Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Having trouble accepting it all...

My doc told me this morning that if I were to wait for things to happen naturally it only takes a day or so...Except this whole ordeal started almost a week ago and I am not bleeding/spotting at all yet. I am just a little crampy - not bad just annoying. I am scheduled for a D/C tomorrow morning and I keep thinking "what if it is a mistake?!" - I don't want to see everything come out of me, that is why I chose D/C but all I can think about is how I am not even spotting! Is it weird if I ask them to take one last look before the procedure tomorrow? The ultrasound from Monday was just with a tech who would say nothing and then we got a call from the doctor. I think had someone been there to point and explain what they were seeing that it would be easier to accept. I dunno....I just feel like I need something definitive. Sigh...
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Having trouble accepting it all...

• I don't think so. I would just ask them. I'm sure they would try their best to give you the acceptance you need.
    Colty Bug's Mommy
  • You could always ask them for another u/s. When I had my D and C they gave me a low dosage of miso to take before my procedure to softener my cervix. Therefore another u/s wouldn't have been possible for me because the process already started.

My thoughts will be with you tomorrow for the procedure!

BFP 06/05/2013 | EDD 02/10/2014 | D&C 07/12/2013
  • Loading the player...
  • I would definitely ask for another ultra sound. I felt the same way before my dc and I regret not doing one last ultrasound. It's better for you to move on knowing, than to live with the what if and the guilt that comes with it. Praying for you darlin!
  • If you want another u/s, insist on one.  It's your right to be 100% comfortable with your decision to have a D&C. 

My doctor also misled us into thinking the natural m/c could happen within a day... we waited two weeks and nothing. We had another u/s to confirm the m/c and then opted to take the Cytotec pill to move things along. The final u/s brought us some closure, as it was very obvious that there was no baby and my uterus was filled with blood. 

Huge to you.

Married DH 9/30/2011 - TTC #1 since 11/2012 

BFP 5/30/2013 EDD 2/8/2014 M/C blighted ovum 7/5/2013 8 weeks 3 days 

BFP 11/16/2013  Beautiful, perfect heartbeat 12/9/2013 EDD 7/31/2014  Please be our rainbow baby!

image              image  

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• I had 3 ultrasounds before I had the D&C - if your want one, ask!  I would call them today  - sure they can fit you in.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Definitely ask for your own peace of mind. So sorry you are going through this <3
  • So sorry for your loss.  Definitely ask for another ultrasound if you want one.  I found out at my 12 week scan that my babies had no heartbeat and had stopped growing at 8 weeks.  I started spotting later the same day. That was 3 weeks ago, and have yet to bleed to miscarry naturally. My d&c is scheduled for later today, as I have now been carrying these twins with no heartbeat for 7 weeks.  It is possible your body just hadn't realized yet the pregnancy was over, despite the doctors expecting that to happen fairly quickly, it can take a long time. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

Anniversary

TTC Since 04/01/13 

BFP #1 04/28/13 Its twins! EDD 01/08/2014 MMC confirmed 06/27/13 D&C 07/17/13

BFP#2 05/19/14 EDD 01/30/2015 Please be our rainbow!

My Ovulation Chart

*~*~* All AL Welcome*~*~*

• imageKinipela7:
    I had 3 ultrasounds before I had the D&C - if your want one, ask!  I would call them today  - sure they can fit you in.

Yes, this! 

Began trying for a baby January 2012
    BFP 4.25.2013  EDD 1.3.2014  MMC 6.3.2013  D&C 6.19.2013
    BFP 11.3.2013  CP 11.6.2013
    BFP 3.31.2014 EDD 12.10.2014 Baby boy Carlson born 12.19.2014 
  • Thanks ladies. I asked about at least seeing the images from the previous ultrasound and without hesitating the doc said he was going to just do another one or even 2 if I wanted - right there in my little pre-op room. I am blessed to have had him as my doctor today, he was so kind and so informative. He went over everything he saw, didn't see, and would normally want to see, etc. It was one of very few other things that helped me get through the day. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"