Cloth Diapering

BestBottoms users

I just figured out that ds2 has outgrown the prefolds that I have, so now I'm trying to decide if I get a few more BB inserts or if I actually have enough already.

I have 4 BB Covers, 1 SoftBums Omni, and 1 regular OS cover that the BB inserts can sit in and 9-12 medium inserts currently.  How many inserts are needed to cd an 11.5lb 4month old?

FWIW, I do have 4 pockets that I am saving for when he returns to daycare as spares incase I run out of inserts.

YBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I'm a fan of The Cloth Diaper Tech Support group on Facebook

Re: BestBottoms users

• Well they recommend you have three inserts per shell.  So you would need at least 12 inserts for just your BB, if you're using the inserts with your other  covers then you would need at least 18.  I'd probably want 24 to be safe. 

EDIT:  Ugh my keys are sticking!  

Asher Benjamin and Lola Aisling

Infertility
    PCOS, Progesterone Deficiency Disorder, Multiple Miscarriage
    Clomid, Metformin, Ovadril, PIO, P17 Iron/Platlet Tranfusion

My Spring Babies! 
    <3 Angel Baby   Elisabeth Adelle  April 2008 <3
    Asher Benjamin  April 2010
    Lola Aisling  May 2014
  • CLLDLLCLLDLL member

Somewhere in the 4 month range is when LO stopped pooping all.the.time.  When we started solids at 6 months his poop got thicker and he started going at a about the same time of day every day.  At that point we went to doing around 7-9 diaper changes a day, using two covers plus an ON diaper.  So if you want to wash every day you have the perfect number of inserts.  If you want to wash EOD day I'd aim for around 18 inserts plus your 6 covers and you'll want 3-4 of whatever your ON solution is.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

image imageimageimage

• Loading the player...
  • imageCLLDLL:
    Somewhere in the 4 month range is when LO stopped pooping all.the.time.nbsp; When we started solids at 6 months his poop got thicker andnbsp;he started going at anbsp;about the same time of day every day. nbsp;At that point we went to doing around 79 diaper changes a day, using two coversnbsp;plus an ON diaper.nbsp; So if you want to wash every day you have the perfect number of inserts.nbsp; If you want to wash EOD day I'd aim for around 18 inserts plus your 6 covers and you'll want 34 of whatever your ON solution is. nbsp;

I honestly am not sure what I will need to do for overnight with ds. So far he has not been a heavy wetter. I put him down in a BB with just the medium stay dry insert and the back edge is still dry. I am sure that will change as he gets bigger.

• imagePipSqueak0313:
    imageCLLDLL:
    Somewhere in the 4 month range is when LO stopped pooping all.the.time.nbsp; When we started solids at 6 months his poop got thicker andnbsp;he started going at anbsp;about the same time of day every day. nbsp;At that point we went to doing around 79 diaper changes a day, using two coversnbsp;plus an ON diaper.nbsp; So if you want to wash every day you have the perfect number of inserts.nbsp; If you want to wash EOD day I'd aim for around 18 inserts plus your 6 covers and you'll want 34 of whatever your ON solution is. nbsp;
    I honestly am not sure what I will need to do for overnight with ds. So far he has not been a heavy wetter. I put him down in a BB with just the medium stay dry insert and the back edge is still dry. I am sure that will change as he gets bigger.

Wow, that is kinda awesome

Asher Benjamin and Lola Aisling

Infertility
    PCOS, Progesterone Deficiency Disorder, Multiple Miscarriage
    Clomid, Metformin, Ovadril, PIO, P17 Iron/Platlet Tranfusion

My Spring Babies! 
    <3 Angel Baby   Elisabeth Adelle  April 2008 <3
    Asher Benjamin  April 2010
    Lola Aisling  May 2014
  • CLLDLLCLLDLL member
    imageABColeslaw:

imagePipSqueak0313:
    imageCLLDLL:

Wow, that is kinda awesome

Awesome is right.  4-6 months was the worst time for us. He actually wets a little less now than he did back then.

image imageimageimage

• imageChickypoo2468:
    You can also use your PFs trifolded as back ups. I love these covers, and all I use are PFs

Unfortunately, the PF's I have are the newborn sized and my first clue that he had outgrown them was he was leaking through them trifolded in the Thirsties Duo size 1 and small Bummis covers.  (all bought when he was less than 1 month old)

Though, I suppose it wouldn't hurt to consider buying some larger PF since they do have some advantages.

• I'd get another dozen inserts. But as pp have mentioned you could also just use trifolded prefolds. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"