May 2013 Moms

Dr Sears Vaccine schedule

Title for those on mobile

Dr sears vaccine schedule.

I am considering this for my LO. I feel it's better to spread them out as opposed to giving them so many at a time. Is anyone else doing this as well?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Dr Sears Vaccine schedule

• kmcd23kmcd23 member
    I considered it, especially since H has had some strong reactions to vaccines and wasn't sure if that would be hereditary. But after discussing with the pedi, we decided to go CDC.
  • We will be splitting her vaccines but split a little differently based on ped's advce at least in the beginning anyway. Our Ped recommends no splitting but will honor our request. What they won't honor is parents who choose to skip vaccines all together.
    We'll revisit the topic a little later.

• Loading the player...
  • I will modify and delay based on his book, but not necessarily take his recommendations.
  • We went with CDC recommendations.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    TTC #2:
    March - May 2014 - Natural cycles - no luck
    June 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    July 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    August 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    September 2014 - Clomid 50mg - Fingers crossed...

• imagegmorel:
    We will be splitting her vaccines but split a little differently based on ped's advce at least in the beginning anyway. Our Ped recommends no splitting but will honor our request. What they won't honor is parents who choose to skip vaccines all together.
    We'll revisit the topic a little later.

This, more or less.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I trust my pediatrician and the CDC to make a smart recommendation for my children. I didn't delay anything with my first child and I won't be delaying with this baby either. Everything has turned out just fine. I don't understand why people would want to delay, at all. It's just more pokes for your baby and more trips to a germy pediatrician office, not to mention, just another thing to keep track of and not screw up. But to each their own I guess...
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • LN1024LN1024 member

imagesnowgirl427:
    We went with CDC recommendations.

Us too.  

• We'll go with CDC recommendations as I couldn't find any any widespread studies showing benefits of delaying, where there tons of studies showing the CDC schedule is safe. I want my baby protected as soon as possible, especially given how much travel she will be doing late summer and fall.

My little bug, Madeline. Born June 2, 2013.

• This is one of those things for which I will go with the pediatrician's suggestion.
    CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers CafeMom Tickers
    O14 January Signature Challenge: Snow Fails
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imagemommatotwo2:
    I trust my pediatrician and the CDC to make a smart recommendation for my children. I didn't delay anything with my first child and I won't be delaying with this baby either. Everything has turned out just fine. I don't understand why people would want to delay, at all. It's just more pokes for your baby and more trips to a germy pediatrician office, not to mention, just another thing to keep track of and not screw up. But to each their own I guess...

Exactly!
  • RoxZ32RoxZ32 member
    I will give my baby girl all the recommended vaccinations but I won't give more than 2 in one visit. She only has two legs so she's only getting 2 shots! Her 2 month appointment was for 3 shots and an oral drop. I gave her the oral and one vaccination and will be returning in 3 to 4 weeks for the remaining two. By the time we go back for her 4 month check up she will be caught up. I feel bad taking her once a month to get poked but I feel more comfortable not poking her numerous times at once. My pediatricians office has been super supportive of my personal decisions. Do what feels right for you and your baby.

• Delaying vaccines does not put your child at a higher risk. Trust your gut and do whatever feels best for you and your family.
    Dr Sears has multiple vaccine schedules. I am choosing to only do 2 vaccines at a time due to the amount of alluminum in each vaccine and the fact that there has not been one study on infants and the breakdown of aluminum in their bodies. They have however studied the effects on infants and aluminum through IV and it has been known to cause neurological effects. Which is why they must put a warning label on the IV fluid.
    If anyone is interested I can get links to different studies.
  • RoxZ32RoxZ32 member
    imagerusso546:
    Delaying vaccines does not put your child at a higher risk. Trust your gut and do whatever feels best for you and your family.
    Dr Sears has multiple vaccine schedules. I am choosing to only do 2 vaccines at a time due to the amount of alluminum in each vaccine and the fact that there has not been one study on infants and the breakdown of aluminum in their bodies. They have however studied the effects on infants and aluminum through IV and it has been known to cause neurological effects. Which is why they must put a warning label on the IV fluid.
    If anyone is interested I can get links to different studies.

I'm very interested in this. Any links would be greatly appreciated. I'd like to read about it.

• Doing what "feels" best when it comes to your LO's health is stupid. Do what is shown to be best and supported by scientific evidence. Believe me it will feel like hell when your kid has meningitis from the measles virus and is neurologically devastated.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

photo f2800575-8c12-4491-8194-153c04d585b8_zps49b02af4.jpg
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • imagenola78:
    imagemommatotwo2:
    I trust my pediatrician and the CDC to make a smart recommendation for my children. I didn't delay anything with my first child and I won't be delaying with this baby either. Everything has turned out just fine. I don't understand why people would want to delay, at all. It's just more pokes for your baby and more trips to a germy pediatrician office, not to mention, just another thing to keep track of and not screw up. But to each their own I guess...
    This. Delaying puts your child at higher risk. There is no reason to delay.

This, LO got his yesterday and he is fine. Dont overthink it.  

photo siggy_zpsf288824b.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I personally prefer Dr. McCarthy's scientific research and suggested schedule
  • Do you have any evidence of this? The first vaccine given (even if you delay) is the DTaP. Not sure where you received this info?
  • sure. Here is a link to the FDA  and specifically a document about maximum allowable amounts and the warning labels

https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/scripts/cdrh/cfdocs/cfCFR/CFRSearch.cfm?fr=201.323

If you go to www.fda.gov and search aluminum toxicity you can find many different documents. Sorry I cant link more at this time. My baby is waking from a nap. I do recommend Dr Sears Vaccine book too....or just his website.

https://www.askdrsears.com/topics/vaccines

• OSibylOSibyl member
    we are going with his schedule pretty much. I am currently "shopping" for a new pediatrician after the one we saw at our two month appointment (first time LO saw a MD) tried to give him the vaccinations that I had JUST told her we were going to wait until 4 months to get. We did a home birth and LO has seen a midwife many times but we didn't take him into an MD until 2 months.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagerusso546:
    Do you have any evidence of this? The first vaccine given (even if you delay) is the DTaP. Not sure where you received this info?

No, the first one given is Hep B.  Either in the hospital or at 2 weeks.   

•  I dont count the Hep B because I dont know anyone that does it. Being that neither my husband nor i have Hep B, I'm not a prostitute, nor intravenous drug user and had full prenatal care there is no need for it and I haven't found a Dr who disagrees.

Look, I'm not trying to get into a vaccine argument. Do whatever is best for you but please don't not question your doctors, do the research and make the best judgement that suits you and that you are comfortable with. this is your baby. Your decision. If you choose to not delay, great. Your choice.

• LN1024LN1024 member
    imagerusso546:

I dont count the Hep B because I dont know anyone that does it. Being that neither my husband nor i have Hep B, I'm not a prostitute, nor intravenous drug user and had full prenatal care there is no need for it and I haven't found a Dr who disagrees.

Look, I'm not trying to get into a vaccine argument. Do whatever is best for you but please don't not question your doctors, do the research and make the best judgement that suits you and that you are comfortable with. this is your baby. Your decision. If you choose to not delay, great. Your choice.

Wait, so only children of prostitutes and drug dealers get the Hep B shot... you are seriously misinformed. 

• I'm just gonna put this here...

• Statistics like those don't convince me.  But I am quite sleep deprived and I admit my thought processes are not functioning at high levels.  44% is less than half of all cases? But I guess if the proportion of under and unvaccinated children is a lot lower than vaccinated...then 44% is significant.  I guess that same logic would apply to 15 out of 25 cases of years. At first I interpreted that as barely over half the cases, so the danger is barely increased. But, if 2% don't vaccinate and 98% do, then the 15 out of 25 cases is significant.  I really wish they offered the pertussis vaccine on its  own.  My premature son just received his first shots yesterday. It was very disturbing to see the crazy long needle inserted into his little leg. He cried real tears out of his eyes for the first time. The impact of the vaccinations seems to have carried over to today.  I hope he is okay, and I dread all his future doctor appointments.  
  • omg people. I will spell it out for you. Ok, so the reason the they started giving hep b shots at birth was due to in increase in hep b. obviously. The research showed that most woman that came in with hep b did not have correct prenatal care and yes, most of them are prostitues and drug users. So due to the increase in Hep they recommend a hep b shot at birth to everyone. Its just a recomendation.

Do you understand now? Maybe I can draw a diagram for you? I would send links to more studies but if you having a hard time understanding this you definitely would not understand studies that are sent to MDs 

• I was not arguing. I'm just passing along info. The person that created this board asked a question. and I answered her with what we are doing and told her that I would be happy to pass along studies and info. You people are a bit crazy and angry.  I'm no longer responding to peoples craziness on this board. If anyone would like info I would be happy to pass it along.

As for the article that was put up about the increase in whooping cough. Like I said I dont delay that vaccine nor is it ever recommended to delay that vaccine even in a alternative vaccine schedule so I'm guessing most of those people had no idea what they were doing or leaned more on the side of not vaccinating at all.

Hope everyone has a great day and is enjoying their new babies! 

• DId you ever bother to ask why your brand new baby needed a hep b shot? Why your newborn needed 100s of micrograms of aluminum injected into them that we know causes even more harm when they do not have fully functioning kidneys, which they do not have at birth?

I'm guessing not. 

• LN1024LN1024 member

imagenola78:
    imagerusso546:
    DId you ever bother to ask why your brand new baby needed a hep b shot? Why your newborn needed 100s of micrograms of aluminum injected into them that we know causes even more harm when they do not have fully functioning kidneys, which they do not have at birth?I'm guessing not.nbsp;
    Oh my.

Nope, all of us and the CDC are morons. By chance, where did you get your MD from? 

• kmcd23kmcd23 member
    imagerusso546:
    I was not arguing. I'm just passing along info. The person that created this board asked a question. and I answered her with what we are doing and told her that I would be happy to pass along studies and info. You people are a bit crazy and angry. nbsp;I'm no longer responding to peoples craziness on this board. If anyone would like info I would be happy to pass it along.As for the article that was put up about the increase in whooping cough. Like I said I dont delay that vaccine nor is it ever recommended to delay that vaccine even in a alternative vaccine schedule so I'm guessing most of those people had no idea what they were doing or leaned more on the side of not vaccinating at all. Hope everyone has a great day and is enjoying their new babies!nbsp;

Any time someone throws out 'you people' I tune out.
  • kmcd23kmcd23 member
    I think this link is a great summary of the aluminum issue:
    https://www.chop.edu/export/download/pdfs/articles/vaccineeducationcenter/aluminum.pdf

Also, although I chose the CDC schedule, I do recognize that their recommendations are based on what is best for society as a whole, which can be different from what is best for an individual. But in this case, I felt the risk outweighed the benefit.

I don't subscribe to the idea that just because the CDC says so, I don't need to give it critical thought on an individual level.

• LN1024LN1024 member

imagekmcd23:
    I think this link is a great summary of the aluminum issue: https://www.chop.edu/export/download/pdfs/articles/vaccineeducationcenter/aluminum.pdf Also, although I chose the CDC schedule, I do recognize that their recommendations are based on what is best for society as a whole, which can be different from what is best for an individual. But in this case, I felt the risk outweighed the benefit. I don't subscribe to the idea that just because the CDC says so, I don't need to give it critical thought on an individual level.

I understand that there may be a "gray" area (ie, your husband's situation), but more often than not, vaccinating makes sense. I really don't think the CDC would put something out that a large amount of people would not benefit from. I believe in doing your research as an individual, but at the end of the day, I am going to side with the professionals. 

• imagerusso546:

omg people. I will spell it out for you. Ok, so the reason the they started giving hep b shots at birth was due to in increase in hep b. obviously. The research showed that most woman that came in with hep b did not have correct prenatal care and yes, most of them are prostitues and drug users. So due to the increase in Hep they recommend a hep b shot at birth to everyone. Its just a recomendation.

Do you understand now? Maybe I can draw a diagram for you? I would send links to more studies but if you having a hard time understanding this you definitely would not understand studies that are sent to MDs 

Let me draw you a diagram of how you can go *** yourself. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"