October 2013 Moms

I'm growing a giant.

My fundal height measured 29 today, it measured 27 a week ago and I'm only 25 weeks 5 days!  Baby boy measured 2.5 weeks ahead and his head is huge.  At least now I feel less crazy for saying I felt like I got huge overnight.  And I feel justified in the amount I eat.  LOL
My big boy is bounding towards 4! Baby brother coming in October!
Hipster dog is not impressed.

Re: I'm growing a giant.

• I am measuring a week ahead but to doc didn't seem to think that meant I would be delivering early.  Which is good because I think I need all the time I can get to move.
    image  image
    Baby Muffy Due July.8.2015!

• imagehas615:
    I am measuring a week ahead but to doc didn't seem to think that meant I would be delivering early.  Which is good because I think I need all the time I can get to move.

Just because you are measuring big has nothing to do with how or when you will be delivering. Doctors really don't worry about how big the baby is getting until you are well over measuring 4 weeks ahead. A week, even 2 1/2 weeks is nothing. Babies will go through growth spurts and your appt. just happens to fall during that time and the next time around you maybe be back to measuring right on time again.

I honestly, wouldn't put much stock in any measurements at this point. Because they are historically inaccurate.

DD#1~Emma Dawn 12/19/00 7lb 10 oz 21"
    DD#2~Daphney Mae 04/17/03 7lb 13oz 21"
    DD#3~Grace Deonea 05/20/10 8lb 2oz 21"
        DS#1~Brody Maxwell born 10/16/13 8lb 10oz 21"

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Yep- my little girl is measuring 31w and I am 27w! But my Dr said that baby girl should be about 8.5lbs if she continues to grow as she is. I'm not too worried about it yet.

Bison (FCS) beats Big 12 Champs Kansas St (24-21)!!!
    imageimage

• Ugh! My dr hasn't told me any of this information. What the heck!?
    Lilypie - (x1UE)                                               

photo f5b87909-fb54-49d9-91f2-1c11ca11c6c6_zpsb539db06.jpg 

• I'm not too worried about it yet, we've been measuring consistently ahead this pregnancy, this appt was with my MFM who sees me every 4-6 weeks in addition to my OB (I'm labelled high risk for a variety of reasons) so it's not just one measurement.  Hopefully his growth will slow in the next few months because I'm planning to try for a VBAC and a 9+lb baby isn't going to help my odds.  (My OB will let me try so long as baby and I are healthy, but I'm a small person and I am a little nervous about a big baby)
    My big boy is bounding towards 4! Baby brother coming in October!
    Hipster dog is not impressed.
  • imageSuzi-G-:
    I'm not too worried about it yet, we've been measuring consistently ahead this pregnancy, this appt was with my MFM who sees me every 4-6 weeks in addition to my OB (I'm labelled high risk for a variety of reasons) so it's not just one measurement.  Hopefully his growth will slow in the next few months because I'm planning to try for a VBAC and a 9+lb baby isn't going to help my odds.  (My OB will let me try so long as baby and I are healthy, but I'm a small person and I am a little nervous about a big baby)

My sister is 4'11" and had an 11lb. baby vaginally. The human body can do miraculous things. Don't get hung up on the weight of the baby.

DD#1~Emma Dawn 12/19/00 7lb 10 oz 21"
    DD#2~Daphney Mae 04/17/03 7lb 13oz 21"
    DD#3~Grace Deonea 05/20/10 8lb 2oz 21"
        DS#1~Brody Maxwell born 10/16/13 8lb 10oz 21"

• that is a legitimate growth spurt!  :)   great job, momma!  :)

imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers

BabyFruit Ticker

• Yeah, last week at my appt I measured 32 weeks while I was 29 weeks. Dr. said it was probably just a growth spurt. Made me feel a little better about gaining 7lbs in 3 weeks. Yikes!
    Anniversary

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• At 23ish weeks, Mister was measuring 26 weeks.  At 28 weeks, he's measuring right at 28 weeks.  I guess he hit a growth spurt in there somewhere. 

• imagejtothenel:
    Ugh! My dr hasn't told me any of this information. What the heck!?

Me too! My OB is pretty lousy at telling me things (have to push for specific details) but this seems like pretty basic information that most MTBs would like to know.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

image Visit The Nest!

• imagejtothenel:

Don't they measure you?  If they don't tell you, just ask.   

• imagepmarie33:

imagejtothenel:

My last appt was last week and all she did was measure my belly and said I am measuring fine and I am average.

:( Im going to have to get a list together and ask her some questions.

Lilypie - (x1UE)                                               

• imagepmarie33:

imagejtothenel:

My last appt was last week and all she did was measure my belly and said I am measuring fine and I am average.

:( Im going to have to get a list together and ask her some questions.

Lilypie - (x1UE)                                               

• I was measuring at 29 weeks when I was only 25 weeks as well! I'm interested to see what happens at my 28 week appointment!
    April2014 Siggy Challenge - Bunnies
    imageimageimage     
    imageimage

• I am not sure what my measurement was either.  She measured me for the first time today at around 28 weeks and just said that it looked good.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"