September 2012 Moms

Uh.... where did UO go?

It's dissstaaapeeered??
Me: 27 DH: 28
Diagnosis: PCOS, irregular cycles, old lady eggs. DH is fine.
Started TTC in January 2010. BFP December 25, 2011 between IF appts. 
DD born August 31, 2012
Began TTC again in Jan. 2013. 
Four rounds of Clomid - BFN
Fifth round of Clomid September/Oct - cancelled
HSG scheduled for Oct. 30 - Tubes all clear
December: Round one of Femara  - BFN
Round two - ? 

image image image

Re: Uh.... where did UO go?

• BPerBPer member
    I was just going to ask this...

• imageTetonBaby:
    So...you guys want to talk about coupons?

SNORT!!! 

DD born August 31, 2012
    Round two - ? 

image image image
  • Loading the player...
  • hmp1hmp1 member

Is today Tuesday?

I'm lost.

What is going on here?

:gets more coffee: 

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• KisstyKissty member
    I'm at work so I minimized the screen and came back to check the updates and it's gone....WTF?!?

imageimage 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• BPerBPer member

So can we start a new UO in here?

I don't know if the is local to me, or what, but UPS & FedEx have gotten fcking lazy. I understand not waiting around until someone answers the door, but a least ring the effing doorbell. It's possible that I don't want all of my shiit sitting outside sweltering in the 95 degree heat, in direct sunlight...for 5 hours, especially baby food pouches. 

• BPerBPer member
    imageIndigoVader:
    imageBPer:

I don't know if the is local to me, or what, but UPS & FedEx have gotten fcking lazy. I understand not waiting around until someone answers the door, but a least ring the effing doorbell. It's possible that I don't want all of my shiit sitting outside sweltering in the 95 degree heat, in direct sunlight...for 5 hours, especially baby food pouches. 

UPS delivered a package to the top of my truck. I went to check on their website and it said delivered, and I was a little confused because I had been home all day without even a knock at the door- so I called them. The representative said,"It says delivered...put on top of truck"...like that's normal. LOL 

Last week, all of my amazon prime subscriptions came, and the ups guy watched from his truck as I struggled to lift a 35 pound box one step up into my front door. Azzhole.

• imageLoisLayn23:
    imagecheeseandrice:

No seriously though. I'm guessing the UO going bye bye was my fault since I brought up the IP ish again.

On a related note... is ANITA STILL ANITA?!

Yeah, Beej has asked repeatedly that this issue get dropped, it was a mistake that happened that morning with unintended consequences and they'd like to move forward now.

Updates will be at the end of next week though!

How very MIB of them.

• imageBPer:
    imageIndigoVader:
    imageBPer:

UPS delivered a package to the top of my truck. I went to check on their website and it said delivered, and I was a little confused because I had been home all day without even a knock at the door- so I called them. The representative said,"It says delivered...put on top of truck"...like that's normal. LOL 

Last week, all of my amazon prime subscriptions came, and the ups guy watched from his truck as I struggled to lift a 35 pound box one step up into my front door. Azzhole.

We have the same delivery guys. I hear the box hitting the outside door and I get out there before the UPS/FedEx guys are even back in their truck.... yet they never even tried to get me to come to the door. Definitely have gotten lazy.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• imagemnkate:
    imageIndigoVader:
    imageBPer:

Our guys loves to POUND on the door. It sounds like my home is being invaded, and it scares A. I finally put a sign up on the door that says, "Knock quietly. Baby sleeping." I never take it down. 

So now he never knocks. Just sets it out in the hot sun for me to eventually discover.

We usually have our front door open and the screen door closed. Our guy pounds on the screen and yells "FEDEX!!!!!!" It makes everyone jump. He always runs back to his truck and is driving away by the time I get to the door. But he does give a friendly wave as he drives off. 

Emma Rose - 9.14.05    Beckett - 5.26.07    Sawyer - 9.22.12    Lennon Mae - 9.26.14
  • BPerBPer member
    imageanitalynn:

(U)Opinions:

I am a hypocrite. I am all like "no girl on girl hate! don't slutshame!" in my head, but then I totally secretly judge women who dress too sexy at work. And then I get pissed that they are most likely dressing sexy because if the men they work with/around don't give them credit for being smart, at least they give them credit when they get to look at them. So then I get pissed at the men. But then I get pissed at the women who dress sexy at work because they don't want to fight the fight, because DUDE SOMEONE HAS TO FIGHT THE FIGHT.

This brought to you by me, who just watched a ~30 year old business woman walk by in a Bandage Dress knock off and stilettos with a HUGE briefcase branded by with an auto parts manufacturing company logo, carrying a lap top, clearly looking loaded down with crap and emotional baggage, as she was walking by with her colleagues who were middle aged dudes.

When I was in the corporate world, I didn't dress 'sexy', but I definitely wore clothes that were flattering to my shape. Lots of pencil skirts, and tapered-waist sheath dresses, and always heels, but that's what I'm comfortable in. But, I was also really good at my job and didn't have to struggle to be taken seriously. 

• imageBPer:

Our UPS will knock on the door, and if it is a large or awkawardly shaped package the UPS man will wait until we get to the door and will  bring it in our house!

View Full Size Image

• imageLoveLossHopeRepeat:
    I feel like the whole IP thing is now like the Wizard of Oz. Don't look behind the curtain. Don't worry about how it happened. Just take it at face value and shut up about it. No questions allowed!

I agree completely.  

DD born August 31, 2012
    Round two - ? 

image image image
  • imageCheenomae:
    imageBPer:
    imageIndigoVader:
    imageBPer:

We have the same delivery guys. I hear the box hitting the outside door and I get out there before the UPS/FedEx guys are even back in their truck.... yet they never even tried to get me to come to the door. Definitely have gotten lazy.

Most likely, the guy isn't being lazy. I've done a stint with UPS, and my brother works for UPS, and you wouldn't believe the loads some of these guys are expected to get out before their day is up, or how big of an area their routes cover. Not to mention, if the driver is doing a new route, even if he's familiar with the area, he's going to be in an even bigger time pinch. Further, the facility I worked at and the one my brother works at have a policy stating that you do not ring the doorbell, and both places trained their drivers to drop off the package like a hot potato and run. It seems like an easy job, but really, it's not, it can be pretty hard to get all the packages out by a certain time. I'm totally assuming the same holds true for FedEx.

However, I don't get why the guy would just sit in his truck and watch you struggle with a package, unless he's actually doing something else, like planning his next stop or something.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFruit Ticker
  • imagecheeseandrice:

oh ffs. The only reason you could possibly be upset with WP being outed is because either you're friends with her or you know you have your own *** AEs waiting to be outed too.

good grief. 

FWIW- I think Beej's 'explanation' was useless. But she's probably dealing with crap in the background that we don't know and don't need to know. Email her your concerns all you want. But you know what? this is a public message board, free for your use, managed by a for-profit company.  Don't like how they're handling it? bye. 

So much self-centered entitlement with this ish. Like whoever it was on CC that actually had the conceitedness to think that people from the EXEC LEVEL of the XOXO group should personally apologize because a few people saw IPs. 

No one said they were upset that she was outed, they said they were upset with the WAY she was outed. There is a big difference in those two things.

DD born August 31, 2012
    Round two - ? 

image image image
  • imageanitalynn:
    imageBillyMollyEmmy:
    imagecheeseandrice:

oh ffs. The only reason you could possibly be upset with WP being outed is because either you're friends with her or you know you have your own *** AEs waiting to be outed too.

No one said they were upset that she was outed, they said they were upset with the WAY she was outed. There is a big difference in those two things.

If I was the one to out wp, I may have done it differently. Perhaps in GIFs. ha. But goofiness aside, is there really a way to do it? I mean, honestly? How would you have liked it done?

In all honesty, I just feel like that thread got really out of hand. And there were subsequent threads that got out of hand too.
    Yeah, it was a bad move to create half a dozen AE's and play them out for months at a time. No doubt about that. No one is arguing that point.

Here is my honest take on the situation - no snark intended what-so-ever. Just how I saw it as a bystander.

First, we were told by numerous people that random users could see IPs. There have been several threads that contradict that statement and it's now clear that Mods could only see IPs.

So, that raised some questions for me:
    Who gave TheAnne that information (and the other poster on parenting, for that matter) and when TheAnne got that information was she instructed to:
    A) keep it to herself
    B) do what she wanted
    C) make a call out thread

If Mods could see IPs, why didn't they just make the call out threads themselves to clear the air? And, if the point of a mod is to deal with board issues, why wouldn't it be appropriate to make a thread saying:

"Hi everyone, we now know that x,y,z AEs were ______. Beej has spoken with this user privately via e-mail and ________ has been done to ensure this doesn't happen again."

Simple, to the point, and somewhat more professional. That would have opened up the conversation for questions, comments, etc. While some of the comments might have been the same - at least the original intent of the post would have been to solve the issue, not create several pages of drama.

That was my take. Again, that's just my opinion and I get that not everyone sees it that way.

DD born August 31, 2012
    Round two - ? 

image image image
  • imagecheeseandrice:
    imageMyNameWasTaken:

However, I don't get why the guy would just sit in his truck and watch you struggle with a package, unless he's actually doing something else, like planning his next stop or something.

Because the second he steps foot into a customer's house, he'll get sued for trespassing or something. 

Oh no, I didn't mean I didn't understand why he didn't get out and help; yes, that is a risk most won't take. I meant, from what limited experience I have helping with deliveries, they don't just sit in one spot for no reason. If they're not moving, they're usually actually doing something, not staring at someone fussing with a box. Not saying that's not what the guy did, I'm just saying that's weird and I've never seen one do that.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFruit Ticker
  • hmp1hmp1 member

Didn't the other thread get deleted because people were talking about the IP address thing. And here we are again.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• imagemands629:
    Sometimes it's not fun to have your cherry popped or to be told Santa and the Tooth Fairy aren't real. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • hmp1hmp1 member

imagemands629:
    Sometimes it's not fun to have your cherry popped or to be told Santa and the Tooth Fairy aren't real. 

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"