September 2013 Moms

BTDT moms Heartburn/Hair CP

mobile - BTDT moms Heartburn/Hair CP I'm sure everyone has heard the OWT about having a lot heartburn means your baby will be born with a lot of hair. As someone who has heartburn almost every day, I'm curious to hear from BTDT moms and see if this was true for them or not. [Poll]
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker    image

Re: BTDT moms Heartburn/Hair CP

• I had unbearable heartburn with DS (wayyyy worse than it is this time around) and the kid was born with a TON of hair.  This pregnancy the heartburn isn't quite as bad so I'm interested to see how much hair LO will have when he's born.

We said goodbye to our sweet Taylor Ashley on August 8, 2012.We lost baby Noelle on May 1, 2015

Mom to Cam and Al, now expecting baby number 3, August 2016. Praying for lots of sticky baby dust!
  • My SIL had bad heartburn with both of her girls and they we both born looking like members of the Beatles.  
  • Loading the player...
  • I had almost no heartburn with DS.  He had hair, but not tons and he lost it fairly quickly (took almost a year for him to grow it back, lol!).  With this baby, I've had quite a bit more heartburn, so it will be interesting to see.  At my last ultrasound (28 weeks), the tech was already able to point out hair.
    Pregnancy Ticker

M/C #2 - October 2016
    MMC #1 - April 2016

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • This isn't an OWT- they have done several studies now (Im looking for the one that was done at John's Hopkins) and they have proven it to be true.

And Im sure my kid is coming out with as much hair as Ive got for the amount of heartburn Im having

• I had heartburn bad enough that my OB felt it warranted a rx.... And DS was practically bald. Sorry to rain on the parade!
  • No heartburn....TONS of hair!

J+E ~ 08/25/2007   DD#1 ~ 05/11/2010   DD#2 ~ 09/25/2013   DD#3 ~ 06/09/2016   Baby #4 Due ~ 01/16/2023

• This was not true for us. My heartburn was way worse with DD and she still doesn't have very much hair at age 20 months. I wish it were true, but not so for us. 
    E 03.10
    H 11.11
    C 08.13

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Here is a pic of my son when he was born. I had zero heartburn. 

The Mob Boss 
    Birth: 10lbs 11oz, 21.5 inches <> 1 mo: 14lbs 7oz, 23.5 inches
    2mo: 18lbs 15oz, 25.5 inches <> 4mo: 26lbs 8oz, 27.5 inches6mo: 29lbs 8oz, 30 inches <> 9mo: 32lbs, 32 inches12 mo: 37lbs, 34.5 inches <> 15 mo: 38lbs 6 oz, 36 inches. 20.5 inch noggin18 mo: 43lbs, 37.75 inches 21 inch head2yr: 47 lbs, 42 inches. 21.5 inch head. Woah.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    imageimage
  • Well I've had a lot of heart burn and ultra sound showed lots of hair!
  • There is actual scientific evidence regarding the correlation between the amount of heartburn the mother has and the amount of hair the baby is born with. This isn't an OWT anymore.

In spite of the studies done, I had very little heartburn and DS was born with a head full of hair. I have heartburn almost daily with this little lady and I'd be shocked if she didn't have hair at birth. Both DH and I (as well as DS) had a ton of dark spiky hair at birth.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• I had an average amount of heartburn and DS had an average amount of hair. He lost it after 1-2 mo and had a second loss period around 4-5 mo, so it took him forever to get a real head of hair. 

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • mcg512mcg512 member

Interesting responses so far,  thanks ladies!  

Almost all of the OWTs about gender were wrong for us so I'm really curious to see how this one turns out, OWT or not.  61 more days! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker    image
  • imageKaramelSutra:

Here is a pic of my son when he was born. I had zero heartburn. 

Thank you KarmamelSutra for the visual -- my DS had about this much hair as this pic and I had a moderate amount of heartburn. Really not one of my main pg symptoms but definitely there in the 3rd tri most days. This one seems the same so far. 

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I've been battling heartburn since about 20 weeks.  It is awful.  TUMS worked at first but they don't even touch it now.  My doc told me to start taking Pepic so I've started that and it is working for now.  We asked our U/S tech if she could tell if our babies had hair.  When she looked, she said they have a little but not much that she could see.....so we will have to see when they are delivered.  I may just break the wivestale.  :-)

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Pregnancy Ticker
  • I had heartburn spells with both girls, but definitely not a daily thing. Both girls were born with a small amount of hair, dd2 had more, especially in the back, kind of a mullet, but I had less heartburn with her.

This time, as long as I don't eat anything red, real or artificial, I haven't gotten heartburn.
    January 2009: Goodbye TR (13 weeks) February 2010: Welcome DD1! March 2011: Welcome DD2! Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • I had horrible heartburn and reflux with DS1, and he had just peach fuzz on his head, basically. I was expecting a mop with all that heartburn.
    ETA I barely had any hair when I was born, and I don't think DH had much either.
    DS-"Sprocket" born 3.27.11 Baby #2- due 9.10.13 BabyFruit Ticker
  • I had heartburn with both and my second born had a ton more hair than my first.
  • With DD1, LOTS of Heartburn and hair so long they had to shampoo it twice in the nursery when she went for tests. She came back with a bow in her hair! Dd2 barely had any hair, but again, lots of Heartburn. Didn't have as much Heartburn with my boys, but more with my second boy, who also had a lot of hair. I'm completely suffering now, even on meds, so I'm curious.. Girl with lots of hair? Or will the fates trick me and I'll have a boy with none???

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"