May 2013 Moms
Options

useless

What baby stuff do you have but really didn't end up using or was useless

Re: useless

• Options
    I got a sh!t ton of blankets that we'll never use. I mean seriously 1-2, maybe 3 but 10 baby blankets?!?! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Wipes warmer and swing for sure
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    RoxZ32RoxZ32 member
    A ton of side snap tshirts. Shes never wore them. I don't know why people insisted on buying me 1,000. Also the wipes warmer. I use it but it's pointless. The wipes stay warm for a whole 3 seconds.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Receiving blankets. Useless.
  • Options
    PnP. She hates it. I'm hoping she eventually gets some use out of it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Swing for sure! LO never lasted more than a few minutes in it. He hates it.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Funny to see the swing mentioned multiple times as ours is worth it's weight in gold.

We received waaaay too many blankets. We probably use the same 2 or 3 and the rest have gone untouched. I also have yet to use any of the gazillion breast pads I registered for, but that's because I almost never leak, and there's no way I would have known that ahead of time. I also ended up donating a lot of clothes. I'm not a fan of the ones with cutesy phrases on them like "Mommy's little ______."
    BFP #1 10/6/11 | EDD 6/15/12 | MMC 11/7/11 @ 8w3d | D&C 11/14/11

BFP #2 8/22/12 | EDD 5/5/13 | DS1 born 5/9/13

BFP #3 4/25/15 | EDD 1/7/16 | MMC 7/2/15 @ 13w1d | D&E 7/8/15

BFP #4 12/9/15 | EDD 8/22/16 | DS2 born 5/18/16 at 26w2d

Just keep swimming.
  • Options
    I love our wipe warmer. I could do with out the swing though. She cries every time we put her in it. We just got a momma roo, can't wait to see how that works out!
  • Options
    I like lightweight blankets and wish I had another 1-2 Aden + Anais ones. The most useless gift we've received was a large ornate snow globe.  It was a very touching thought but it had to go into storage because we live in a small condo.
    Baby girl born 5/20/13. Figuring it out as we go. :)
  • Options
    Wipe warmer was awesome for my ds who was a winter baby! Swing was hated by both kids, too many dang blankets! Bumbo, arm rattles
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Bottle warmer. It doesn't work right and it's faster to let the bottle sit in hot water for a few minutes than to try the bottle warmer. But now my baby refuses bottles altogether, so it doesn't matter anyway.

Also, the vibrating bouncer seat. She hates it.

I also have never got the hang of my nursing cover and find it much easier to just throw a receiving blanket over us.

Lastly, clothes size 3 months. We got a shiit ton of that size.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    be888be888 member
    Clothing in small sizes. C is very long and already wear mostly 3-6 months and 6 months. We also got a load of blankets, and I exchanged a bunch of them for bigger clothing.

BabyFruit Ticker
    16 Ch. du Barrage, Lac-Beauport

• Options
    Newborn onesies. He stayed in sleepers most of the time because he got too cold with the AC on. He has a ton he never wore or only wore once.

Flannel receiving blankets. We could only use them for swaddling for about a week.

Baby shoes. Why? Just why?!?

• Options
    I would have to say pacifiers and blankets. We received so many pacifiers and we have about 30 yes 30 different blankets and there not the small receiving kind these are all huge fluffy fleece blankets that take up a lot of space.
  • Options
    Definitely receiving blankets. Was never able to swaddle with them and now they are burp cloths or sheet savers... Newborn clothes. She grew out of them in a few weeks time and was living in sleep and plays anyway.
  • Options
    Hmm... My baby must be very peculiar because she absolutely loves her swing, she will take 3 hour naps in there everyday but it is the kind where they are almost Laying down. She loves her vibrating bouncy seat, although she won't tolerate it as long as the swing . She loves her binky she very rarely won't take it. I agree the wipe warmer is useless. Also newborn cutesy outfits , the onesies are great she is still in newborn onesies and she is 11 weeks , but the uncomfortable cutesy outfits drive me nuts !
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Pacifiers and the snuggabunny bouncer. ISO a swing now...
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options
    MrsRKJMrsRKJ member
    Those swaddle things.  DS hated them.  We used a blanket and it worked just fine
    Welcomed our baby boy Henry on March 15, 2013 (7 weeks early!)

TTA until 2014

• Options

LO hates our vibrating bouncy chair as much as DS. That would be our useless. That and baby shoes. They will not stay on her feet, and even if they did, they would still be useless. Add 80% of the socks we own as well.

Our swing is the holy grail of nap time. We could not live without it. 

imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageKateRN08:
    imageTrish625:
    Receiving blankets. Useless.
    Unless your baby has reflux... We go through so many receiving blankets a day.

My LO doesn't have reflux and we still go through min. 3 of them a day. We use them as burp clothes. Lay them under her etc. She spits up on them all the time when we're burping. 

imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Swaddlers... LO hates them. Also the bouncy seat.

TTC #2:
    March - May 2014 - Natural cycles - no luck
    June 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    July 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    August 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    September 2014 - Clomid 50mg - Fingers crossed...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"