March 2014 Moms
Options

Calling all Teachers!!

I know we found out awhile back that there were a bunch of teachers expecting in March...and I wanted to do another GTKY

Will you be state testing when your baby is due?

Will you be able to take the rest of the school year off?

When do you plan on telling your Principal? And when will you tell your co-workers?

When does school start back up for you?

When or how do you plan on telling your kids?

Evelyn - 3/15/14

Re: Calling all Teachers!!

• Options
    DiMamaDiMama member

I will start!!!

Will you be state testing when your baby is due? We will be Sad

Will you be able to take the rest of the school year off? I'm hoping between maternity leave and accumulated leave days that I can take the rest of the year off.

When do you plan on telling your Principal? And when will you tell your co-workers? I will tell my P when we go back for inservice. Everyone else will wait until I have my 12 week appt.

When does school start back up for you? Aug. 13th for teachers - Aug. 19th with kids

When or how do you plan on telling your kids?I'm not sure...I'm waiting to hear from others Wink

Evelyn - 3/15/14

• Options

We do state testing in October, thank goodness! 

I could take the rest of the year off, but I think I will probably go back after 6 weeks. From what I hear babies are expensive  :) 

I plan to tell everyone when we head back. I am a special education teacher and have some pretty aggressive students, so I think it would be best for baby's safety if everyone knows.

Open house is August 29th and the first day back is the day after labor day.

I plan on letting the kiddos figure it out naturally. Most of them wouldn't understand anyways :)  

Believe it or not I am so ready to head back to school, I miss my kiddos.  

imageimageimage

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageDiMama:

I know we found out awhile back that there were a bunch of teachers expecting in March...and I wanted to do another GTKY

Will you be state testing when your baby is due? Yep. It's the week my home room is supposed to take HSPA

Will you be able to take the rest of the school year off? I plan on it

When do you plan on telling your Principal? And when will you tell your co-workers? I don't have to tell my P because I'm in hs but I do have to tell my curriculum director. I will tell my co teacher very soon because it majorly affects his year as well.

When does school start back up for you? September 3rd

When or how do you plan on telling your kids? I figure it will become obvious and they'll start asking questions.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageDiMama:

Will you be state testing when your baby is due? Yes, I will probably be out for the March and May testing

Will you be able to take the rest of the school year off? hoping to or may go back for June

When do you plan on telling your Principal? And when will you tell your co-workers? Tell my principal when I go back and the rest of the staff at staff meeting... that is how our principal does it.  People are going to be shocked because we thought we were one and done.  And I am 37.

When does school start back up for you? Right before Labor Day

When or how do you plan on telling your kids? I don't :) They just figured it out last time.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Will you be state testing when your baby is due? Yes, but I'm a music teacher, so I just help with the testing...its a little different.

Will you be able to take the rest of the school year off?  I dont know if I want to.  Depending on when the baby actually comes, its only 2-3 weeks I would have to teach before summer break.

When do you plan on telling your Principal? And when will you tell your co-workers?  I'm going to tell my principals (I have two...I'm at two schools) when I am 10 weeks.  And my co-workers at 12 weeks.

When does school start back up for you?  School will start back up right when I hit 12 weeks (end of August)

When or how do you plan on telling your kids?  I haunt decided that yet....being a music teacher I have a lot of them :)

brideandgroom4 ceremony20 brideandgroom11

Married 9/8/07

BFP on 12/30/12, EDD 9/6/13, u/s at 8w no HB MMC 2/4/13

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imageDiMama:

Will you be state testing when your baby is due? Yep

Will you be able to take the rest of the school year off? Most of it- I'm on a year round contract b/c I'm an administrator.

When do you plan on telling your Principal? And when will you tell your co-workers? I'm hoping to wait till 14 weeks. We have 2 teachers who are also having baies in the spring. I think my news will Not exactly be cause for a happy dance. They"ll just have to get over it!!

When does school start back up for you? Kids come at end of August

When or how do you plan on telling your kids? they can just wonder why I'm getting fatter. 

photo 4ed88b49-c7fa-41ac-98ae-1e6d1a108e02.jpg 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickersimage
  • Options
    Will you be state testing when your baby is due? I teach 1st, so no state testing for me

Will you be able to take the rest of the school year off? I'm hoping to take the rest of the year off. Fingers crossed

When do you plan on telling your Principal? And when will you tell your coworkers? When school starts since I'll be 12 weeks.

When does school start back up for you? August 27th

When or how do you plan on telling your kids? I think I'll wait until I'm showing a lot and they start asking. Hoping to wait until after first report card conferences!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Will you be state testing when your baby is due? Yes, It is usually in April

Will you be able to take the rest of the school year ? Yes we are no longer allowed to come back mid marking period from what I understand in my new contract

When do you plan on telling your Principal? When is the bedt time?? probably soon after i return
    coworkers? After 12 weeks

When does school start back up for you? Sept 3 for teachers

When or how do you plan on telling your kids? When someone asks
  • Options

"I plan to tell everyone when we head back. I am a special education teacher and have some pretty aggressive students, so I think it would be best for baby's safety if everyone knows."....

I just wanted to tell you to be extra careful.  A very close friend of mine is a special education teacher in an AU classroom.  She was attacked 2 times by this student and it sent her to the ER with trauma to the baby.  She is now home on bed rest until her due date...Aug. 29th and was having contractions clear back in April when it happened.  Shes still having a horrible time.  

So please be careful, and consider asking to be moved from the classroom if you have aggressive students and put on a temporary assignment.   

10 medicated IUI's (3 with injectables). 
    IUI #1 (medicated) Jan. 2013-BFP!!!!- Beta's didn't double, MTX shot for possible ectopic.
    8 IUI's between April 13-April 14 = BFN 
    IUI #10 and final before IVF, injectables May 2014- BFP!!!!  TWINS!!!!

7 week ultrasound showed 2 wonderful heartbeats!
    8 weeks to the ER with vaginal bleeding while on vacations!  Diagnosed SubChorionic Hemorrhage.  Babies are both great.
    9 week ultrasound showed both babies are still great.
  • Options
    I teach Kindergarten so there is not the true high stakes testing, but we will be doing some testing in March and beyond.

I probably could if I don't plan on returning, which I'm debating about I may substitute teach in the Fall, but we don't have a paid maternity leave so it can be up to 12 weeks that we take.

When do you plan on telling your Principal? And when will you tell your coworkers?
    I will tell my principal when I have a viable pregnancy. Coworkers will probably just find out through the grapevine. I don't want to make a big deal.

Our monthlong training starts Monday and the kids come back August 19th.

I will probably wait until a kid or parent asks me.
    "Once you are real, you can't become unreal again.  It lasts for always." ~ The Velveteen Rabbit

*8.3.13*  mc @ 6-7 weeks {natural mc at 12 weeks}
    *3.14.14*  mc @ 5-6 weeks DnC {blood clotting disorder discovered}
    *8.7.14* mc @ 6 weeks DnC {uterine septum removed March '14)
    *3.17.15* mc @ 7 weeks DnC {genetic testing & meeting with a new RE in Jan '15}
    *8.31.16* mc @ 8 weeks DnC {genetic testing, new medications upon next pregnancy}
    *7.17.16* praying everyday for my rainbow baby {progesterone supplements, blood thinning injections}

• Options
    imageDiMama:
    I know we found out awhile back that there were a bunch of teachers expecting in March...and I wanted to do another GTKYp

I teach preschool special ed. But when we are due, we will be in the middle of transitions to kindergarten. I am already stressed about this.

Hoping to but if baby comes two weeks early like DS, not sure if it will work.

When do you plan on telling your Principal? And when will you tell your coworkers?

Probably once school starts. Or after labor day.

We start back on the 12th. Less than a month left. Mobile sad face.

When my belly gets bigger.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Will you be state testing when your baby is due? i teach at a catholic high school so we dont have testing but i will miss final exams.

Will you be able to take the rest of the school year off? I'm hoping to with all my sick days and leave. Nervous about depleting all my days.

When do you plan on telling your Principal? And when will you tell your coworkers? Going to tell my principal when I see her in aug and ill email or tell everyone at our in service since its only my 11 week at that point I doubt waiting a week will make much of a difference

When does school start back up for you? Teachers is day after Labor Day. Kids are the wed

When or how do you plan on telling your kids? Probably will project it for my upperclassman who I've had before and maybe nonchalantly mention it to my new freshman who don't know me yet.
    BabyFruit Ticker imageimage
  • Options
    MK1550MK1550 member
    I teach kindergarten, so we don't have state testing, but I'll miss at least one round of benchmark testing

I'm hoping to come back for the last 2 weeks in June

I will tell my principal when we start back to school since I will have just made it to the 2nd trimester. I'll probably tell coworkers around the same time

We start back the week after Labor Day

I'm not sure yet I don't plan to tell them right away, but I haven't given it too much thought yet
  • Options

my state will test probably again in the middle of may.

baby is expected in march, right before spring break.

i plan to take the rest of the year off for precaution purposes since i have been diagnosed with multiple sclerosis, plus 12 weeks runs 2 weeks before school ends.

not sure when to tell principal.  however, i plan to be 10 weeks when school starts. i teach an elective class, so something is going to have to be worked out.

we start in mid aug.

i'm not telling my students.  they are middle school so they will kind of figure it out when they see me grow.  i'm holding off telling folks because of history of losses, plus i'm 40 now and some folk ignorantly frown and/or joke about being older and prego. 

my kid goes to the school i teach at, so i am trying to assist her in all this as well. she already knows.

• Options
    imageDiMama:

No, I teach 3rd and we do state testing, but for whatever reason we do it in the fall.  (It makes NO sense.)

Probably not, but I'm hoping to do what I did last time around and do the last 2 weeks as half days instead of coming back for 1 full week.

When do you plan on telling your Principal? During inservice week.  And when will you tell your co-workers?  I'll probably tell my team and couple of better friends before the end of summer.

When does school start back up for you?  After Labor Day.

When or how do you plan on telling your kids? Probably after a month or so of school.  I'm thinking I'll do a math riddle and say how can my husband, son and I add to 4.   With LO #1 I was a little father along at the start of the year so I did it in my "get to know" me power-point.  After the pictures of all my pets I had coming soon and the ultra-sound picture.

This doesn't really fit a question. . . but I'm planning to go for my National Board Certification this year.   There is a group of us doing it.  So now I'm a little worried about getting all the work done before baby arrives.  (Although some of it I can do on mat. leave, but that'll be tricky with an active toddler and nursing newborn.)

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options

So I am not teaching right now, but I work for a non-profit that trains teachers, so I work on a similar schedule.

Will you be state testing when your baby is due? My new teachers will be in the middle of testing, but my program assesses teachers for certification, as well, and that will be taking place then, too,

Will you be able to take the rest of the school year off?  I plan to take off the rest of the school year, and am hoping to take off our 6-week training program that starts in June, as well, but I think that may be a stretch.

When do you plan on telling your Principal? And when will you tell your co-workers?  We have a conference in September, which is right about the time I hit 2nd trimester.  Since I won't be able to drink that should be a pretty good give away.  I'll probably tell my boss a few days before and everyone else at the conference.

When does school start back up for you?  I work in several school districts, so they start at different times, but most start in early to mid-August.

When or how do you plan on telling your kids? I may let my teachers figure it out on their own.  Or I may end up making an announcement at one of our meetings, but haven't made up my mind yet.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    hjw101hjw101 member

Will you be state testing when your baby is due? I'm due on March 22 and testing is over on March 15. I teach junior high special education so it will be a stressful tme. Although we do have parent teacher conferences on my due data.

Will you be able to take the rest of the school year off? Nope. I will have to go back for 13 days. I don't have enough sick days accumulated. 

When do you plan on telling your Principal? And when will you tell your co-workers? I will tell my principal within the first week of school. And then I'll tell my coworkers once I hit 12 weeks. 

When does school start back up for you? August 19th

When or how do you plan on telling your kids? When I was pregnant with my dd one of my students asked if I was pregnant and playing dumb I said "No, what makes you think that?" His response was"Because you are getting fat" ahh the honesty of junior high students. I'll let them figure it out on their own again this time.  

imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"