June 2012 Moms

Summer fun with LO!

What fun things have you done so far this summer? Or what are you planning to do?

We've taken DS to the community pool a couple of times which was a big hit! He loves "swimming" in the kiddie pool or being held in the big pool.

We are planning a trip to the zoo this week also. Can't wait!

I also want to go to the beach with LO. I'm not sure how he'll like the sand but I want to try.
Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Summer fun with LO!

• We went to the zoo, and DS was in love! We also took him to a wave pool and he is an adrenaline junkie, he absolutely loved it, even being splashed in the face. We have taken him camping quite a few times and he also really likes that! 
    Summer has been so much easier than winter, with so much to do the days are going by so fast.
  • I live across the street of one of the best zoos in the country. We've visited several times this summer.

Over the fourth of July, we took a rode trip to Estes Park, CO. We stayed at the Jellystone campground. She got to run around the ubber kid friendly cabins and play in the pool.

We have gone to a couple of her friend's birthday parties.

We take a wagon ride almost daily. I give her and her little friend a dum dum for the ride. The suckers are a big hit!

Of course, we have a couple kiddie pools and water tables the girls love to play in.

I've taken AJ for a bike ride. We've gone to the lake to swim.

I hope to bring her to the state fair and hopefully take a trip back to my hometown before summer is up.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imagepiedpiper07:
    We went to the zoo, and DS was in love! We also took him to a wave pool and he is an adrenaline junkie, he absolutely loved it, even being splashed in the face. We have taken him camping quite a few times and he also really likes that!nbsp;Summer has been so much easier than winter, with so much to do the days are going by so fast.

Yes I agree! Summer needs to seriously slow down.

And the wave pool sounds fun!
  • Sounds like you're having a busy summer, Sam! Hope you get to go on your trip to your hometown.

• SigirSigir member
    We went to the beach. Dd loves the sand box so I figured she'd love it and I wasn't wrong. What surprised me was that she wasn't afraid of the waves... I thought she would be but she was brave! She enjoyed going in the water.

We have also gone to the community pool and she loves the splash pad area. She runs through it screaming w happiness.

Man what a difference a year makes. Remember how our Los were last 4th of July?
  • We go to Disney World a few times a month. We recently introduced all of the awesome rides to her and she loves them.

We've gone to the zoo a few times. 

I take Ella in our pool at least twice a week. She loves the water and her floatie. 

She loves the beach, we go a couple times a month. We sit in the surf and she digs in the sand and plays with her pail and shovel.

And we go to the park at least once a week. We go with a few other moms and she loves going on the swings and wandering around with the big kids.

I have been trying to keep us busy this summer. There are lots of fun things to do in FL! Smile 

Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • DD has been to the zoo a few times.  We also went to a puppet festival.  DH likes to take her on bike rides in the trailer, sometimes with DS, too.  

I took both kids to the pool yesterday.  DD is not a huge fan of swimming; she kept trying to run through the water and drown herself.  DS had a blast, though, so we will try to go once a week or so.  I hope DH can join us next time because it was super stressful.

We have a vacation next month to visit my sister and her family.  I am very excited!

DS born 8/8/09 and DD born 6/12/12.
  • imageDisneyPeanut:
    imagelizzybean:

We go to Disney World a few times a month. We recently introduced all of the awesome rides to her and she loves them.

I hate you, in the best possible way. Oh how I would love to live close to WDW!!! We took DD there when she was 6 months and she especially loved the carousel and Dumbo. It's a Small World relaxed her so much, she fell asleep!

I am jealous too! 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • We've taken DS to a couple conservation areas in the carrier, stroller walks to the park to play, played in the hose, gone swimming, gone to the beach, wagon rides, a walk along the canal. I'd like to get him to the splash pad this week and to some local festivals coming up.

This summer is waaaaay better than last summer!
  • DS loves the beach and playing in the sand.  He does sand angels and laughs hysterically. He also loves swimming, especially in shallow sandy water at lakes where he can move around on his own.

I haven't done as much as I've wanted because I work too much in the summer but I'm hoping to sneak more in this fall.  Taking DS to his first concert Wednesday, his favorite band too, Okee Dokee Brothers! We'll see if he rocks out live or just to the CD.

• We went to the zoo several times, to the beach and went to see Sesame Street live yesterday. We purchased VIP tickets so that he got to met Elmo and Cookie Monster. DS was so scared and cried. We had front row seats and was afraid of all the characters but quickly warmed up to Elmo and Abby. We suspected it might not go over well since he was afraid of the disney characters on his birthday..
  • imagealizabethanne:
    imageDisneyPeanut:
    imagelizzybean:

We go to Disney World a few times a month. We recently introduced all of the awesome rides to her and she loves them.

I hate you, in the best possible way. Oh how I would love to live close to WDW!!! We took DD there when she was 6 months and she especially loved the carousel and Dumbo. It's a Small World relaxed her so much, she fell asleep!

I am jealous too! 

LOL yeah we are very lucky to live here and have seasons passes to Disney. We just moved here 2 years ago so we are still obsessed with going to the park! Now it is super fun to introduce Ella to all of the rides. 

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Anniversary
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imagehenrytviii:
    DS loves the beach and playing in the sand.nbsp; He does sand angels and laughs hysterically. He also loves swimming, especially in shallow sandy water at lakes where he can move around on his own.I haven't done as much as I've wanted because I work too much in the summer but I'm hoping to sneak more in this fall.nbsp; Taking DS to his first concert Wednesday, his favorite band too, Okee Dokee Brothers! We'll see if he rocks out live or just to the CD.

That reminds me, I brought AJ to her first concert too, The Beach Boys with UNCLE JESSE! This weekend we're bringing her to Sheryl Crow.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We went to Epcot....my cousin is coming to visit in a few weeks and then we are hitting Disney World, Epcot again, Universal Studios, and Sea World.
  • imagelizzybean:
    imagealizabethanne:
    imageDisneyPeanut:
    imagelizzybean:

I am jealous too! 

LOL yeah we are very lucky to live here and have seasons passes to Disney. We just moved here 2 years ago so we are still obsessed with going to the park! Now it is super fun to introduce Ella to all of the rides. 

That's so awesome! Add me to the jealous list. : ]
  • imageGismo123:
    We went to Epcot....my cousin is coming to visit in a few weeks and then we are hitting Disney World, Epcot again, Universal Studios, and Sea World.

I love Epcot! My H and I were just talking about how we'd like to go to their food and wine festival one day.

You ladies are making me want to plan a Disney trip! I was thinking we'd wait until DS is 4 or 5 but I don't know if I can wait that long.
  • BRBR member

imageJessieCupcake:
    imageGismo123:
    We went to Epcot....my cousin is coming to visit in a few weeks and then we are hitting Disney World, Epcot again, Universal Studios, and Sea World.
    I love Epcot! My H and I were just talking about how we'd like to go to their food and wine festival one day. You ladies are making me want to plan a Disney trip! I was thinking we'd wait until DS is 4 or 5 but I don't know if I can wait that long.

I LOVE the Food and Wine Festival at Epcot.  It was so much fun, but of course I went before we had DD.

So far this summer we have gone to the zoo, the aquarium, the splash pad, music classes, and story time at the library.  She also loves to swim in the pool and play with her water table.  I wish the summer would slow down.

• imageDisneyPeanut:

imageJessieCupcake:
    imageGismo123:

I love Epcot! My H and I were just talking about how we'd like to go to their food and wine festival one day.

You ladies are making me want to plan a Disney trip! I was thinking we'd wait until DS is 4 or 5 but I don't know if I can wait that long.

If you plan on going to Disney only once, then 4 or 5 is a great age. However, if you plan on going multiple times, then there are no wrong age for Disney. Kids (and adults) of all ages will find plenty to enjoy. Smile DD's first trip was at 6 months, her next will probably be at 3 or 4, and then probable another 3 years after that.

My DH and I would love to go to Food & Wine at Epcot one year. With me being a teacher though, it's almost impossible for me to have a week off at that time.

I wasn't sure what age would be best but you're right, he'd probably like it at any age!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"