Ten Things Tuesday

GO!
Married my wife 8/2007 ~ TTC #1 since 7/2011
9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
IVF October 2012: 22 eggs retrieved, 17 fertilized, 5 frozen
ET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Blighted ovum discovered at 7w5d; D&E
FET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Missed m/c discovered at 9w5d; D&E
Karyotyping: normal ~ RPL Testing: normal ~ Hysteroscopy: normal
FET #2: 1 blast transferred 10/25; BFP 10/31!
EDD 7/13/14 ~ Induced at 37w4d due to pre-eclampsia ~ Born on 6/28/14
*Everyone welcome*

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Ten Things Tuesday

• 1. Our cat was super snuggly over the weekend...and now she's super feisty.  Sigh.

2. Getting up early to work out before work is hard.

3. I'm working in a satellite office today so I get to go in a little bit later and leave a little earlier to allow for travel time.

4. I'm ready for fall...for several reasons.

5. BFF arrives in 2 days!  Can't wait.

6. I am sick of hearing about the royal baby.

7. Based on my temps, I haven't ovulated...so I have at least 2 weeks to wait until AF.  I really don't want to wait 8 weeks this time.

8. I should go make my lunch...

9. Have a good day, everyone!

10. Stay cool!

9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
    *Everyone welcome*

• 1. It has been hotter than hell here- 90's with a 1000% humidity

2. Thank the Lord we discovered that our circa 1900 through the wall air conditioner works. We have a ton of fans running to attempt to push out the cooler air from our larger room.

3. DW and I decided that we are going to bring more zen like decor into our home. We are seeing our acupuncturist and she is encouraging us to live the principles of zen and really incorporate them into our lives.

4. We took a trip to Ikea and spent way too much money, but it was totally worth it.

5. We finally took the leap and kicked DW's mom and step-dad off of our phone plan. They haven't paid in so long that they were floored when their bill would be more than $0. Her step-dad actually said "We liked it the way it was"....yeah, I bet you did!

6.  I had my hair colored. I went from red (maroon red) to brown (too dark!) to a honey chestnutish brown. I LOVE IT. I have the most amazing hair stylist in the work. 

7. Speaking of our hair dresser, she is 5 months pregnant and adorable. She found out that she is having a girl, so we bought her the cutest white dress (with built in onesie) and a denim jacket. Cutest outfit ever.

8. I hope we are successful when we start trying!

9. It's getting exciting to figure out all of the logistics of trying!

10. I'm very lucky to have my DW. She is my rock and hero. I love her.  

TTC our first. Married to, and madly in love with, my beautiful wife. Living with our fur baby and enjoying 19 nieces and nephews. 
    • DW and I have been tracking, preparing, getting medical testing since January 2013.
    • First Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm 08/02/13: BFN
    • Second Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm 09/11/13, 09/13/13, 09/15/13: BFN
    • Third Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm: 10/13/13, 10/15/13, 10/17/13, 10/21/13: BFN
    • January 2014: Sonohysterogram shows excellent lining & tubes have no blockages
    • Fourth Cycle:  Monitored clomid cycle  w/ ICI's at home: 1/24/14 and 1/25/14. Ovulation verified:  BFN
    • Fifth Cycle: 02/2014 Femara 5mg with ovidrel trigger CD14: BFN
    • Taking a few months off to evaluate if we want to keep trying

• Loading the player...
  • 1. I have been running on empty the last few days preparing for S's aunt to get her this afternoon followed by 4 additional friends and family that will be staying with us for the shower.

2. I'm still not even close to done cleaning. Where did my normal energy go? Oh yeah..... Haha!

3. I am struck by the generosity of our friends.

4. I am going to have to raise our bed by the head part in order to sleep. Right now i feel like I look really creepy and sitting up too much. Ha!

5. The crib came Sunday and the nursery is starting to come together!

6. I went to my last big show of the summer on Saturday. Beyonce. It was really good and I had seen her destiny's child about ten years ago. I think that will be it for me with her until she inevitably does a stint in Vegas.

7. Last night I was once again thankful for the ability to work from home during the heat and get out at night to run errands.

8. I can't wait for S to get home. She's been traveling for work

9. My eye is twitching. Lack of sleep? Stress over visitors?

10. I have so much to do before 2. And work in there so I need to Get on my way!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • KH826KH826 member

1. I am so glad to be back on the boards using my laptop in time for TTT! Thanks ball.and.chain for the tip on clearing caching and cookies - it worked!

2. Today is CD14 for me, and still no smiley yet on my OPK indicating that my LH surged and I am ready to Ovulate. Trying to stay calm and just wait for it to happen naturally (I triggered the last 2 cycles). This is my first cycle on Femara and not using the trigger shot, so I guess I don't know if the meds make me O a little later. I just have to be patient and go with the flow (a challenge for me, but I am working on it!)...

3. Acupuncture has been really great. I have been to two appointments now, and I am planning to go back a third time right after my IUI later this week. The acupuncturist is awesome, and seems to really know what he is doing and was quickly in tune with me. It is not like me to be embracing acupuncture and believing in it as a viable option of assisting with fertility, but I have chosen to accept it and just allow myself to relax and believe that it is having a positive impact.

4. My wife bought us tickets to a concert for my bday back in March, and the concert is this Friday. It is one of those bring a blanket/lawn chairs and your dinner and pull up a piece of grass style concerts. The band Fun is playing, and Tegan and Sara are opening for them. I am excited. But also a little nervous that it is going to be a million degrees and I might be 1dpiui....

5. My feet are killing me today. Stupid heels. I wear heels often, but this pair in particular not so much... I don't know what I was thinking!

6. We went to a bachelorette party last Saturday night for a close friend who was in our wedding and my wife will be a bridesmaid in her wedding. It was one of those crazy stereotypical bachelorette parties that included lots of pink things, lots of things shaped like male private parts, lots of excessive drinking (not me, I had water) and lots of general ridiculousness. I had never been to anything like that before. I don't plan to ever participate in anything like it again. Not my cup of tea.

7.  I saw pictures from that ridiculous event (see #6) yesterday, and I was totally disgusted with myself. I think I have been in serious denial about weight gain, and that was a wake up call. I have gained significant weight since starting TTC, and it makes me very sad. I worked my butt off 3 years ago to lose 109 lbs, and it changed my life. I kept it off completely for 2 years, and then we started trying to get pregnant... I think part of it is stress, part of it is the meds, and part of it is just not making good choices, but I need to make a change b/c I am not about let myself get back to where I was before my weight loss. I cried about it a lot yesterday. Today I am more angry about it. It was like it just snuck up on me and I didn't realize what was happening until it was noticable.

8. RE: #7 - I need to try to find a healthy balance to lose weight and TTC... my next IUI will be in just 2 or 3 days, so it is hard to think about kicking off a big diet and exercise regiment now... I don't know what to do other than feel gross and hopeless about it.

9. I know I am too hard on myself, and I know that to many people my weight is not even an issue, but I worked SOOO hard and I really liked myself for the first time (in terms of physical appearance) ever when I hit my lowest weight. OK, I am done talking about this. I just needed to vent, because I am currently obsessing over this.

10. On a positive note, we took our dog to be groomed on Sunday, and she looks so darn cute with her haircut. I love that dog more than most people. She makes everything better! :)

Me - 30, My wife - 31 , Together for 10 yrs - Married August 2012

5 medicated IUIs w/ RE (March - July 2013) = BFN

Fresh IVF Cycle in September 2013 resulted in 18 mature eggs, 16 fertilized, 12 made it to day 5. Transfer of 2 Grade A blastocysts on 9/15/13, and 10 embryos in the freezer!      *****BFP on 9/25/13 - betas: @10dp5dt = 232; @12dp5dt = 465; @15dp5dt = 1,581   *********William George born June 4, 2014*********
  • 1. Today is day 2 of M's two week long program at work that she runs from eight thirty to four thirty plus set up before and debrief and clean up after. I'm very proud of her for all the work she has done to make this happen. There are supposed to be two of them working on this but the other staff person is on parental leave.

2. We are both very tired. Have gotten to bed too late and gotten up too early the last few days.

3. Tonight we are going to go see "this is the end" at the movies. Tuesday is cheap night in Toronto. Is it in other places, too? I can't remember to six years ago when I still lived in the U.S.

4. I hope we don't both fall asleep in the movie!

5. I'm making good progress on my dissertation chapter. It feels never ending. Part of my problem is that I have way too much stuff to write about and it is hard to pick out what to say where. I had been planning to have this done in early June. I significantly underestimated the amount of work I still had to do. New deadline is early next week.

6. The good thing about not moving until October is that we have plenty of time to majorly downsize, have a huge yard sale, clean, and pack.

7. The bad thing is that it is still too early to look for apartments for October and I would feel much better if we knew where we were living.

8. It is HOT and HUMID in Toronto. I'm very grateful for our window air conditioners.

9. Despite M's stress and our shared exhaustion, M and I have been doing a lot of laughing and cuddling the last few days and that makes us both happy.

10. We made delicious French Toast on a whim on Sunday night and now I want to eat it all the time.
    ****loss discussed*****

We're queer. I'm 33, have severe stage 4 endo, and had both fallopian tubes removed. My love ("Manada" on the boards, 32) was diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve. We did Partner IVF (my eggs, her uterus). We lost our twins Tavin and Casey at 21 weeks gestation.

Our IUIs
    with @Manada: IUI# 1-7 (December 2012- September 2013) all BFN. Tried natural, femara, clomid, puregon/follistim, clomid and menopur combo, both the ovidrel and HCG triggers.

Our IVFs:
    IVF #1 my eggs November/December 2013: Cancelled IVF due to poor response

IVF #2 my eggs/Manada's uterus January/February 2014
    BCPs and lupron overlap Stimmed: 1/22-2/2: Bravelle and Menopur (dosage ranged from B300 and M150 to B375 and M150 to B300 and M225)
    2/4 retrieved 10 eggs. Endo was much worse than expected. Only 3 eggs fertilized; February 7 transferred two day 3 embryos, froze one. All great condition.
    BFP eve of 6dp3dt; Beta 1 (11dp3dt): 110; Beta 2 (13dp3dt): 175; Beta 3 (15dp3dt): 348; Beta 4 (19dp3dt): 2222; Beta 5 (21dp3dt): 4255
    1st ultrasound (3/6  6w 1d): TWINS!!!! Twin A measuring 6w1d with a heartbeat of 118bpm. Twin B measuring 6w0d with a heartbeat of 113bpm. 

***July 18, 2014 we lost our beautiful babies at 21 weeks gestation. They were born too early. Tavin Sara T. and Casey Elizabeth T. are beautiful and precious and we will love them and miss them forever.***

FET #1 December 2014
    Intralipid infusion on Dec 10. Transfer of 1 day 3 nine-cell embryo into my uterus on Dec. 19. (acupuncture immediately before and after)
    BFP on Dec. 27; Beta 1 Jan 2 (14dp3dt): 665, Beta 2 Jan 4 (16dp3dt): 1859, Beta 3 Jan 6 (18dp3dt): 4449, Beta 4 Jan 10 (22dp3dt): 12,251.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • 1. I am counting down to Thursday for our FET! It seemed like 100 years away for so long, I can't believe it's actually here!

2. I am super grateful to everyone here, you've all helped me deal with my loss and have hope for this baby. So, thank you :)

3. I've been trying to do nice things for myself and, while part of me feels keyed up about Thursday, part of me feels ready and (as) relaxed as I can be about it.

4. J is scared it won't take, and I am too, but I love that she is able to tell me her worries and fears, and also do her best to trust things will work out. And, support me in doing the same.

5. Seattle has actually been experiencing summer now for more than a month - this is insane if you live/have ever lived here. Typically summer creeps in here and there after July 4th, and we're assured a good 2-3 weeks of it in August/Sept. I keep being hesitant to trust it's really here! But I'm goin' with it.

6. We took a Cuban cooking class last month and we are re-creating the whole 5 course meal for friends tomorrow night. I had to do the escabeche (pickled fish) last night (2 days ahead) and I wanted to eat it right then.

7. I got off caffeine with little effect since I weaned myself this time! Hurrah! But I already miss having a proper cup of coffee.

8. I started my Prometrium (yuck) 3x/day but so far so good with that.

9. I'm so distracted by TTC that I haven't been 100% on my game at work. Fortunately my boss has been so busy I don't think he's noticed, so went to the office today (been working from home a lot) to force myself to focus!

10. Clearly #9 is not working since I am doing this instead of working... . :)

Lil'mamaz was born on Aug 21, 2014! She's PERFECT!

It's been a long road to here...
    Me (43) and J (45) - same sex couple. And we don't feel 40+!
    June'12 - First RE Visit
    Sept. '12 - Tubes removed
    Dec. '12 - Donor Egg/Donor Sperm IVF Cycle - 4 good embies!
    Dec. '12 - Fresh transfer, BFP! EDD 8/29/13
    Mar. '13 - Missed m/c at 16w1d, baby boy stopped growing at 15w4d
    Loss due to umbilical cord clot...baby was perfect. :(
    Jul '13 - FET#1 - c/p
    Sept. '13 - FET#2 - BFN
    Dec.' 2, 2013 - FET#3 with our last chance embie - BFP!!!
    Dec' 26, 2013 - hb!!
    EDD 8/20/14 with a baby girl!
    Little S was born on 8/21/14 - 8lb, 14 oz and 20 inches long.
    We live in Seattle and used SRM for our donor egg IVF cycle

imageimageimageimage

• Yay! TTT

1. I am officially on summer break...ok, not fully b/c i still go into the school to help out with summer testing. But I go in on my time!!! Sleeping in is great!

2. Packing and preparing for our annual week-long vacay in the keys! I cannot wait! Lobsters beware...the clan is coming!

3. Got a phenominal deal on a tv...now we have to buy an entertainment center

4. All but one of our Credit cards are paid off. We are only paying on our "making a baby" cc, M's car payment, mortgage, my student loans (which I will be paying forever), and car insurance. It is a wonderful feeling to be out of our debt hole. Now maybe we can get preggo and not freak out as much LOL

5. I am currently watching Toddler's and Tiara's. I don't get why parents do this to their children. I have only seen two children that seem to actually enjoy the glitz pageant. Pixie sticks, Mt. Dew, and energy drinks for a 3 year old...seriously????

6. I need to take the dogs to get their nails clipped. One of the three is good about it and the other two like to fight it a bit.  Not a big deal, just have to motivate myself to get out of the house!!!!

7. I'm hungry...what to eat what to eat...

8. I really should be working on an assignment...I have done all the reading, just fighting the actual assignment.  No reason that i can think of...

9. I wish M could have been here today and not at work.....I am feeling needy LOL

10. Guess I will get motivated and start doing things today.  Good luck to all that are TTC this week

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Married to M and proud mothers to Olivia and Elise (8/19/2014) and to our fur-babies: Capone (pitbull), Jax and Atticus (cats)

• image2MamazInSeattle:

1. I am counting down to Thursday for our FET! It seemed like 100 years away for so long, I can't believe it's actually here!

Woohooooo! Yay 2mamaz!!!! I've got everything crossed for you! And sending big hugs!

M&K met 8/2002 married 6/2012
    TTC with RE since March 2012
    3 missed O's, 6 IUIs = 1 BFP then 8 w M/C, 5 BFNs
    (2 unmedicated IUIs, 2 clomid IUI, 2 femara IUI)
    Shared maternity/partner IVF, transfer #1 BFP!
    EDD 11/28/13
  • 1. I love reading all your updates and feeling close to you even though we are worlds apart in ways. Thank you all for sharing your journeys!

2. I can't wait to hear about shelly's trip to the keys. We are going there for our babymoon in 3 weeks and I have never been! PM me tips please if you have time! :-)

3. A/S last Thursday was awesome. Saw all the baby toes, baby fingers, bloodflow, brain activity, wow! Not the sex though. Still telling myself I am in the dark on that one. Did I mention a psychic told me it was a girl? So now I have opinions on both sides of the issue.

4. Starting prenatal yoga this week. K is insisting on taking it with me, though I think she will be really bored. (Her usual regimen is bikram yoga.) I'm going to call yoga studio and ask if it is okay for her to take the 6 week series with me, which she is so intent on doing. I doubt there will be any husbands there but maybe okay because she is also a woman? We'll see. They do a lot of birthing education in the class too and that is partially why she wants to come.

5. Swimming is going well. I love being in the water.

6. My stand up desk is starting to be not so great for me. So I got a table to sit and work at too.

7. They've already hired the replacements for my maternity leave, and they will start early so I can train them. They are splitting my role in two and this is maybe a good thing because then perhaps I can come back part time and do only half of my job.

8. My mom had foot surgery so I'm sending her a care package today. I bought her some kitchen gadgets, something we both love, and K roles her eyes at me for loving things like that and adding more random things to our kitchen.

9. Speaking of kitchen gadgets, got a Vitamix from my wedding registry! Love mixing things and today I have a homemade hummus. Will be great for making baby foods in the future.

10.  It is tourist season here and it is freezing cold in Monterey. Again, I welcome anyone who is tired of the heat and wants to freeze their butts off to come visit. I see tourists running around in shorts and Monterey sweatshirts that they had to buy in tourist shops. Yesterday I approached one of them who threw his cigarette but on the ground and said, Hi, welcome to California. We don't through our cigarette butts on the ground here. He then put it in the trash that was right next to him. That is one thing I hate about tourist season - people who litter the beach! Drives me crazy!

M&K met 8/2002 married 6/2012
    TTC with RE since March 2012
    3 missed O's, 6 IUIs = 1 BFP then 8 w M/C, 5 BFNs
    (2 unmedicated IUIs, 2 clomid IUI, 2 femara IUI)
    Shared maternity/partner IVF, transfer #1 BFP!
    EDD 11/28/13
  • 1. Yay for 2Mamaz's FET! As she mentioned our weather has been amazing!

2. Time is flying by. My boards are in 2 weeks and baby can come anytime between then and 6 weeks from now. 

3. We have an appointment with the adoption paralegal today to get things in order for C's second-parent adoption. 

4. My nana arrives tomorrow night for a week. I look forward to spending time with her and hopefully doing a couple sewing projects (crib skirt, curtain tie backs, mama cloth).

5. Our friends are hosting a baby party for us on Saturday. It's just a big community celebration at our house and should be fun!

6. All of my spare time is devoted to studying for my LC exam, exercise, rest and baby prep (including tons of appointments).

7. I need to give our dog a spa day (nails and bath), then get lunch before I meet a friend and the one year old she nannies for a walk.

8. I'm not sure what to make for lunch. I need to get better about meal planning.

9. Speaking of, I want to do some freezer meals and we have a MealBaby set up, so hopefully the food situation postpartum won't be too challenging. (It already is a bit with my being vegan and C not.)

10. Off to be a doggie beautician. 

Met 07/07/05, Wedding 07/07/07, Legal Marriage Ceremony 12/9/12, Baby Boy Born 08/09/13 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagemollykelley:
    image2MamazInSeattle:

1. I am counting down to Thursday for our FET! It seemed like 100 years away for so long, I can't believe it's actually here!

Woohooooo! Yay 2mamaz!!!! I've got everything crossed for you! And sending big hugs!

Thank you thank you!!! :) Appreciate all the good energy! xo

June'12 - First RE Visit
    Jul '13 - FET#1 - c/p
    Sept. '13 - FET#2 - BFN
    Dec' 26, 2013 - hb!!

imageimageimageimage

• imageJoySeattle:

1. Yay for 2Mamaz's FET! As she mentioned our weather has been amazing!

3. We have an appointment with the adoption paralegal today to get things in order for C's second-parent adoption.  

Thanks for the luck! Good luck on your boards!! :)

I'll email you about who you used for the second parent adoption - definitely curious the route you ended up taking!

:)

June'12 - First RE Visit
    Jul '13 - FET#1 - c/p
    Sept. '13 - FET#2 - BFN
    Dec' 26, 2013 - hb!!

imageimageimageimage

• 1. I can't believe I'm getting to TTT this early in the day!! Yay for Kaden's second nap of the day.  It's on the earlier side since he woke up at 4:30ish am.

2. Feeling crampy which makes me nervous, I've had a super short luteal phase last cycle and I'm hoping this cycle it rights itself, but every twinge has me worried AF will arrive too early.  Sigh. I wish "wishing" would make my body listen.

3. I can't believe we're filming next week.  The part of me that was nervous and obsessed with having our house perfect has thrown in the towel. We're out of money and I just can't worry about making everything perfect, it'll have to be good enough as it is. 

4. EV is in the upstairs flat painting the last of the bedroom furniture. It came our great - I love it!! I told her we need to duplicate our efforts when we get back to the states.

5. We had a long talk after Kaden went to bed last night about our house here and our life here and what direction we need to hone in on. We've spent all the money we can afford to on this house and although there are other projects we'd like to do I think we will have to wait for the time being.  It's tough since we're not working right now and our income is fixed.  I feel a certain amount of anxiety about how this will all turn out, but we knew the risks going into it.  Our focus now is getting the upstairs flat rented out as either a long or short term rental.

6. EV is planning on coming with me to CA for our TTC efforts in August. I will be super grateful and excited to have her along.  Not to mention someone to share the efforts of holding a wiggly one year old on our flights.

7. I wish I could find Vitex and B vitamins on the island. I am going to go on a mission to various pharmacies tomorrow.

8. Our friends are in the process of packing up their apartment to move here in the middle/end of August. I can't wait!!

9. We need a babysitter for several of the filming days, as of yet we haven't found one. It's tough because I want to be picky but time is running out...

10. I have been weaning Kaden slowly but surely to help lengthen and even out my cycles. Today he was not very happy about it, but most days he is down to nursing 3-4 times per day.  Fingers crossed it helps.

• 1) My RE called.  I was supposed to have an appointment with him on Thursday but he's canceling on me because his was is having surgery that day.  I was on the fence about seeing him in the first place because his office is an hour away from my house.  I have an OBGYN down the street willing to do the insemination with a trigger shot.

2) I also read bad reviews about him so I admit, I'm kind of relieved.  I'm going to give my OB a shot to see if the IUI works with his timing methods over the next 2 or 3 months.  If it doesn't work, I'll keep my rescheduled appointment at the end of September.

3) I'm really moody.  And crampy.  I'm 16 days past when I SHOULD have had my period and now I have these mild cramps and brown discharge (likely old blood that never came out during my missed cycle).  I wish I understood my body better.  I can't do my first IUI until I have my period, and only then can I plan it.

4) Why is it so hot out?  When did summer become so unpleasant?

5) I'm the MOH for a wedding this weekend.  I'd thought maybe I'd have done my first IUI before the wedding and that I wouldn't be able to enjoy the open bar.  I suppose a higher power out there wanted me to have a last hurrah?

6) I really want to climb into bed and not get up for a week.

7) I'm turning 31 in a week.  The only thing I really want to do for my birthday is get a bowl of Baskin Robins ice cream so I can get my picture taken with the 31 logo.  I've been planning this since I got my summer job there when I was 16.

8) Because my DP is super sweet, she's taking me on a romantic getaway for my birthday and I get a facial of my choice :) The facility has an outdoor infinity pool.  I'll probably be so relaxed that AF will come with a vengence and rain on my parade.  But then at least I can plan my IUI, so I will nonetheless be happy.

9) I'm broke as a joke right now.  Oy.

10) I'm doing well on my diet and lost a pound this week - woot!

• PS - Congrats, 2Mamaz, on the FET!!!  Sending you lots of baby dust and positive vibes.  Keep us posted!
  • imageKH826:

7.  I saw pictures from that ridiculous event (see #6) yesterday, and I was totally disgusted with myself. I think I have been in serious denial about weight gain, and that was a wake up call. I have gained significant weight since starting TTC, and it makes me very sad. I worked my butt off 3 years ago to lose 109 lbs, and it changed my life. I kept it off completely for 2 years, and then we started trying to get pregnant... I think part of it is stress, part of it is the meds, and part of it is just not making good choices, but I need to make a change b/c I am not about let myself get back to where I was before my weight loss. I cried about it a lot yesterday. Today I am more angry about it. It was like it just snuck up on me and I didn't realize what was happening until it was noticable.

8. RE: #7 - I need to try to find a healthy balance to lose weight and TTC... my next IUI will be in just 2 or 3 days, so it is hard to think about kicking off a big diet and exercise regiment now... I don't know what to do other than feel gross and hopeless about it.

9. I know I am too hard on myself, and I know that to many people my weight is not even an issue, but I worked SOOO hard and I really liked myself for the first time (in terms of physical appearance) ever when I hit my lowest weight. OK, I am done talking about this. I just needed to vent, because I am currently obsessing over this.

KH, I can totally empathize with this.  I lost 85 lbs about 2 years ago, partly just to be healthier but partly to help me get pregnant more easily/have a healthier pregnancy (so much for that!).  I started TTC about 2 months after hitting goal.  I was able to maintain my weight for 6 months -- and I think I probably would have made it longer if I wasn't TTC -- but between the stress, feeling weird about exercising during the 2ww, feeling like I couldn't limit my calories too much during the 2ww if my weight went up and I needed to cut back, etc, the weight crept back on.  Add in IVF (BCP made me hungry all.the.time and I couldn't exercise AT ALL during and after stims), 2 pregnancies, 2 miscarriages and depression, and I am now 35 lbs over goal.  It SUCKS.  And sometimes I HATE myself for it.  I do try to remember that I've been through a lot, but it's hard to know you're losing something you worked really hard for.

9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
    *Everyone welcome*

• Thinking of you 2mamaz!!!

1. Today was the first day since I was 40 weeks pregnant that I've worn make up. It was only for a short outing to get some groceries with V's mum, when we got home I wanted to go out again even though my incision hurt because I felt like I was wasting the make up. How parenthood had already changed me! I used to hardly ever leave home without make up on.

2. Dare I say, parenthood is going quite well so far. V is fantastic, she wakes up for most feeds and winds him and dies a 'wake and shake'dance with him so that he wakes up between boobs.

3. I was worried that with me having a cesarian section that my milk wouldn't come in but its going well so far.

4. I am starting to pump so that we can alternate feeds soon, I also want to hasn't a good stash of milk for daycare in a couple of months.

5. V and I are taking 12 weeks off of work together and so far its going well.
    6. I'm wondering how long it'll take me to get back in my pre pregnancy jeans. I'd really love to be able to wear my autumn clothes when I get back to work in september.

7. Our little man's umbilical stump fell off yesterday so today we're going to give him his first proper bath.

8. I never believed that new babies go through 12 diapers a day. Its crazy how they do though!

9. I found really cool, environmentally better disposable diapers from a company called the honest company. Our daycare won'taccept cloth diapers so we'll buy our daycare diapers there.

10. Ouch. My boobs really hurt.
    IUI #1 - 10 April 2012 unmonitored and unmedicated with RE 
    IUI #2 - 05 May 2012 unmonitored and unmedicated with RE 
    IUI #3 - 05 July 2012 unmonitored and unmedicated with RE 
    IUI #4 - 30 August 2012 medicated and monitoredLetrozole and Ovidrel Trigger 
    IUI #5 - 27 September 2012 Letrozole 
    BFP! 9 October 2012 Betas:- 12DPO 16; 16DPO 96; 18DPO 315

Baby Alarico born on 28 June 2013!!

• 1.  First day back to work since track out!  :(

2.  Visit with the gyno went well today!  Upped my metformin and said congrats to me for loosing 7lbs.

3.  Just found out my closest friend at work's husband was arrested for possession of child porn!  :(  She is now going through divorce.  Said she had no idea.

4.  Dogs are freaking out over a thunderstorm and are curled up around my feet.

5.  I sure miss my mom.

6.  Sarah has pool league tonight so I am home with the animals.

7.  Next week is IUI #4.  I had always said from day 1 that our baby would be from IUI #4...so I sure hope I am right.

8.  All I can think about is this baby!

9.  Going to a baby shower on Friday!  :/....trying to be happy for her, but she didn't mean to get preg. and didn't really want another baby...and here we all are TRYING to have babies!

10.  Wondering what a good "push" gift is for Sarah...I was informed she expected one....hmmmm 

10 medicated IUI's (3 with injectables). 
    IUI #1 (medicated) Jan. 2013-BFP!!!!- Beta's didn't double, MTX shot for possible ectopic.
    8 IUI's between April 13-April 14 = BFN 
    IUI #10 and final before IVF, injectables May 2014- BFP!!!!  TWINS!!!!

7 week ultrasound showed 2 wonderful heartbeats!
    8 weeks to the ER with vaginal bleeding while on vacations!  Diagnosed SubChorionic Hemorrhage.  Babies are both great.
    9 week ultrasound showed both babies are still great.
  • 1. Wrote my 10 things earlier today at work from my phone when I needed a break, but it didn't post.  Oh well.

2. Yay 2Mamaz!  Excited that you are able to take this next step.  Positive thoughts for you!

3. KH, glad acupuncture is going well.  If nothing else, hopefully the time you spend there gives you some time to decompress (since there's not much else you can do with needles sticking everywhere!).  I don't know if your acupuncturist told you, but the treat they do on the day of the IUI is a lot more needles in a lot more places.  In my experience at least. Doesn't hurt, but surprised me the first time. :)

4. Didn't know there was another vegan on the board until I saw Joy's TTT.  Z isn't vegan either, but since I do pretty much all the cooking she eats vegan primarily.  Glad I'm in a relationship with an adventurous and healthy eater.  

5. Speaking of cooking, this is week 2 of my back-to-cooking spell.  Z is very happy.  We were eating lots of sandwiches for a few weeks there. 

6. Had lunch with my old boss who recently retired.  It was nice to see her so relaxed.  She certainly deserves it.

7. It's raining in Texas!!!  Which has also brought on a kinda-cold front.  It's been nice.

8. Love the dresser we bought for little one's nursery.  It's a vintage dresser painted yellow and grey.  It was an Etsy find and I love it.

9. Wish I were crafty enough to find a dresser on Craigslist and refinish it myself, but I'm not.  Oh well.

10.  Z just got home and dinner just got ready.  Time to eat! 

• KH826KH826 member
    imageball.and.chain:

KH, I can totally empathize with this.  I lost 85 lbs about 2 years ago, partly just to be healthier but partly to help me get pregnant more easily/have a healthier pregnancy (so much for that!).  I started TTC about 2 months after hitting goal.  I was able to maintain my weight for 6 months -- and I think I probably would have made it longer if I wasn't TTC -- but between the stress, feeling weird about exercising during the 2ww, feeling like I couldn't limit my calories too much during the 2ww if my weight went up and I needed to cut back, etc, the weight crept back on.  Add in IVF (BCP made me hungry all.the.time and I couldn't exercise AT ALL during and after stims), 2 pregnancies, 2 miscarriages and depression, and I am now 35 lbs over goal.  It SUCKS.  And sometimes I HATE myself for it.  I do try to remember that I've been through a lot, but it's hard to know you're losing something you worked really hard for.

Thanks - it is a small comfort to know that others can empathize with this. I feel badly complaining about it, because it feels like my own fault... But also because I know I am not at an unhealthy weight right now ... I am fuller and curvier and have a little bit of a tummy creeping back in, but I am average now, I suppose.... I just fought so hard to be thin, that losing that before even getting pregnant feels like a failure, and I know if I was pregnant (even newly pregnant) I wouldn't care... But since I am not, and don't know when I will be, it is scary... 

Anyway, thanks for relating and letting me know I am not alone with this particular struggle :)  

Fresh IVF Cycle in September 2013 resulted in 18 mature eggs, 16 fertilized, 12 made it to day 5. Transfer of 2 Grade A blastocysts on 9/15/13, and 10 embryos in the freezer!      *****BFP on 9/25/13 - betas: @10dp5dt = 232; @12dp5dt = 465; @15dp5dt = 1,581   *********William George born June 4, 2014*********
  • KH826KH826 member
    imageATXmommas:

3. KH, glad acupuncture is going well.  If nothing else, hopefully the time you spend there gives you some time to decompress (since there's not much else you can do with needles sticking everywhere!).  I don't know if your acupuncturist told you, but the treat they do on the day of the IUI is a lot more needles in a lot more places.  In my experience at least. Doesn't hurt, but surprised me the first time. :)

I did not know that! Thanks for the warning! No smiley face on my OPK yet, so earliest the IUI will be at this point is Thursday, which makes me happy because my acupuncturist isn't there on Wednesdays, and I didn't really want to see someone else in his office for my after IUI session. I will let you know how it goes... 

• image2MamazInSeattle:
    1. I am counting down to Thursday for our FET! It seemed like 100 years away for so long, I can't believe it's actually here!2. I am super grateful to everyone here, you've all helped me deal with my loss and have hope for this baby. So, thank you :

2mamaz!!!! I'm so excited to see this and I can't believe it's here already. I, too, have everything crossed for you for Thursday.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"