May 2013 Moms

Another burping question

When LO is wide awake for burps, he insists on lifting his head the whole time, but then he head butts my jaw or my collar bone a lot. It hurts me, but he doesn't seem phased.

Since one hand is holding and one is patting, I'm having trouble avoiding it.

Normal part of learning head control, or am I doing something wrong?

Re: Another burping question

• delinodelino member
    My girl does that too. I've been head butted many time. Sitting her up and trying to do it is worse because she's all over the place. I can't imagine there being a way to control it.
    3 ectopic pregnancies (EDD's 1/30/12-tube removed, 6/2/12-methotrexate and 10/2/12-methotrexate)
    IVF and Natural FET resulted in BFN's and a hole in our wallets
    Natural BFP #4 on 9/7/12 gave us our miracle on 5/18/13
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • My little man does this too. He's clocked me pretty hard a few times. Doesn't seem to affect him as he continues bopping his head around.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Yup. My guy has taken to punching and smacking my face now too. lol
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • kmcd23kmcd23 member
    imageNJAZgirl:
    Yup. My guy has taken to punching and smacking my face now too. lol

Uh oh! Now I know what's coming next! Lol
  • I sit dd up on my lap. I lean her forward and hold her haw with one hand while I burp her with the other. Otherwise I'll her high enough up so she can easily see over my shoulder and not whacking my chin. Hope these ideas help.
  • imageJoelandmissy:
    I sit dd up on my lap. I lean her forward and hold her haw with one hand while I burp her with the other. Otherwise I'll her high enough up so she can easily see over my shoulder and not whacking my chin. Hope these ideas help.

That's what I do.  I lean her forward enough to where she's still sitting up to get a burp out, but if she throws her head back, I can easily catch it.  

• MrsRKJMrsRKJ member

imageJoelandmissy:
    I sit dd up on my lap. I lean her forward and hold her haw with one hand while I burp her with the other. Otherwise I'll her high enough up so she can easily see over my shoulder and not whacking my chin. Hope these ideas help.

I do this too.  However there are times I'll put him up on my shoulder and get whacked.  In fact I got a nice head butt to the cheekbone earlier today.  It was so hard I thought I'd have a bruise!  It didn't seem to faze LO at all.... 

Welcomed our baby boy Henry on March 15, 2013 (7 weeks early!)

TTA until 2014

• kmcd23kmcd23 member
    imageMrsRKJ:

imageJoelandmissy:

I do this too.  However there are times I'll put him up on my shoulder and get whacked.  In fact I got a nice head butt to the cheekbone earlier today.  It was so hard I thought I'd have a bruise!  It didn't seem to faze LO at all.... 

I do the lap one as well, but I find I have to change it up to always get a burp. Sometime one works, sometimes the other.
  • pnutgpnutg member
    I'm always being head butted.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I've started burping her on my shoulder now it seems easier. Also leaning back a bit makes it harder for them to do that cause you have gravity on your side a bit more.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"