoyed when spider veins decided to pop up on the backs of my legs (but honestly, I'm not too surprised, I'm super fair and my veins are close to the surface of my skin).  So that's priority one, post-baby, but we'll see how everything else does/does not fall back into place. 

Lilypie - (V9Ze)
  • I've got a gym membership right now - so I can at least treadmill walk for now. I'm trying not to let me weight gain get too out of control (I'm plus sized to begin with, so the doctor has totally advised this as okay if I lose the extra weight I already have). Also, I can start doing the real exercising after birth for some "me" time which will be nice that I'm already warmed up from the walking. Better than not exercising for 9 months and then trying to jump straight into the "getting my body back" work outs. Haha.

pregnancy week by week

Single Momma - 20 years old
    Waiting on baby number one:

EDD: 05/08/12 | Completed miscarriage 9/6/12
    EDD: 12/12/13 | Waiting and praying for my LO
    Elias Daniel<3

• No flaming here. I'm already looking for a new gym that has babysitting hours so I can get back to my routine after this LO is born. When we're done having kids I plan to have the boobs lifted. 

And THANK GOD I'll have 6 months before I need to get back into a bikini!  

• imageGapeach83:
    As long as my LOs have what they need and have the extra money. I want a tummy tuck to get rid of loose skin from my DD. I might go for boob job too.

Agreed. After having DS, I lost all my baby weight but I had some loose skin on my stomach.  

View Full Size Image 
    View Full Size Image View Full Size Image  View Full Size Image

• care99care99 member
    I go from an A pre-preggo to an E breastfeeding.  This is our 3rd and final and I may get some sort of lift.  I'd do a tummy tuck too.  After losing the baby weight, I still have stretched skin.  
  • ChiAmyChiAmy member
    Not flame worthy at all.  I am going to start weight watchers January 1st and get back into running as soon as I can. 

• imagesameoldash:

eh, i'm totally getting my boobs lifted after we're done having kids. i have no shame in that.

and i keep thinking that i'm glad i'm having a winter baby so i have 6 solid months (at least) to get back into shape for summer. i don't mind being vain right now lol! 

Yes and yes. : ) 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageleahraewku:

I don't think it's flameful at all.  I have every intention of getting a breast lift, and maybe an augmentation too, when I'm done breastfeeding. 

SIL had a tummy tuck while still under anesthesia for her C-section. She had just delivered twins and it was her final pregnancy, so why not?

Since I'm going in for a scheduled c section I am so very interested in this but I don't think this is legal? I did some research and most docs will not touch your because your skin or muscle is fragile from the pregnancy. Do you know how she got this approved?

Logan Alexander born May 9th 2011. He has stolen my heart forever. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BFP #2 05/24/12 EDD 01/31/13 D&C 06/26/12 Missing you. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Diagnosed with Ashermans 11/06/12 Surgery 01/18/13, Cleared for TTC 03/01/13 BFP 03/26/13 IT'S A BOY! Please Be Our Rainbow! BabyFruit Ticker
  • No flames but no desire to follow the plastic surgery path either.  Maybe I am an odd case, but I felt so much better about my body after children than before. And I think if an average stranger were to compare my pre-kid body with my post-kid body, they'd probably say the pre-kid was better.   My boobs were never that great to begin with and I always thought my frame was boy-ish.  Since having kids, I am much more accepting of my figure because I'm so dang impressed with what it's done to bring these beautiful kids into the world.  I also worked my tush off literally to get back into shape, so I did work to get back to a body I felt good in.  But as far as the looser skin around my tummy and the softer, less perky breasts...I don't want to change that surgically.
    Our family is complete!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • jy725jy725 member
    I plan to start running as soon as I can! I'll see about the boobs after BF.
  • Yes to the vein issue! I got spider/varicose veins with #2 and one didn't fully go away. Now I have three painful ones on my calf! I will need to see someone about those if they don't go away. Most of the time they will go away after pregnancy, but one of mine did not and it hurts.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have briefly considered breast augmentation and a tummy tuck, but I have a lot of guilt and feelings of self-indulgence associated with that. I guess I would rather work on my own body as much as I can post-partum, and save the money for our kids. I may feel differently in the future once I already give birth to all of my kids.
    Me: 28 DH: 33 TTC since February 2012, married September 2012 DX with Hypothalamic Amenorrhea 2/2013, HSG clear, Bloodwork good, SA great! Started seeing RE February 2013
      imageimageimage
  • I had a breast augmentation 2 years ago. Insurance, unfortunately, does not cover any and t was 4600.00..nt including about 10 different prescriptions you have to get filled. I will not be putting myself through that again.
  • imageNJMom050911:
    imageleahraewku:

I don't think it's flameful at all.  I have every intention of getting a breast lift, and maybe an augmentation too, when I'm done breastfeeding. 

Since I'm going in for a scheduled c section I am so very interested in this but I don't think this is legal? I did some research and most docs will not touch your because your skin or muscle is fragile from the pregnancy. Do you know how she got this approved?

TBH, I'm not entirely sure. The twins are 12 now, so it could just be that medical standards have changed since she had it done. I'd be happy to ask her though!

imageimageimageimage
  • My boobs aren't huge and luckily they weren't affected after DS.  I'm hoping they will still be okay looking after this one too.  However, I already told DH that I will be getting work done on my belly button after I'm all done having kids.  I took out my belly button piercing early in my last pregnancy and it still looks weird.  There's a skin bridge from the hole that is NOT attractive.  I will never wear a bikini because of it, no matter how in shape I can get myself.  Therefore I want it fixed.  From what I hear, it's not overly expensive and it will go a long ways to make me feel better about myself. 

• Put me down for a boob lift, tummy tuck, and NIPPLE REDUCTION.  I swear, the size of my areola's are INSANE and, quite frankly, embarrassing.
    Married: 6/16/12
    CP: 01/2011 |  MMC: 01/2012  |  MMC: 10/2012  |  DS: 11/2013  |  MMC: 11/2014  |  DD: 01/2016
    BFP: 06/2018 - EDD: 02/09/2019
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"