December 2010 Moms
Options

Another PT boys ?

Sit or stand?

Just curious.
imageimage

Re: Another PT boys ?

• Options
    When O first started PTing he sat but it really clicked after he started "peeing like daddy".

imageimage
  • Options
    Right now we are teaching sit, but once he gets the hang of it (and doesn't want to use the toilet as a water table) we'll likely go to stand.  He peed last night for the first time in the toilet, and did again at his grandparents' house today!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Lol we do all 3.... Sit, stand, "horsey" which is As way of saying he wants to sit on the toilet backwards or facing the tank. Sometimes we start as standing and then he says he wants to ride it instead. Using the bathroom has never been so entertaining as watching him pick a method.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We started out sitting, but now we have him stand.  He needs a step stool to pee at our potty because it's really tall.  When we go out I usually have him stand on the toilet rim.  It's pretty gross, but it's the only way I can think of to let him stand at a public toilet.  DH lets him stand on his shoes, but I only wear sandals during the summer and that hurts!
    I used to be a big deal.  Now I'm just old. 
  • Options
    We're sitting until we figure out the pee/poop difference.  The last thing I want is to clean up poop off my bathroom floor because he got confused.
  • Options
    lrn327lrn327 member
    Definitely stand - that was our potty breakthrough actually.  He was a bad spraying when first learning to sit and would get so upset that he'd just stop peeing and then go later in his diaper.  So, he started the standing at DC and PT'd really, really fast after that.  When out and about, DH kind of holds him in the air to pee but I also hold him standing on the rim like Halo does.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Whatever he's in the mood for, lol.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

We have only done sitting and that's all I plan to do for a long time.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"