November 2013 Moms

Nursery Set Up

Hi ladies! This is my first time posting, and I just wanted to say congratulations to all! I'm currently 22 weeks, and hubs and I are at the beginning stages of buying a house. Everything should be finalized and we should be settling in by late August-early September. I am freaking out because all I want to do is set up baby girl's room! As a teacher, ideally I would be spending my summer off organizing but theres really no point now that we're moving. My question is when do you plan on getting your nursery ready? 

Re: Nursery Set Up

• I am 21 weeks now and we are
    Trying to clean out the room that will be the nursery. It is now acting as DH office and a junk room to store all the things we have no idea what to do with since we just moved the end of last year and are still organizing. I can't do a lot of the lifting so I am at his mercy and he is in no hurry to clear that room out and it's driving me crazy! I just want to clean it paint it and pick out my nursery furniture! I already picked out my paint, a wall cling design and bedding!!
  • We are currently in the process of building a room to put the baby in. We're giving up our dining room. I'm so impatient to get it built but it will be mid-August before we can get it finished. We already chose paint colors and a theme but we are waiting to set stuff up until after the baby shower so we knew what we have and what we still need.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • chein1chein1 member
    My living room too! I've been using groupon like crazy so an entire wall of our living room is all baby stuff with nowhere to go...so glad I'm not the only one!
  • chein1chein1 member
    Exactly! I bought her bedding, we have furniture, I know what wall decor and paint color I want. I told hubs I don't care if we live out of boxes, I just want her room to be perfect! 
  • Welcome and congratulations!

SO and I are in the process of taking the wire racks out the master closet, repairing the walls from the racks, and painting it since the current paint is flat and shows a lot of marks. Then we are putting a closet organizer in there so he can move his things into the closet too.

Then we plan to set up the nursery closet to get things off of the floor. After we organize the closets, then (by about early August) we are going to paint. Finally, I have a friend and her boyfriend coming from out of town and the men are going to assemble the crib and finish setting the room up. I hope to be done with most of it by the middle of August. 

• We moved about a year ago and last Labor Day weekend I set up the nursery.  It's very neutral in theme and we knew were going to try to have another child and for my own reasons I just had to have it set up after we moved so it's basically done.

In memory of Corbin Scott 10/28/11-12/3/11. Heaven got another angel the night you left this world behind Heaven got a little better the day it took you away from me Missing you tonight, see you again sometime For now I'll close my eyes and dream of heaven tonight I'll love you forever I'll like you for always Now and Forever My baby you'll be

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

corbinsmommy.blogspot.com

imageimage

• I've just started but plan to be done by mid September. I've ordered a rug and I finally picked out bedding and coordinating fabric for the pillows and bedskirts that I will be making. DD will be sharing a room with DS and I'm going to get the room set up and transition her from crib to bed by mid September so she is used to her new room when DS arrives. He will room in with us for a few months so she'll still have time to adjust to having a brother before she has to share her room.

• We are giving one of our guest room beds to SIL, she isn't ready for the bed yet, DH let her know that the first week in August we would like to have the bed gone. Crib and chair are ready to go in room, walls are painted, I need to repaint the changing table my sister gave me so it matches the new stuff. I may skirt if rather than paint it, haven't decided. We have the bassinet sitting there waiting, and the portacrib. DH has work to do in that closet and has to get it cleaned out do it can be painted. And after Thursday, I can start buying clothes and registering for specific Items for a boy or girl. It is frustrating when you want to have it ready but depend on other moving pieces to be able to get it done.
  • I'm 24 weeks and so far we just have the room painted and empty. I put a bookshelf in there and filled it with books. Probably will not have it finished til September. We have picked out everything, but have not ordered yet.
  • NL105NL105 member
    We just started working on the nursery a couple weeks ago. We moved into our home last summer a couple months before we got married, and haven't used a couple of the bedrooms and the nursery was one of those rooms so it was a blank slate to start with which was good. So far all we've done is started painting, and assembled the dresser. The painting process is going very slow since we never feel like working on it after work during the week, and our weekends have been so busy. I've also ordered/ started working on (DIY) a few decorations for her room. Ideally I'd like to have the nursery complete by the end of September (due Nov 1), since I plan on working right up til I pop.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"