March 2013 Moms

16weeks fever of 99 9

I took my lo temp earlier rectuly it was 99 9 I gave her Tylenol and she fell asleep for the night. Could this be the begining of teething? I'm a ftm and of course a crazy nervous nelly
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Pregnancy Ticker

Re: 16weeks fever of 99 9

• 99.9 is actually still considered a normal temp, not a fever. Could definitely be teething though.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • yeah, actually that isn't considered a fever (crazy, I know!)  after shots DD had a temp of 100.4, and when I looked it up online I found that even that was just a low-grade fever, and it wasn't recommended to even treat because it was just the body fighting something off, and to let it run it's course.

this is the article I read online which I thought had a lot of good info about fevers in babies: https://www.askdrsears.com/topics/parenting/childhood-illnesses/fever 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker         
  • Loading the player...
  • imagegee313:
    I took my lo temp earlier rectuly it was 99 9 I gave her Tylenol and she fell asleep for the night. Could this be the begining of teething? I'm a ftm and of course a crazy nervous nelly

From experiences with my kids, auxillary or under the arm temps run a degree lower than orally and rectal runs a degree higher than oral so 97.6 auxillary equals 98.6 orally equals 99.6 rectally.

YBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I'm a fan of The Cloth Diaper Tech Support group on Facebook
  • Like PP said that isn't considered a temp for a rectal reading! After his four month shots Jack's temp was 102.2 rectally and that was a fever.  I think it said up to 102 is normal! Your thermometer should have came with a paper that tells you the normal temps for rectal, oral, underarm and ext.  I wouldn't worry! The Tylenol should help though. GL! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"