June 2012 Moms

sleep?

What is your lo's sleep schedual like now?

Audrey is going to be a big sister!

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: sleep?

• sleep? what is that?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • He sleeps through the night only while bbed sharing. He still nurses at night ..

he wakes about 7am and goes down for a morning nap about 1030 and again about 2-3 pm. He is ready for bed about 830 pm and will get up between 630 and 7. 

• Loading the player...
  • DD is already a horrible sleeper and she is transitioning to 1 nap. Her schedule is all over the place.
  • imageacbfreire:
    DD is already a horrible sleeper and she is transitioning to 1 nap. Her schedule is all over the place.

does she still nurse to sleep? 

• imagedrbethc:

He sleeps through the night only while bbed sharing. He still nurses at night ..

he wakes about 7am and goes down for a morning nap about 1030 and again about 2-3 pm. He is ready for bed about 830 pm and will get up between 630 and 7. 

That's pretty much the way things are for us too

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DS is on one nap from 12pm-2pm. He's asleep for the night around 8-8:30pm. He is awake for the day around 7-7:30am.

He's waking up maybe once or twice (sometimes three times for me, but only once when just DH is home). DH brings DS into our bed when he wakes up and I'm at work., then he sleeps straight until 7am at least. I don't sleep well bedsharing so I bring him back to his crib when I'm home at night. He'll wake at least once more.

FWIW, I still nurse DS to sleep when I'm home at bedtime and nap time, which is probably 80% of the time. Oh, and he naps in my arms when I'm home for naptime. Quite frankly, I don't care to stop, so... I won't! Especially since he goes down fine without a bottle (or nursing obviously) and sleeps in a PNP at daycare.

• still doing two naps and I don't see the one nap transition happening for a while still... :)

Sleeps from 7:30-6:30
    Naps from 9-11
    Naps from 2:30-4 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • This is DS's typical schedule on days he goes to daycare:

Wake up between 7 and 7:30
    Nap 12:00 to 2:30
    Bedtime between 7:30 and 8:00

On days he's home with me, the nap time can vary depending on if we go out or are doing something. He doesn't usually nap as long at home either.

I've also noticed DS is falling asleep earlier and earlier at night. He had a 9pm bedtime for a long time and it's been moving up.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageegannon979:
    imagedrbethc:

He sleeps through the night only while bbed sharing. He still nurses at night ..

That's pretty much the way things are for us too

This is exactly us too. Although we don't usually let him in our bed, that means an extra bottle at about 2am. I so want to get rid of that bottle!!!!! 

• Bed between 830 and 9, wakes up about 7, nap from 1030 to 12, nap again 330 to 5.

After she turned one, I decided I was not going to get up with her in the middle of the night. The first couple nights were tough. She still on occasion wakes up, but she can put herself back to sleep within 5 minutes usually. It's sooooo nice to not have to get up in the middle of the night!
  • imageSamiantha101:
    Bed between 830 and 9, wakes up about 7, nap from 1030 to 12, nap again 330 to 5. After she turned one, I decided I was not going to get up with her in the middle of the night. The first couple nights were tough. She still on occasion wakes up, but she can put herself back to sleep within 5 minutes usually. It's sooooo nice to not have to get up in the middle of the night!

Did you just cold turkey stop? I may try that starting tonight. He is way too old for this sh!t LOL. 

• imagedrbethc:

imageacbfreire:
    DD is already a horrible sleeper and she is transitioning to 1 nap. Her schedule is all over the place.

does she still nurse to sleep? 

yes

• imagepiedpiper07:

imageSamiantha101:
    Bed between 830 and 9, wakes up about 7, nap from 1030 to 12, nap again 330 to 5.

After she turned one, I decided I was not going to get up with her in the middle of the night. The first couple nights were tough. She still on occasion wakes up, but she can put herself back to sleep within 5 minutes usually. It's sooooo nice to not have to get up in the middle of the night!

Did you just cold turkey stop? I may try that starting tonight. He is way too old for this sh!t LOL. 

Yup!
  • imagedrbethc:

Exact same schedule as this. 

• Ella sleeps in her crib from 7-7 most nights.

She takes one nap every early afternoon, anywhere from 1-3 hours long.

She isn't taking bottles anymore, and only nurses in the morning and in the evening before her supper. 

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Anniversary
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • DS sleeps 7:30 to 5:30, with at least one wake-up. 90% of of the time he stays in his crib but he joins me if he wakes up more than 2x. Planning to humor him at night for a little while longer and reevaluate in September. Usually bedtime at 7ish is easy, but this week its been a battle and he's been up until 9 a few nights.  Hoping its just a little phase. Thankfully I work until 9 so its not my problem!

Naps morning and afternoon for 1-1.5 hours each or he only naps in the afternoon for 2-3 hours.  He's about 50/50.  No idea how he manages to stay up from 5:30 to 2 or 3pm but he's usually in good spirits.

We are struggling with naps because I am trying to make him take milk or formula from a sippy cup during the day.  He doesn't fall asleep with the bottle but I think he likes a full stomach to nap.  Might give up and go back to bottles for a bit. DS says sippy cups are only for water :) He can't say a single word yet but he's made that quite clear.

• Our LO has completely thrown anything that resembles a schedule out the window, for eating or napping at least.  She is sleeping through the night, from about 7:30/8:00 until 6:30/7:00 but a nap, if she takes one, is anyones guess :(  This has been hard for mama - in terms of my sanity but also in trying to plan outings and stuff.  She is definitely tired in the afternoons but really fights the nap when I try, screaming and crying for 30 or 40 minutes.  Today she slept one hour.

Sleeping hasn't really been a big issue for us (other things, yes, but not sleeping) and I guess this is just a phase.  LIkely to get turned around again in a few weeks when I return to work and she goes back to daycare. 

• BRBR member

She sleeps from 7 p.m.-6:30 a.m.  Naps at 10:30 and 3:00 for around an hour and a half each nap.

A few weeks ago I thought she was trying to transition to one nap because she was going down later in the morning.  That was a miserable, miserable week so now we are back to two naps.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"