Trying to Get Pregnant

Hello I'm new :

Hello my name is Amanda and me and my husband are starting to try for our first baby! Just wondering if anyone else suffers from insomnia and anxiety problems and what u do for it durning pregnancy? I am taking stuff now for both but will be switching to something safer. Also I have hypothyroidism anyone else have that?

Re: Hello I'm new :

• I have type one bipolar disorder and hypothyroidism. I take meds for both. I used to have a lot of panic attacks when I was younger, not so much anymore. Good luck TTC.
  • The stupid back button keeps moving me back to the previous page in the browser.  This makes my 3rd time trying to post this.

We have been ttc for 9 months and I am 30.  

I think we might be "Bump" twins.  My DH and I are trying for our first child. I also suffer from hypothyroidism (Hashimoto's), anxiety, and insomnia.

I have suffered from moderate anxiety for several years.  I was taking Celexa, but after talking with my PCP and OBGYN, I have decided to stop taking the meds while ttc.  They both told me that while pregnancy problems havent been proven with that particular med, they were not disproven either.  I decided that I would try my best to do without the meds.  I do have bad days, but most are bearable. If it gets bad enough where it is not healthy for me to be off the meds, I will start taking them again

I was dx with Hashi's about a year ago.  My levels have only been stabilized for a few months, but I am still very symptomatic.  I am currently on .150 levothyroxine.  My condition has caused me to gain 50lbs and while I have cut my caloric intake to 1000 to 1200 calories a day for the last 2 months, I have only lost 3lbs. I never wanted to be this heavy, much less this heavy while ttc, but I dont know what else to do at this point.  I have also recently removed gluten from my diet.

I also suffer from bouts of insomnia, normally 2 to 3 days a week, but sometimes more often.  One of my primary symptoms with Hashi's is exhaustion and the combination of the two is really hard to deal with sometimes.

DX: Hashimoto's - August 2012

Me:30 / DH: 31

BFP#1 after 15 cycles on 12/1/2013 EDD 8/7/2014

Anniversary

• Loading the player...
  • Welcome! I'm not much help with the insomnia and anxiety but wishin u the best of luck.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• No experience to share, but I wanted to say welcome and good luck! 
    Me: 30 Him: 33
    Married: August 2012
    BFP #1 9/2013 -- MC 10/2013
    DD: 9/22/2014

• I'm of no help but I wanted to say welcome and good luck!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

• I just wanted to say good luck.  I agree with a previous poster, if you have concerns about medications during pregnancy as well as medical conditions like hypothyroidism, I would definitely go talk to your OB.  It is also completely legit to schedule a preconception consult with a MFM if you get the sense your OB isn't comfortable recommending meds in pregnancy.  Stopping medications is not an option for everyone, and there are preferred drugs in pregnancy when something needs to be used.

BFP#1 10 wk missed mc      

BFP#2 DS born at 40+2 on 8/14/12  BFP#3 DD Born at 39+3 on 5/13/14

• Welcome!  I don't have any advice to share but I wish you good luck with TTC #1!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"