Trying to Get Pregnant

Telling The Hubs...

How do you all plan to tell your hubby when you get pregnant? I like to hear all of the creative ideas...

Re: Telling The Hubs...

• This will be baby number 2 for us. So I'll either just tell him right away, nothing fancy, or I'll go to party city while he's at work, get a couple dozen balloons in pastel colors, and put them on the ceiling throughout the house so that he comes home to a surprise.

ETA: it will likely be the former, because I won't be able to keep my mouth shut, but it would be so fun to make it a big deal.
    imageimage
  • cr230cr230 member
    At this point (currently on our  9th cycle and undergoing testing) - it would probably just be me telling him immediately because I will be so shocked when I actually see a second line. 
  • Loading the player...
  • C0602tC0602t member
    I've always just kind of pictured myself testing without him knowing, but while he is home, and bursting through the bathroom door with the stick in my hand screaming like a wild woman!
  • imageC0602t:
    I've always just kind of pictured myself testing without him knowing, but while he is home, and bursting through the bathroom door with the stick in my hand screaming like a wild woman!

That's kind of how it went with us the first time.  I ran out of the bathroom in the morning and ran up to him as he was coming up the stairs waving the test saying, "look, 2 lines!".  He was squinting in the dark saying, "what?  where?"

son#1 born 6/2010

son#2 born 4/2012

son#3 born 7/2014

• We are TTC #1 and I bought a dog collar that says "Big Sister" for our Boxer to prance around in until he notices! :)
  • I made him a little card its says "congrats fiance" on the front and inside it says
    "Baby last name will be arriving in approx 9 months"

Its small and I picture myself coming into his work and handing it to him then see his reaction as he reads it..
    IAmPregnant Ticker}
  • I bought my hubby a t-shirt that says "Daddy" on it and I plan to wrap it up and give it to him when we get ku.  I like to give gifts, so he probably wont think anything about it until he opens it.
    DX: Hashimoto's - August 2012

Me:30 / DH: 31

BFP#1 after 15 cycles on 12/1/2013 EDD 8/7/2014

Anniversary

• Last time I woke him up and stuck a pee stick in his face. Will probably do the same next time.

bfp#4 3/19/2014 edd 12/1/2014 please let this be the one!

beta @ 5w0d = 12,026! u/s 4/22/14 @ 8w1d it's twins!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I think I will get a shirt made that has the number 2 with an arrow pointing down to my belly, and then wrap the pregnancy test and have DS give it to him ;)

• The practical person in me hopes I can wait for a few days until I can get dr to test  (I have low progesterone issues) but I probably won't be able to keep it to myself!
    Me:34 H:33 
    Temping since Nov 2012, off BC since July 2011
    SA: Beyond Awesome
    CD3 BW (AMH:2.7, estrogen high:106) , low progesterone 7DPO
    OB diagnosed "weak ovulation"
    IUI #1 Jan 2014- 5mg letrozole, m/c 6w3d, betas slow to decrease
    IUI #2 Mar 2014- 5mg letrozole BFN
    IVF#1 Apr/May 2014 16R/12M/8F.  Transferred 2 blasts, 3 on ice

imageimageimageimage
  • I found out that I was pregnant with our son at 5:00 am the morning after receiving our poor SA results & our referral to a urologist & RE. I basically took the test because I was in denial that we were facing IF. I was shocked & woke my husband up screaming from the bathroom. It was an unforgettable moment.

Since we have been trying 8 cycles for baby #2 with no luck, I am sure that I will be equally shocked and excited, so I am sure I will just tell him asap. I plan to tell our immediate family by dressing my son in a big brother shirt and seeing how long it takes for them to notice.

imageimage

TTC #1 January 2009
    January 2010 SA results: Count 16 million, Motility 40%, Morphology 2%
    January 2010- Surprise BFP! DS born 10/1/2010 :)
    January 2013 TTC #2
    September 2013 Repeat SA: Count= 1.7 million, Motility= 24%, Morphology= 2%
    November 6th 1st Appointment with RE: diagnosed with severe MFI
    Testing to try to determine a cause & possible treatment for MFI
    CD 3 blood work for me. RE does not want to repeat my HSG/lap at this point,
    but may want to before moving forward with any fertility treatments.
    After seeing the uro, DH is currently taking lots of supplements and clomid to try to boost his count. We will have a repeat SA in February to see if it works.
    Follow up SA numbers are: Count= 4 million, Motility= 40%, Morphology= 1%
    Uro wants us to have another follow up SA 5/9 to see if we see further improvement than we are back to the RE to make a game plan.

SA 5/9/2014 Count: 12 Million, Motility: 60%, and Morphology 2%. We will be doing iui #1 in late June

IUI #1 6/28 clomid + ovidrel, post wash count 3 million total sperm= BFN

IUI # 2 7/21 clomid+ ovidrel. post wash count 900,000 total sperm= BFN

IVF planned for early November- cancelled due to cyst

December IVF #1- 22 eggs, 20 mature,16 fertilized

12/9 Transferred 1 4AA Blast, 6 frosties

*****Everyone is welcome******

• I came up with this last cycle when I had convinced myself that I might need a plan quick. I'm always nagging DH to put his dirty socks in the hamper and not leave them all over the bedroom floor. So I bought two pairs of teeny tiny baby socks, and I'm planning on scattering them on the floor next to the bed. Then waking him up or bringing him into the bedroom by telling him he needs to pick up his socks. I can't wait! :)
  • mmb248mmb248 member

I bought a onesie when we first started TTC that says, "Baby Makes Three" with three little ducks on it.  My plan was to wrap that up and give it to him, but I bought it almost 2 years ago, and I can't remember where I hid it.

imageimage
    Me: 33     DH: 38
    TTC since August 2011
    DX:  PCOS and subseptate uterus
    August 2013:  Clomid + Trigger + IUI TI = BFN
    September 2013:  Clomid + Trigger + TI = BFN
    October 2013:  Clomid + Trigger + IUI canceled
    November 2013:  NTNP
    April 2013:  Femara + Trigger + IUI = ???
  • imageelizabethb3:
    I came up with this last cycle when I had convinced myself that I might need a plan quick. I'm always nagging DH to put his dirty socks in the hamper and not leave them all over the bedroom floor. So I bought two pairs of teeny tiny baby socks, and I'm planning on scattering them on the floor next to the bed. Then waking him up or bringing him into the bedroom by telling him he needs to pick up his socks. I can't wait! :)

That is a super cute idea :) 

• I told my 1st husband on the phone. I literally said "I have something to tell you and no you can't come home from work... I'm pregnant." Romantic, right? His response was "are you serious?" Yep. Reciprocal romance.

The second time I was surprised to see the line after just a couple months of bfns so I came downstairs with the test and just blurted it out. It was a much sweeter interaction.

For number 3 I'm not sure what ill do yet. Probably get DD2 a "big sis" shirt and let her wear it until he notices
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imagedouglamj:
    We are TTC #1 and I bought a dog collar that says "Big Sister" for our Boxer to prance around in until he notices! :)

I love this bc we have two pups and a kitty that are definitely our first three "children." Although, I don't think I could wait until he noticed. I'd be all giggly and smiley and he'd know something was up! 

• imagedana2die4:

imageelizabethb3:
    I came up with this last cycle when I had convinced myself that I might need a plan quick. I'm always nagging DH to put his dirty socks in the hamper and not leave them all over the bedroom floor. So I bought two pairs of teeny tiny baby socks, and I'm planning on scattering them on the floor next to the bed. Then waking him up or bringing him into the bedroom by telling him he needs to pick up his socks. I can't wait! :)

That is a super cute idea :) 

Thanks! I was pretty proud of myself when I came up with it in the baby section of Target! Ha ha! 

• I'm going to wave the pee stick in his face.

imageimageimage

Trying to get knocked up since June 2012 ~ Dx: PCOS

BFP 7.24.13 ~ EDD 4.2.14 ~ m/c  9.16.13 @ 11w4d

BFP 5.4.14 ~ EDD 1.12.15 ~ stick little bean!

TTGP 2013 Best Blog ~ Fruit ~ My BFP Chart 

• One of DS's many nicknames is porkchop. My DH started this not long after he was born because he was a pretty big baby. I thought about having DS give him two toy "porkchops" (if they have them in the toy groceries) and reveal we have another coming. 

With that being said, I'm sure I will not be able to put all that together and just want to tell him so badly! So probably shove the stick in his face again like I did the first time. haha! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I think I was pretty creative with my first one, I gave him a onesie with the digi wrapped in it  

The second, I'll probably just run in the room and shout. LOL

• "Babe, I'm pregnant."

::throws confetti::

"Your truth is different from my truth, and we're both right."

TTC since March 2013. BFP 4/13/13, blighted ovum discovered 6/6/13, m/c 6/8/13.

BFP 11/10/13, EDD 7/25/13 - stick little owlet!

BabyFruit Ticker

View Full Size Image

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Some of these ideas are super cute! I think I will be so excited that I'll just wave the pee stick in his face, but I do have a plan on how I will tell my parents and in-laws: I want to get a 3 picture frame and take a couple shots of our beagle--the first panel he would be holding/chewing on a sign that says "guess what?" and the second panel would be the beagle and a sign that says "I'm going to be a big brother!" The 3rd panel would be an ultrasound pic, if I can wait that long to tell everybody!
    Charlotte June, Born May 29, 2014
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • zg49zg49 member

I decided before we were even married that if we ever got pregnant I would ask him to dance with me to the Creed song "With Arms Wide Open". DH has always been a big Creed fan and this song was written when the singer found out he was going to be a father. IF DH can't figure out the significance I'll probably start crying and just blurt it out but I want that song playing.

Or I may just freak out and wave a pee stick at him and then get upset for forgetting about the song and try to redo it. *ponders* Ya that sounds more like me.  

• imageteal owl:

"Babe, I'm pregnant."

Lol. 

• We are currently TTC #1 and I know want to do something special when we get pregnant. 

My husband isn't an "over the top" kind of guy and we aren't going to be telling anyone (families included) that we are pregnant till week 10-12 -- so, however I tell him had to be low key and only with him around.

I spent a lot of time thinking about how I would tell him.  I finally came up with my "plan".  Once I get a positive test -- if I can keep my excitement hidden and my mouth shut -- I will just go about my day like normal.  He works from 2 pm until 10 pm, so I plan to wait until he is home from work and we are doing our normal routine -- relaxing and watching TV before we go to bed.  Then I created a picture that I am going to text him to tell him.  

Here is the picture I created: 

Me: 30 Him: 33
    Married: August 2012
    BFP #1 9/2013 -- MC 10/2013
    DD: 9/22/2014

• This gets posted like once a week, go check one of the other posts with everyone's answer
  • I'm buying a Chicago Bears onesie that I'm gonna put away until we get KU. Then I'll probably either wrap it up and give it to him as a gift or hide it somewhere evident [like the fridge lol] and let him find it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageteal owl:
    "Babe, I'm pregnant."

Lmao this is great
    IAmPregnant Ticker}
  • imageMMason12:
    We are currently TTC 1 and I know want to do something special when we get pregnant.nbsp;My husband isn't an "over the top" kind of guy and we aren't going to be telling anyone families included that we are pregnant till week 1012 so, however I tell him had to be low key and only with him around.I spent a lot of time thinking about how I would tell him. nbsp;I finally came up with my "plan". nbsp;Once I get a positive test if I can keep my excitement hidden and my mouth shut I will just go about my day like normal. nbsp;He works from 2 pm until 10 pm, so I plan to wait until he is home from work and we are doing our normal routine relaxing and watching TV before we go to bed. nbsp;Then I created a picture that I am going to text him to tell him. nbsp;Here is the picture I created:nbsp;nbsp;

This is super cute!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I would tell you......if DH didn't lurk on these boards! :)

• I will be just that...giggly and smilely! I willprobably spill the beans before he see's the collar:)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"