Babies: 3 - 6 Months

What do you do inside while your baby is awake?

So we're looking at a string of 95 degree days here in NYC, and I'm already starting to get pretty bored at home.  Usually when LO is awake, we take long stroller walks somewhere in the city or sit in a park, but it's just too hot at the moment.

How are you guys amusing yourselves while also entertaining your baby, or at least not allowing them to languish?  My mom recommended saving all housework for when LO is awake so she can watch me do something, but we've almost run out of housework.   

Re: What do you do inside while your baby is awake?

• Same as the other ladies. My LO is happy watching me do things around the house. She'll watch me fold laundry, entertain the dogs, clean the house. Sometimes, I wear her while I clean for the extra work-out. While she sleeps or keeps busy with her toys, I sometimes come online and read up on ways to perfect our day-to-day routines. Learning is almost always entertaining!
    kikipete
  • Been staying inside with our heat wave here. I bring LO out for about 15 min to play in the shade. I've made baby freezies out of water and strained watermelon that she goes wild with to stay hydrated and then a dip in a baby pool and in we go again.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Naked tummy time is a big hit around here.  We also sing and dance, read books, have time in the exersaucer, use the play mat, play patty cake, I let him sit in his high chair with some toys or baby spoons on the tray and he has a good time with that.  He likes to sit in his Bumbo chair on his play mat and bat at the toys while sitting up.  IT gives him a different perspective.  

image image
  • Reading, writing, movies, some computer games are easy to stop if I need to at any time. I just got finished starting a scrapbook album for him. That took two months. That's about it. I usually just play with him or do housework all day. Oh, they find watching you exercise quite amusing. Singing to them is nice. Don't forget you can always go to indoor places like the mall and flea markets or big stores even just to browse. 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Go to the mall.  It is usually pretty cool there.  I live in Washington, so on rainy days I often am a "mall walker". lol  Or Target is always fun.  I usually try and leave the house once or twice a day.  I also just ordered a jumperoo for my LO to enjoy as well.
  • Thanks for the ideas!  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"