2nd Trimester

Maternity Jeans??

So I am just starting to realize that I may need to get some maternity clothes. Everything I own is just a little too snug for my liking. I'm looking on ebay to see if I can get some designer jeans for cheap, but I have no clue what size to get. I have already gained 7 pounds and am too lazy to go to the mall and figure out what size I should be now.

If you have bought maternity jeans did you go up 1 size from pre-pregnanacy or up 2 sizes? I used to be between 26&27 depending on the day... now I am thinking a 29 would be better. HELP!! I'm too lazy to get out in this rain and go to the mall. I am having one of those "must bid on them right now! moments". haha

Re: Maternity Jeans??

• Just order smalls but get longs because they seem to shrink!!! I was a 4 pre preg and the other day I went to put my 6's on which sit on the hip DONT BUTTON oh well I got this far! ?But the smalls are fine! I ordered mine online through Old Navy and Motherhood maternity online...They have dome good sales
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I am impressed that you made it to almost 18 weeks! I definitely will look for longer lengths. Too long is better than wearing high-water jeans.
  • Loading the player...
  • You can usually order the same size you wore pre-pg. ?They're made for your growing body, so I think they're a little bigger anyway.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I just bought my maternity clothes today from Motherhood and I stayed the same size in shirts and pants/jeans.
  • i'm normally a size 27 or 28.  i just bought !it Maternity jeans at Mimi Maternity in size small.  i think even with twins with the secret fit belly they'll carry me through...

i also like citizens of humanity jeans...i think order small or stick with the 27..but maternity sized.

• I have noticed that some can be high waters too.  After a few washes they get short. I haven't bought any real expensive ones yet, so maybe that is why.  I would just try on a few different brands and see which ones you like best.
    image imagePregnancy Ticker image
  • you should stay your same size in maternity because they fit your butt and thighs the way a normal size would except that the waist will adjust to your growing belly as long as you are only gaining weight in the belly and no where else. . . and if i were you, if youre going to spend money on designer jeans, buy the same size you wear now but get a bella band or use a string to tie them shut so then they wont be useless after the baby is born. haha
  • imagehisbabybear:
    you should stay your same size in maternity because they fit your butt and thighs the way a normal size would except that the waist will adjust to your growing belly as long as you are only gaining weight in the belly and no where else. . . and if i were you, if youre going to spend money on designer jeans, buy the same size you wear now but get a bella band or use a string to tie them shut so then they wont be useless after the baby is born. haha

Oh I got a bella band, but haven't used it yet. It feels weird to me. I definitely won't be spending much on designer jeans, that's why I am only looking on ebay!

• Buy the size you are currently wearing. If you think you'll be gaining quite a bit more weight I'd go up a size, just to be on the safe side. You don't want to grow out of mat. clothes!
  • Well you look gorgeous! This pic is me at 19... I wish I was tall...

Try old navy online. THey have a size chart

Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • I've never seen maternity in sizes other than Sm./Med./Lg.... If you were small before, you'll be a small in maternity (unless you've gained weight all over). Not all jeans are made the same, though. ON maternity runs bigger than Motherhood. Geez, even some of Motherhood's jeans run bigger/smaller than their other styles. You really should try some on.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I was a size 29 waist before getting pregnant... even though my friends toldme to order the same size in mat jeans, I didn't listen.  I bought a size 32 in Chip and Pepper's and they are WAY huge still.  I'm hoping that they will fit up until I pop in March, so I'm ok with them being a tad big, but honsetly I should have bought a 29 or a 30. The 32's are waaaaaay too big.

I also have a size 4 in Liz Lange from Target, and a size Small in motherhood maternity secret fit jeans, and both of those still fit great.  And they are cute, and were only $30 each.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I waited to buy designer jeans until 19 weeks. ?I bought 2 pairs of Paige jeans on-line at Bloomingdales. ?They were having 25% off maternity jeans. I didn't know my size, so that's why I bought 2 pairs and I returned the pair that didn't fit. ?I was a size 29 pre-pregnancy and I ended up with a size 30, so I went up one size. ?I wanted to make sure they didn't fit too tight and I could wear them through out my pregnancy. Good luck!?
  • get the same size you were pre PG
  • i just got a pair of citizens. I normally wear a 26 and I got a 27 and they fit great! I tried on a 29, but the lady at the store says they stretch a whole size, so I stuck with the 27 and I'm glad. They have definitaly stretched!
  • I have one pair of small maternity jeans that are still too big. I wore a size 26 before and my most comfortable jeans right now are my size 29 james unbuttoned with my Bella Band.
  • I usually wear 27 in Seven Jeans, and I just bought a pair of maternity 29s. ?They are fantastic. ?They are a bit big, but I wanted them to fit for as long as possible. ?
  • I have the Citizens of Humanity...I wanted the True Religion, BUT I couldnt bear to spend that much on jeans I cant wear for a long time. ?So...I went up a size. ?They are becoming a bit snug now, but in the beginning they were a little loose...so I would put in dryer for a bit. ?So...I woudl suggest going for a brand you own already (pre-pregnancy) bc you will know how they fit and see if they have prego jeans. ?Then go up a size or two. ?Good Luck! ?Nordstrom is where I got mine. ?Ok selection. ?Mimi Maternity carries alot too.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"