May 2013 Moms

NBR so pissed

Today was moving day. Bekins handled our move. Our stuff has been in storage with them for 3 months.

Out of the entire 18 wheeler only two pieces of furniture arrived undamaged. All of the nursery furniture was damaged and its never been used! Was delivered 3 days before the movers came in April.

They didn't reassemble anything and weren't even bothered to out the sectional pieces right side up.

They damaged the neighbors driveway as well as ours. Icing on the cake one of the guys pooped and vomited in my brand new bathroom which now has to be disinfected.

I am PISSED.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
TTC #2:
March - May 2014 - Natural cycles - no luck
June 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
July 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
August 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
September 2014 - Clomid 50mg - Fingers crossed...

Re: NBR so pissed

• I'd make a strongly worded phone call to a supervisor, not cool!
  • imageannagrya:
    I'd make a strongly worded phone call to a supervisor, not cool!
    they received two calls and two emails. Supposedly the gm will call me tomorrow.

TTC #2:

• Loading the player...
  • imagesnowgirl427:
    imageannagrya:
    they received two calls and two emails. Supposedly the gm will call me tomorrow.

I'd expect a VERY large refund. Sorry about your stuff and bathroom :(

• imagesnowgirl427:
    imageannagrya:

I'd expect a VERY large refund. Sorry about your stuff and bathroom :(

• Oh my gosh I cannot imagine how livid you must be. Document it all and don't let them off easy. Ugh!
    Baby girl born 5/20/13. Figuring it out as we go. :)
  • I can sadly say I know how you feel. I watched the movers take a massive chunk out of my new houses walls with a metal filing cabinet, then proceed to break a few of my pieces of furniture, one of which was so wreaked it had to be thrown out. Nobody treats anyone's things with respect, even when your paying a pretty penny. You would think they could be careful. Sorry about your stuff, and your bathroom.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageILoveSnacks:
    Oh my gosh I cannot imagine how livid you must be. Document it all and don't let them off easy. Ugh!

This!!! Take pictures and everything! 

• Oh my goodness, that is awful!! I am so sorry and I'm glad you called. They need to give you a 100% refund and replace your broken items!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Wow. Not only do they owe you a refund, they need to pay for the damage as well. That is ridiculous. Good luck!
    TTC#1 Oct 2010
    DS born May 2013
    TFAS Feb 2016
    EDD 07/29/2017
  • Make sure you tell their supervisor you will put complaints on Angie's List, Yelp, BBB etc. we moved cross country 4 times for my husbands job and we always had issues. I learned to say I'd document my complaints especially with the BBB because they can lose insurance/bonding or have their rates increase with a certain number of bad complaints. I also learned you have to treat it like a business translation. Too nice and they'll walk over you, if you're too hysterical they just assume you're unreasonable and will just say screw it. Have in your head exactly what you want from them and figure out what you're willing to settle for. Don't be afraid to keep going up the ladder, you'll eventually get a suit who isn't used to dealing with actual customers and will cave.
  • It really sucks that they broke your stuff and that's really not acceptable, but pooping/vomiting tend to be somewhat urgent needs and I'm not sure it's really reasonable to be pissed that the guy did it in the nearest available bathroom. Where would you have preferred?
  • imageCarolineEmma:
    It really sucks that they broke your stuff and that's really not acceptable, but pooping/vomiting tend to be somewhat urgent needs and I'm not sure it's really reasonable to be pissed that the guy did it in the nearest available bathroom. Where would you have preferred?

Them clean it up. Plain and simple.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • kmcd23kmcd23 member
    I feel your frustration! This last move, we had so many things damaged and destroyed. We got a decent claims check, but the hassle is not repaid. Good luck getting what you deserve!
  • imagebeckyschell:
    imageCarolineEmma:
    It really sucks that they broke your stuff and that's really not acceptable, but pooping/vomiting tend to be somewhat urgent needs and I'm not sure it's really reasonable to be pissed that the guy did it in the nearest available bathroom. Where would you have preferred?

Them clean it up. Plain and simple.
    This exactly.

TTC #2:

• imageemmy236:
    Make sure you tell their supervisor you will put complaints on Angie's List, Yelp, BBB etc. we moved cross country 4 times for my husbands job and we always had issues. I learned to say I'd document my complaints especially with the BBB because they can lose insurance/bonding or have their rates increase with a certain number of bad complaints. I also learned you have to treat it like a business translation. Too nice and they'll walk over you, if you're too hysterical they just assume you're unreasonable and will just say screw it. Have in your head exactly what you want from them and figure out what you're willing to settle for. Don't be afraid to keep going up the ladder, you'll eventually get a suit who isn't used to dealing with actual customers and will cave.
    Great advice. Thank you!!

TTC #2:

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"