Trying to Get Pregnant

GTKY: Would you want to know?

Just curious..when you get pregnant do you plan on finding out the sex right away or being surprised at delivery. I was thinking about this the other day because DH says he wants to be surprised. Being the impatient person that I am, I just about fell over when he said that. I couldn't see myself waiting that long. To me knowing the sex of your baby is so important. Ofcourse technology has only made this possible in recent years, so I know that women have done it before but I just..couldn't. Lol. What about you? Would you want to know?

BabyFetus Ticker

Savannah Mommy and Daddy can't wait to meet you.

BabyName Ticker

Re: GTKY: Would you want to know?

• I'm not going to find out the sex, we don't have a need too. It'll be a fun surprise and I can plan for a baby without knowing if it has a penis or a vagina.

"Your truth is different from my truth, and we're both right."

TTC since March 2013. BFP 4/13/13, blighted ovum discovered 6/6/13, m/c 6/8/13.

BFP 11/10/13, EDD 7/25/13 - stick little owlet!

BabyFruit Ticker

View Full Size Image

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• DW and I (if we're lucky enough to get pregnant) will be waiting until delivery. We have seen people reveal gender and then they are bombarded with pink or blue crap, judgments on name choices, etc.

We won't force our kid to wear pink or blue, regardless of gender :) 

TTC our first. Married to, and madly in love with, my beautiful wife. Living with our fur baby and enjoying 19 nieces and nephews. 
    • DW and I have been tracking, preparing, getting medical testing since January 2013.
    • First Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm 08/02/13: BFN
    • Second Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm 09/11/13, 09/13/13, 09/15/13: BFN
    • Third Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm: 10/13/13, 10/15/13, 10/17/13, 10/21/13: BFN
    • January 2014: Sonohysterogram shows excellent lining & tubes have no blockages
    • Fourth Cycle:  Monitored clomid cycle  w/ ICI's at home: 1/24/14 and 1/25/14. Ovulation verified:  BFN
    • Fifth Cycle: 02/2014 Femara 5mg with ovidrel trigger CD14: BFN
    • Taking a few months off to evaluate if we want to keep trying

• Loading the player...
  • C0602tC0602t member
    It will be our first child so we will find out ASAP! I always said if I had 3, a girl and a boy already, I'd be surprised with the last. My husband wants to be surprised with all our children but I just can't!!! My best friend is 21 weeks pregnant and she's waiting until the birth. I am planning her shower so it's just pink AND blue! She swears it's a boy, but I think it's just because she already has a girl. She was going to do a gender reveal party but I convinced her that if you're going to wait you may as well wait the whole time for a truly bigger reveal!
  • I did with DD, I thought about going team green this next time around but I think the curiosity will get to me. 
    **~Future Mama to my June "Sprout"~**
    EDD- 06/13/2017
    **Stinkerbelle-8-27-10 * Mr.P's 2nd Mama 7-27-07**
    TTGP's 2013 Sweetest Bumpie <3 

• imageC0602t:
    It will be our first child so we will find out ASAP! I always said if I had 3, a girl and a boy already, I'd be surprised with the last. My husband wants to be surprised with all our children but I just can't!!! My best friend is 21 weeks pregnant and she's waiting until the birth. I am planning her shower so it's just pink AND blue! She swears it's a boy, but I think it's just because she already has a girl. She was going to do a gender reveal party but I convinced her that if you're going to wait you may as well wait the whole time for a truly bigger reveal!

I bought DD duck themed everything before I knew she was a she. Yellows and greens.  

**~Future Mama to my June "Sprout"~**
    EDD- 06/13/2017
    **Stinkerbelle-8-27-10 * Mr.P's 2nd Mama 7-27-07**
    TTGP's 2013 Sweetest Bumpie <3 

• I'd like to say we're going to wait. But I honestly won't be able to answer until I'm actually pregnant.

Me: IR-PCOS, elevated DHEAs, low progesterone, weak ovulation  DH: low volume, low T
    SHG 5/10/13: both tubes blocked; HSG 6/28 = Left tube cleared! Right blocked.
    BFP#1 7/20/13 EDD 3/30/14, m/c 8/19/13, D&E 8/21/13, Chromosomal results = normal, female
    Lap & hysteroscopy scheduled for 10/31, right tube cleared, no endo found! ...Happy Halloween!
    Cycle 14: Clomid (50)+ IUI = BFP! EDD 9/16/14~ Rowan Elizabeth born sleeping at 17w4d on 4/12/14 due to IC.
    ~There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world~
    New RE June 2014. RPL b/w - negative. SIS looking for uterine/cervical abnormalities & Asherman's 6/10/14 - ALL CLEAR!  
    Cycle 16: Natural IUI = CP, Cycle 17: Femara (2.5) + IUI = BFN, Cycle 18 Femara (5) + IUI = BFFN, Cycle 19: Break
    Cycle 20: Clomid (50)+ IUI = BFP EDD 6/20, transvaginal cerclage 12/19, Carson Quinn born sleeping at 16w3d on 1/6/15 due to IC
    Phone consult with Dr. Haney (Univ of Chicago) for transabdominal cercalge scheduled for 2/9/15.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams."
    image image imageimage 
  • I'm such a planner that I definitely want to find out. It will also help narrow name choices, which is nice. Plus I think it'll give us something to look forward to mid-way through and help break up the wait a bit.
    Me 31  <3  DH 34
    TTC #1 5/13 BFP #3 5/2/14 DD born 1/19/15
    NTNP #2 8/17 BFP 12/13/18 ED 8/21/19
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I have found out with both pregnancies so we both think it would be nice to be team green for the next one, especially since he or she will be our last. But I guess we will see how that works out when the time comes.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • We will probably find out early if we can. I think I'll be too excited to wait!

******************************************** siggy warning ******************************************

image image

Married July 2011 * TTC #1 since 8/12 * Me: 29 DH: 29
    21 Cycles TI: BFNs
    DX: Stage 2 Endo, uterine polyps and paratubal cysts removed
    2/14: IVF #1 Lupron Protocol = 12R/10M/9F, no frosties; transferred one 3BB blast = BFN
    4/14: IVF #2 Antagonist Protocol = 18R/16M/15F/6 frosties; transferred one 4BB blast = BFP!!
    Beta #1 (5/12) = 232 Beta #2 (5/16) = 886 Beta #3 (5/20) = 3168
    EDD 1/18/15 It's a BOY 

~~~~~~ All Are Welcome ~~~~~~

• imageMeatandBandP:

I will be surprised when I get pregnant and I will be surprised at 20 weeks when I find out the sex. I don't think its any less of a surprise if you find out at 20 weeks rather then when the baby is coming.

Plus, I'm anal and I want to be prepared.  

This exactly. We found out with DS too.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I will find out for sure.  I'm not a very patient person, I don't think I could pass up the opportunity to find out!
    BFP 12/30/12...MC 1/13...TTC again 6/11/13...
    BFP #2 9/28/13....EDD 6/7/14

imagephoto 1a59b4ac-19a8-49a0-9708-9916e05c4da6_zps5a5904c3.jpgimage
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • If it were up to my DH, we would have waited until delivery to find out. But due to the fact, I am the most impatient person ever, we actually paid to find out early. This next go around, I will also pay to find out early lol. 

• My DH and I think we want to wait till the baby is born. But who knows! We don't have any kids yet so we don't know for sure how we're going to act/think once we finally get that BFP! :]
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • mmb248mmb248 member

I want to know.  I don't think I'm going to be any more surprised at 40 weeks than I will be at 20 weeks.  But mainly, I have definite plans for a nursery based on sex, so I can't start decorating the nursery until I know!

Girl:

Perfect blue nursery for girl

Boy:

Alligator nursery blue, green, and white

imageimage
    Me: 33     DH: 38
    TTC since August 2011
    DX:  PCOS and subseptate uterus
    August 2013:  Clomid + Trigger + IUI TI = BFN
    September 2013:  Clomid + Trigger + TI = BFN
    October 2013:  Clomid + Trigger + IUI canceled
    November 2013:  NTNP
    April 2013:  Femara + Trigger + IUI = ???
  • We did not find out when we had DD and will not find out with any future children.  We knew from the beginning we wanted a big family so we knew we wanted gender neutral stuff either way.  Might as well reuse anything we can.  It was the best thing ever to hear 'it's a girl' from DH right before I held her. 
    Husband and Wife 2010
    DD 12.2010
    TTC #2 Since Aug 2012
    DX PCOS 7.25.13
    Started Metformin 7.2013
    DH SA results 6.19.14 - Too few normal sperm
    8.13.14 - SURPRISE BFP - EDD 3/30/14 Based on LMP
    MMC 9/24/14, D&C 9/25/14 13w3d, Measured at 7w4d

3.14.15 BFP #3 - EDD 11/11/15 based on LMP
  • With our first, I decided to let DH have the choice about whether or not we found out the sex, since I felt like I had a certain intimacy with what was going on (obviously), and I wanted him to have something.  He decided he wanted to know - felt like it would just make some things easier.  I was fine with whatever his decision was.

If we get pg again, who knows.  I guess we'll probably find out since we did the first time? 

Chat!                       General Cloth Diaper Information          
  • imageGoaliesWife123:

DW and I (if we're lucky enough to get pregnant) will be waiting until delivery. We have seen people reveal gender and then they are bombarded with pink or blue crap, judgments on name choices, etc.

We won't force our kid to wear pink or blue, regardless of gender :) 

You make a very good point! I would not want boatloads of pink or blue crap! 

• I am too much of a planner not to find out.  We found out with DS and I will with the next one.  A lot of people say, "wait, its a great surprise!"  Well its still a surprise on you 20th week of pregnancy.
  • I always said I would wait, but who am I kidding, I'm a planner! I agree that the surprise is going to be great no matter when it happens.
  • For DS1 I couldn't wait to find out.  20 weeks seemed like forever and I wanted to know NOW.  I thought about going team green for #2 but I know myself and I'll want to find out asap.

BabyFetus Ticker

• We found out with DS and plan on doing so the next time around. 
    TTC #2 Since October 2012
    BFP 11.1.12/EDD 7.7.13 MMC 12.4.12 D&E 12.10.12
    BFP 3.25.13/EDD 11.29.13 MC 4.6.13
    BFP 8.20.13 early MC 8.24.13
    BFP 9.20.13/EDD 6.5.14 Hoping & Praying this is our Rainbow Baby

• I want to know, DH doesn't.  We'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

imageimageimage

Trying to get knocked up since June 2012 ~ Dx: PCOS

BFP 7.24.13 ~ EDD 4.2.14 ~ m/c  9.16.13 @ 11w4d

BFP 5.4.14 ~ EDD 1.12.15 ~ stick little bean!

TTGP 2013 Best Blog ~ Fruit ~ My BFP Chart 

• imageMeatandBandP:

I will be surprised when I get pregnant and I will be surprised at 20 weeks when I find out the sex. I don't think its any less of a surprise if you find out at 20 weeks rather then when the baby is coming.

Plus, I'm anal and I want to be prepared.  

This is exactly how I feel.  

72614 1
  • Since its my fiance first child he wants tonknow the gender and I do too. I want my mom and my son in the room when the gender is revealed and well all have a special moment together. I kentioned maybe doing a gender reveal with everyone and fiance was against it
    IAmPregnant Ticker}
  • MrsRMLMrsRML member
    DH and I definitely want to know. It's still a "surprise", just a little sooner. IMO, it's easier to prepare and get an idea of who your LO is :
  • We are team green for now!  That might change, we don't know yet.
    TTC Since July 2012
    BFP #1 11/07/12   M/C 12/11/12
    BFP #2 2/23/13    M/C 03/6/13
                       BFP #3 9/2/13  EDD 05/17/14                     
    Amy Elaine Born May 2!

• We're going to find out because we want to know and we can. I like the idea of going ahead and calling the baby their name in utero, and DH thinks it will help him feel more bonded and a part of the experience.

But if baby is being difficult about showing the goods during the ultra sounds that are covered by my insurance, I'm not going to sweat it. We live in a loft, so there won't be a nursery to plan, and we're going to be crazy in love with baby either way.

• I plan on finding out. I don't have any great reason, other than it will help us narrow down names.
    Charlotte June, Born May 29, 2014
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I don't want to know but my DH wants to know. He can read the ultrasounds and can't keep a secret so I don't think I have a choice.

The way I look at it..... It will be such a blessing to have a child I don't care what it is. I already have the nursery picked out. It's grey and yellow. I love antiques so I was thinking incorporating lots of linen and lambs. My MIL is an interior designer and she's going to help me decorate it.
    Fucking bump!!!!
  • I found out with ds and dd1, but with dd2 the tech wouldn't tell us. She apparently had very strong feelings that people should be surprised. I still hate her. 

I do not do well with suspense at all. I want to know asap, and dh does too, so it works for us. It doesn't really change anything, I tend to go pretty gender neutral  with clothes, decor, etc. I just want to know.

image  image

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • We will definitely find out. I'm a surprise spoiling kind of gal when it comes to presents and secrets and whatnot, so there's no way I could keep this wait that long!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • With DS I couldn't wait to find out. When I get pregnant again I don't want to find out the sex, DH does. We will probably find out.

imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • I think we'll find out, because the curiosity will get the best of me. But we will probably keep it to ourselves for a while. It will be our first, and from my experience with my friends/cousins baby showers, if everyone knows what you're having you get a bunch of cute little outfits, but if it's a mystery then people will get you the more practical things on your registry. I'm thinking of doing a gender-reveal cake at the shower... But whenever I start thinking about it I force myself to stop because we've only been TTC a month and that's getting way too far ahead of myself...
  • I am up in the air about this actually.  Originally I had thought I was going to wait the whole 9 months and be surprised, but now that my best friend is pregnant I am so impatient to find out what it will be so I can't imagine waiting for my own!  It would be great to have a surprise, but it also would be nice not to have a bunch of gender neutral stuff.  I guess we will see when the time comes whether I have patience :)

"Worrying does not empty tomorrow of its troubles ... it empties today of its strengths"
    -Corrie Ten Boom

• We will be finding out the sex. I don't think I could stand not knowing.
    TTC since 10/11
    Me, 26- Normal. DH, 28- Low morphology (2-4%)
    August 2013 100mg Clomid+TI=BFP!
    Beta #1,2,3=136, 1351, 5328
    BabyFruit Ticker
    imageimage
  • I was Team Green for DS and I wouldn't have it any other way. The excitement of knowing that we were about to find out if we were having a boy or girl helped counteract the frightening experience of delivering almost 2 months early. I totally understand wanting to know, though.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Team sneaky. I want to know and dh doesn't. He told me the reason he didn't want to know is so he can announce it after the birth to our families. I want to get gender specific stuff since we're OAD. Sneaky is the best compromise for us.

Dx: Endometriosis (2010), PCOS (2013)

TTC since 8/2012

BFP 3/9/2014  Femara 7mg + trigger. EDD 11/20/2014

http://amycookiemonster.blogspot.com

• I'm torn. I think I want to know though.  I'm too big on planning, that I would want to know what type of nursery to design! 

DH: 34  
    Aug 2013 - SA: Counts & Motility = great, Morph = 1%; RE didn't seem too concerned

Me: 26
    Jan. 2014 - Blood work ordered by obgyn:  Prolactin = high & AMH = low (0.73)
    Feb. 6, 2014 - Repeat blood work ordered by obgyn:  Prolactin = normal & AMH = low (0.9)
    Feb.  20, 2014 - First appointment with RE
    Feb. 24, 2014 - HSG scheduled;  DX:  one tube definitely open & one tube could be blocked
    Mar. 7, 2014 - CD 21 Blood work for Progesterone; DX:  Progesterone level at 5.2; shows I ovulated but was low
    Mar. 28, 2014 - Laparoscopy; DX:  Tubes open.  Found some endometriosis and had that removed.

History:
    Started TTC:  June 2012
    June 2012 - March 2013:  When it Happens/it happens method = BFN
    March 2013:  Started using Fertility Friend
    Cycles 1 - 15 with Fertility Friend = BFN
    Cycle 16 - Benched due to Laparoscopy
    Cycle 17 - Natural Cycle = BFN
    Cycle 18 - Natural Cycle = BFN
    Cycle 19 - Natural Cycle = BFN

Current Cycle:
    Cycle 20 = Natural Cycle

• I will find out.  I will do a gender reveal.  My gender reveal get together was the BEST moment of my entire pregnancy with DD.  

Ella - 10/19/10
    Julia and Aubrey - 4/3/14

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"