March 2014 Moms

What are you NOT looking forward to?

For th btdt moms or first timers that have heard horror stories what are you NOT looking forward to in your pregnancy?

I'm totally not ready for peeing my pants every time I sneeze or laugh too hard again. Or waking up at two am drenched in milk because I forgot to pump.
February 19, 2010- BFP! March 14, 2010- M/C January 17, 2011- BFP! April 26th, 2011- It's a boy! Due September 20, 2011 May 2, 2011- Confirmed Gastroschisis August 7, 2011- Labor begins August 12, 2011- Max is born October 4, 2011- Max comes home!

image image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: What are you NOT looking forward to?

• I agree with the peeing your pants thing...

my biggest fear more than what I'm not looking forward to, is bed rest. I have high blood pressure genetically and am on meds for it. Just hoping we can keep it under control throughout the pregnancy.  

• Heartburn all the time

Sleep deprivation, only now with a toddler that probably won't nap by then. 

• Loading the player...
  • Pumping at work for another year. The first few weeks postpartum.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • For me heartburn... I hate tums! And peeing on myself everytime I cough or sneeze or laugh!
  • i have to buy new uniform pants really soon and those things are like 73 dollars :(

Married 11/27/09 and TTC right away
    Dx: Complete septate uterus with cervical duplication, endometrial polyps, PCOS, endometriosis, hypo thyroid, luteal phase defect
    4 uterus surgeries to correct my complete septum and to remove polyps and 2 years of seeing the RE, medicated cycles and IUIs
    Baby 1 and 2: BFP 3/3/11 with 2 babies EDD 11/1/11, M/C 4/6/11
    Baby #3: 8/11 pregnant EDD 4/27/11 and m/c:(
    Baby #4: 10/12/11 BFP! EDD 6/16/12m/c 10/26/11
    Baby #5: 3/13/12 BFP! EDD 11/25/12 ANOTHER m/c :(

Baby #6: 2/14/13- BFP! EDD 10/24/13, CP 2/19/13
    Baby #7: 3/15/13- BFP! EDD 11/27/13, another CP
    Baby #8.  BFP 5/19/13 EDD 1/22/14. 8 was not our lucky number

4th septum resection on 5/31/13.
    Baby #9: 6/29/13 BFP. C section scheduled for March 5th!

My miracle baby was born March 5 at 9:33am. He was 8 lbs 12.5 oz and 21.25 inches long!

image"">

• imageLaurenAsh23:

I agree with the peeing your pants thing...

my biggest fear more than what I'm not looking forward to, is bed rest. I have high blood pressure genetically and am on meds for it. Just hoping we can keep it under control throughout the pregnancy.  

I 2nd the bedrest thing.  Terrified of it.  My manager does NOT like people taking time off and I know I have FMLA, but the rest is up to him.  He's been known to deny everything past FMLA time and people lose their jobs.

1st FET 2/14/2013 Happy Valentines Day! - BFN
    2nd FET 6/14/2013
    - BPF!!! -
    1st Beta:
    1046!!!!! - 2nd Beta: 2754!!!!!
    First u/s 7/11/2013 - TWINS!!! 120 and 124 heartbeats <3
    Second u/s
    7/29/2013 - wiggley babies! 178 and 184 heartbeats!
    Third u/s
    9/9/2013 - 157 and 161 heartbeats ... a BOY and a GIRL!!!! Cervix on the "shorter side" (3-3.3) - going to check again in 2 weeks.
    Fourth u/s 9/23/2013 - Baby A = 157 Baby B = 150 heartbeat. Cervix now 2.3-2.6 ... being referred to a MFM
    MFM Appointment 9/26/2013 = Both babies healthy, cervix now measuring at 4 - Playing tricks on me ... will follow up in 2 weeks.
    Cervical check 10/7 with regular OB - 2.1cm  --- going BACK to the MFM armed with ultrasound pictures from my OB of my cervix. *sigh*
    MFM Appointment 10/8 - confirmed my cervix at 2.1cm - putting me on Progesterone for a week.
    MFM Appointment 10/17 - Cervix unchanged! Keeping me on Progesterone - followup 10/29

photo e8294769.jpgphoto 3a44b450.jpg
    imageimageimageimage"">image

Everett Alan James (3lbs8oz) and Eliana Lee (3lbs7oz) born 12/28/13 at 30w6d!
  • jwls84jwls84 member
    During pregnancy I am not looking forward to Braxton hicks, mine started at 19 weeks last time and by 33 weeks I was on moderate bed rest. They say they are stronger and start earlier with subsequent pregnancies, I can't imagine!
    After baby I am not looking forward to no sleep lol and figuring out breast feeding. I hope it goes easier this time.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • As a ftm I'm afraid of the unkown. I'm also dreading my commute to school in the later months of pregnancy. An hour with no traffic can easily turn into two and a half with construction. I don't want to be stuck behind the wheel and super uncomfortable.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Make sure you are doing kegels regularly to help avoid peeing yourself. It is so important to keep our pelvic muscles strengthen before, during and after pregnancy.

I am not looking forward to
    PUPPS. I had a major breakout last time around the last 3 weeks. It was horrible, worse than labor and I had a 32 hr med free labor. There is no guarantee that I will get it again but I am not looking forward to the possibility.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm a btdt mom...i am so not looking forward to swollen ankles! It was soo bad with DD that I could barely walk!

But ibdi have a hilarious story to relate. I have a friend who has always been a sleepwalker. When she was about 8 months or so, she slept-walked her self into the living room and took a pee on her DHs lazyboy!  Payback! :-D

BabyFruit TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • hjw101hjw101 member

I agree with everyone and peeing! Every sneeze is a guessing game if their will be pee or not. 

I have a love hate relationship with pumping at work. I love that I get some moments of peace and quiet during the day (I teach middle school). But I hate missing lunch with everyone. In the end though its totally worth it knowing that I will be giving my baby the best nutrition possible. 

imageimage

• Hips being so sore I can't sleep in third tri.  The first couple weeks pp, when I'm excruciatingly exhausted and hormonal.
    Visit The Nest! Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I'm not looking forward to GD. Not only did the diet suck, but the insulin sucked and the stress sucked.

Also not looking forward to constantly waking up to pee in the middle of the night and then not being able to go back to sleep.

MPZ born June 2011
    TTC #2 ... Cycle 1-3: IUI = BFN | Cycle 4: IVF ... canceled but 3 snow babies
    Cycle 5: FET .. BFP! | EDD - 3/15/2014
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Not looking forward to morning sickness, not being able to bend over to tie my shoes or paint my toenails, shaving my hooha blindly, and along down the road sleep deprivation with a newborn AND an almost 3 year old.
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   image

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Kari~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

• imagejessie3686:
    Peeing my pants for sure. Also, hear that it can continue to be a prob post birth. Eek!

Another thing: any kind of sleep interference. I get mean if I don't sleep well.

I'm just going to say it: DS turned two years old and I still pee myself sometimes when I cough. Blah poor me!! I'm too young for that sh!
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   image

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Kari~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

• Sleeping at the end of the third tri and attempting to roll your belly over when you want to switch sides. Then attempting to fall back to sleep and realizing you have to pee so you get up anyway.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Birth! I think about it everyday!! I had a c-section so I am thinking that will be my path again but vaginal birth horrifies me. Also the thought of not being able to pick up DD for 6 weeks after birth breaks my heart 

• iEricaiErica member

I'm not looking forward to the day I have to stop running. It's my passion, and the thought of eventually stopping it sucks.

I'm also not exactly looking forward to labor and birth and all that.  I'm afraid of the unknown, and pain. 

• tallertaller member
    Not looking forward to the pain in my pubic bone. I walked around with a heated rice sock in my underpants the last 4 weeks of my pregnancy with my younger DD. The pain was excruciating.
  • 3rd tri heartburn and the 4 month wakeful period ugh.
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • The act of getting out of bed feeling like an Olympic weightlifting event.
    image image
    D: Born 7.14.11
    Baby #2: BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
    O: Born 3.2.14 (med-free!)
  • I'm not looking for to the heartburn! UGH! I would eat dry toast and have killer heartburn! I already pee a ton but I know it will just get worse...

• imageFarmBoysWife:
    imagelegallyginger:
    As a ftm I'm afraid of the unkown. I'm also dreading my commute to school in the later months of pregnancy. An hour with no traffic can easily turn into two and a half with construction. I don't want to be stuck behind the wheel and super uncomfortable.

The drive isn't bad when ku, but when you take longer drive it can cause more Braxton hicks. James always kept still while I was driving, but was active when I got out of the car.

That's good to know about the BH. I get lower back pain right now from the drive, even with a support pillow. I'm kinda nervous wondering if it might get worse. Then again, I'll probably have to stop halfway through to pee if I hit traffic. 

• The fear of repeat postpartum depression - it robbed me of really precious time with DD, i still get angry about it and i just want to do anything/everything that i can to minimize its effects if it rears its ugly head again. 
                                             Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker CafeMom Tickers
  • I never had an issue with peeing my pants when sneezing, laughing, coughing, etc.  I guess the only thing I am not looking forward to is having to pee 3x a night towards the end.  And I apologize if this comes across as rubbing it in or bragging, but I had an awesome pregnancy with Sunny and I am actually looking forward to every stage of the pregnancy, including L&D! 
  • Delivery!!! 4th degree tears with DS and I'm horrified it will happen again. It took over a year to recover with physical therapy yep down there. Oh and I definitely peed my pants a time or2!

• jwls84jwls84 member
    imagekerrymass:
    3rd tri heartburn and the 4 month wakeful period ugh.

OMG! 4 month wakeful period was horrible!!! My kid slept awesomely till 4 months and then didn't sleep again till 11 months!
  • imagejwls84:
    imagekerrymass:
    3rd tri heartburn and the 4 month wakeful period ugh.
    OMG! 4 month wakeful period was horrible!!! My kid slept awesomely till 4 months and then didn't sleep again till 11 months!

DD still isn't STTN. I have given up on ever sleeping again  

• imagejenniemac2000:
    Delivery!!! 4th degree tears with DS and I'm horrified it will happen again. It took over a year to recover with physical therapy yep down there. Oh and I definitely peed my pants a time or2!

Just curious. How does one do physical therapy down there?
    I had a second degree and it took almost a year for sex to feel normal.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Insomnia while chasing a toddler around all day, my in laws hovering after baby #2 is born and the actual delivery. DS's was short, but definitely not sweet (4 hours, but 2nd degree tearing, internal tearing and an episiotomy.. all med free!)!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Not looking forward to having poor/broken up sleep for the next few years...
  • Missing my sweet sweet sleeping time. :(
  • Starving in the third tri but not being able to eat more than 2 bites. Killer heartburn that keeps me up at night. 

I could also do without a 45 hour labor + 3 hours pushing that ends up In a c/s.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagerossandamber2013:
    I'm a btdt mom...i am so not looking forward to swollen ankles! It was soo bad with DD that I could barely walk! But ibdi have a hilarious story to relate. I have a friend who has always been a sleepwalker. When she was about 8 months or so, she sleptwalked her self into the living room and took a pee on her DHs lazyboy!nbsp; Payback! :D

What is btdt?
    Been Married Since 9.23.11 to the Love of My Life! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
    My Ovulation Chart
    || Ovulation Chart
  • imagefelly13:
    Sleeping at the end of the third tri and attempting to roll your belly over when you want to switch sides. Then attempting to fall back to sleep and realizing you have to pee so you get up anyway.

This exactly! And the horrible hip pain from constantly sleeping on your side.  

BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I'm not looking forward to the first few days of breastfeeding. It always hurts so bad those few days. So worth it after that though.
  • imagefelly13:
    imagejenniemac2000:
    Delivery!!! 4th degree tears with DS and I'm horrified it will happen again. It took over a year to recover with physical therapy yep down there. Oh and I definitely peed my pants a time or2!

Just curious. How does one do physical therapy down there?
    I had a second degree and it took almost a year for sex to feel normal.

I had exercises at home to strengthen the pelvic floor i couldnt even "squeeze" down there. Then 2x per week in the office and she manually stretched out my muscles in there. Painful and embarrassing but it helped.Sex is still not what it was but hey! We did it enough to make one more!

• Pregnancy:  I'm not looking forward to the 3rd trimester- not sleeping well, peeing all the time and inability to find shirts long enough to cover my belly.  I was all belly last time.  Seriously, I'm petite and short, wear a S normally and the L and XL maternity shirts weren't even long enough.  (I don't like when the panel shows, you're not supposed to see that IMO)

Post: Sleep. . or should I say not sleeping, but this time limited naps to the miraculous times that toddler and newborn are asleep at the same time.  Breastfeeding: Hoping it's easier and more comfortable this time around. Pumping: it gets old.

BabyFruit Ticker

• Lack of sleep is my biggest concern.  I am no fun to be around when I'm tired and I expect that I'll be tired a lot once the little one comes along.  I can currently sleep any time any where, so I'm hoping that it will mean I can sleep reasonably well when I'm HUGE, uncomfortable, and peeing constantly.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • jwls84jwls84 member
    imagejmk5287:
    imagerossandamber2013:
    I'm a btdt mom...i am so not looking forward to swollen ankles! It was soo bad with DD that I could barely walk! But ibdi have a hilarious story to relate. I have a friend who has always been a sleepwalker. When she was about 8 months or so, she sleptwalked her self into the living room and took a pee on her DHs lazyboy!nbsp; Payback! :D

What is btdt?

Been there, done that
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"