May 2013 Moms

Weaning

Does anybody have advice on weaning??? I asked this question on the breast feeding board and the women were rude to me about it. As much as I love BF it's caused me extreme anxiety and its time for me and my mental health to call it quits.

Re: Weaning

• People weren't rude to you.  They offered alternative solutions to weaning.  You didn't state why you needed to wean and I think if you did, you would not have gotten suggestions on how to continue to BF. 

A lot of us read multiple boards, so probably not a good idea to talk about other boards being rude to you... 

• I saw the post, and they were not rude at all.  However, they did not really answer the question either.  Maybe if you give more info you'll get more advice?
  • Loading the player...
  • imagebeaubecca:
    Personally I don't think you needed to explain why you want to wean since you weren't asking advice on how to stick with BFing. I am glad you asked because my LO is 7 weeks and I am going to ask our pedi on Friday about possibly weaning because I am going back to work next week and don't know if I will be able to stick with EBFing.

The breastfeeding board is typically for women who are breastfeeding. Noone was rude at all. It is a community of women who encourage breastfeeding. Without a backstory, they are going to do just that.
  • pnutgpnutg member
    I'm trying to wean too, because of pain, and I'm having a heck of a time. It's just a different pain at this point. I'm going to try cabbage leaves.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I didn't read the other board, but when I stopped with my other kids I tried to get it over with quickly. I switched the baby entirely to bottles, of breast milk or formula, and no more nursing. I'd go as long as I could until I was really uncomfortable, then pump a little just for some relief.

It was a pretty lousy week or so, but good luck to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"