Breastfeeding

Dairy-free diet

Is anyone else going dairy-free?  I am trying to do it preemptively - my 2nd and 3rd LO's both had a milk protein intolerance, but I went to Alimentum with them, rather than following an elimination diet.  I figured this time around I am going to cut all dairy, but was wondering how long it might take to see any improvements in LO's behavior (gassy, fussy).  TIA! :-)

Re: Dairy-free diet

• Hi there!

We have a MSPI check in on this board every Monday, you should see it on the first page of posts. You're welcome to join us! All our past check ins are archived at mspimoms.blogspot.com.

Many people see improvement in gassiness and fussiness within a week of eliminating dairy, but it can take up to 2-3 weeks to see total improvement. If LO still has symptoms after 3 weeks, it's time to try eliminating soy as well. Be sure to eliminate all dairy, even hidden dairy. I like this page: https://web.mit.edu/kevles/www/nomilk.html

for it's list of hidden dairy ingredients to watch out for.

mspimama.com has lots of good dairy-free recipes, and we talk a lot about food in our check-ins.

GL!

• Thank you so much!!
  • Loading the player...
  • With DD, I saw improvement within a couple of days of eliminating dairy and soy from my diet. 
    DD 11/1/12
    DS 7/16/14
    DD Free from FPIES triggers as of 18 months! 
    Sweet potato, avocado, banana, mango, oats, wheat & rice outgrown.
    Dairy, soy, and peanut allergies outgrown! Allergic to eggs.
    DS MSPI, egg allergy
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"