August 2013 Moms

Thankful Tuesday

Lets hear it August Mommas... What are you thankful for today?
photo crunchy_zps41233998.gifimagephoto crunchy_zps41233998.gif
My baby is ONE!!

Re: Thankful Tuesday

• This week I'm going to have to go with the cliche answer: I'm thankful for my hubby.

He's been so amazing this whole journey and lately with the countdown to baby getting so close he's really stepped up his game. Today he rubbed my back as I did some birthing ball exercises, he rubs my feet every night before bed, and he always makes sure to pick up my favorite foods [aka yummy mcgriddle for breakfast this AM!].

He's been great setting everything up for baby but this past week he's really stepped up his game to get my huge hunniedo list completed. And thanks to him the nursery is officially complete and the baby's bathroom is 90 percent done!! Yay!!
    photo crunchy_zps41233998.gifimagephoto crunchy_zps41233998.gif
    My baby is ONE!!

• LEMSALEMSA member

Having a husband that works a job he dislikes for a family he loves.  

Although we will be moving to a bigger city, closer to family, with more job opportunity. So I'm hoping he'll get a job he likes.  

• Loading the player...
  • Today I'm thankful for dh and our relationship. Throughout everything going on, he has never missed an ob appointment or ultrasound, and has been nothing short of amazing this entire pregnancy. He loves me and Tyler so incredibly much and is just so excited to be a father. I would not be able to do this without his love and constant support, and I am so very thankful for him.

Also thankful for lo deciding to stay put for the time being and for my awesome ob who did everything possible to stop labor from progressing. Hopefully I'll be able to go home later today, but I guess we'll see what happens.
  • Cliche answer here as well, my husband. He has been beyond amazing since I have been on bedrest. He goes above and beyond what I ask him to do and will even wake up (its hard not to as I am as quiet as a herd of elephants) to help me out of bed so I can pee and while I am peeing he will run and make me a snack. I know that sounds random but thats my MO. Get up, pee, make a snack, back to bed.

I am also thankful I have an awesome OB. He was on call last week and had to go to the hospital right before my appointment so it ended up being cancelled last week. He called and apologized (not that I was mad or anything like that) and has called twice since to make sure I was still doing ok and if I wanted to be seen before my next appointment (I go weekly so it just made me giggle).

• Today is full of cliches... I'm thankful for my fi who makes everyday better. I'm thankful for my parents who weren't too excited ab baby at first, but now they already can't picture life without her. And finally, as much as they drive me bonkers, I am thankful for the in laws. They do care ab us, and I know we should be happier that we have them, instead of annoyed.
    Also, I'm thankful for captain crunch cereal.
    A'13 June Siggy Contest- TV Dads
  • Looks like this might be a Thankful for SO Tuesday. Smile

I am so thankful for DF. He very unwillingly went to a Lamaze class with me last Saturday and later admitted he "enjoyed it". He kept his promise to quit smoking cigarettes before baby girl's arrival, and even with working long hard hours here lately.. He understands I'm feeling very uncomfortable and does everything he can to make me feel "better".

I'm also thankful my mom is going to be back in town. She's been gone for the past month and I really miss her and now that I know she will be home later today, I don't feel as nervous about going into labor while shes 12 hours away. I know, I still have 3 weeks.. but pregnancy anxiety gets the best of me sometimes.

• I am thankful for DB! Without him I would be a huge, crying, crazy, pregzilla mess! He always seems to talk me off the ledge when I just can't handle something anymore. He is just great and will make the best dad!

I'm so thankful for our little girl and that she is heathy in there and kicking away! I love her so much already. It's amazing how much you can love someone without ever meeting or seeing their little face yet! I'm so thankful for my little family that will soon be complete!
  • ludaliludali member
    I'm forever thankful for the NICU nurses who are taking such amazing care of our little Tessa!

Edit: OK, I'm I'll add DH to this too! lol. He was my rock last Wednesday when I went into labor and through my csection. I know he was just as scared as I, but he never lost step in taking care of me. And over the last week, he has done everything for me...will miss him when he returns to work tomorrow.
  • imageBlondieBia21:
    Today is full of cliches... I'm thankful for my fi who makes everyday better. I'm thankful for my parents who weren't too excited ab baby at first, but now they already can't picture life without her. And finally, as much as they drive me bonkers, I am thankful for the in laws. They do care ab us, and I know we should be happier that we have them, instead of annoyed. Also, I'm thankful for captain crunch cereal.

Its totally ok and normal (IMO) to feel both for your ILs. I love mine to death and know that no matter what, if we need something they will be there but the little things they do (and sometimes big) that really get under my skin. At the end of the day I wouldnt trade them off for anything.

• Im thankful for my beauty school friends. Yesterday when i was having aweful contractions and had to leave school they cleaned and packed up my station for me filled my water bottle up then carried my stuff out to the car for me.

Yes i am very thankful to have such awesome friends.
  • Air conditioning ! Gonna be a hot one
  • Working at an orthopedic center. My H is having surgery today that he needs and would have cost us thousands!
    Married DH <3 : 7/7/12; 3 fur babies (2 dogs and 1 cat)
    DS born 9/3/13; DD born 7/22/15; LO due 5/28/18
    FS (age 5) and FD (age 2) to become AS/AD very soon!

• Today, I'm thankful that I was able to paint my toenails last night. haha. I found just the right height chair with just the right height box to prop my feet on. Hopefully this self pedi lasts the next two weeks/until delivery.

"The cleaning, the scrubbing will wait til tomorrow,
    For children grow up, as I've learned to my sorrow.
    So, quiet down cobwebs. Dust go to sleep.
    I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep."
  • I'm going to follow the trend of this Tuesday and say I'm super thankful for DH.  Although he has his moments (as we all do), he has really stepped up the past few weeks and has been super sweet and helpful.

I am also super thankful for our basement, which has been my savior in this heat since our house does not have AC.  I literally am in the basement almost all day (when I'm not trying to clean) aside from coming upstairs to make dinner.

Lastly, I am very very thankful for ice cream!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • I'm thankful for a SIL always willing to help out.  the painter is starting today on our basement and we both work so she is house sitting.  She also hosted our shower and has given us tons of things for the LO already.

I'm thankful for technology and my sweet grandparents.  My 85 year old grandparents are learning the computer and I got my first e-mail from my grandma last night.  it was the cutest thing ever.  they are in texas so I don't get to see them or talk to them as often as I'd like.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My husband. We had a bit of a scare with our little guy yesterday and my husband dropped everything at work, drove 20 minutes and ran up six flights of stairs..the elevator wasn't fast enough for him..to be by our side. Fortunately everything turned out fine and we were able to go home that night. I also couldn't feel baby move until hubby got there. Once he heard his daddy's voice - he was moving like crazy!
  • I am thankful for a day off today with DS. We are mainly going to lounge around the house and may run to the store. Also thankful for my job. It's a great company to work for with a lot of perks and pretty good maternity leave options.  

• I'm thankful to have such an amazing best friend! She came over last night after work to help DH and I clean and organize. She's also going to drop off some items we cleared out of the closets for donation. It meant so much to have her come over and help! DH and I literally have 2 things left to do before LO arrives thanks to my friend helping out yesterday!
  • Thankful that I've finally found the right amount of fans (3) and AC units (2) that allow me to be cool enough to sleep. Thankful that DH is willing to swap cars during this heat wave, since his commute is 5 minutes and mine is 1/2 hr, his AC works and mine doesn't. Thankful that DH is wonderful in every way including running a rush hour errand so I could satisfy my Teddy Grahams craving and settle my upset stomach, encouraging me to go for the giant box of Cinnamon Toast Crunch, and constantly filling up my water glass. My hero :)
    Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm incredibly thankful to have reached 37 weeks on Saturday. I know we're not completely in the clear and things can always go wrong but it's such a giant relief to know that LO can come any time and will likely be just fine.

I'm also thankful for DH for talking me down off my ledge of freakouts that this baby is coming soon!

ETA: I'm sure I'll be incredibly thankful for the pedicure that is in my very near future!

• HhaberHhaber member
    I guess I am following the trend....
    I am super thankful for my DF. Yesterday, when we found out Baby Girl is still breech and the words "scheduled c section" came up, I lost it. He let me cry and listened to my concerns, but then as always, he calmed me down, reminded me we will get through anything, and took me
    To Cold Stone for ice cream. He is the most amazing man and is going to be a wonderful father. I definitely couldn't do this pregnancy or this life without him.
  • imagemommabmb:
    Working at an orthopedic center. My H is having surgery today that he needs and would have cost us thousands!

Sending thoughts and prayers for your dh! Hope it all goes well!
  • I'm thankful to have a job that I love enough that I can still stand doing it at 36 weeks pregnant.
    After 1.5 years TTC, IUI #2= BFP 12/2/12

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"And the dream that you dare to dream really do come true"

• imageMaritza707:
    imagemommabmb:
    Working at an orthopedic center. My H is having surgery today that he needs and would have cost us thousands!
    Sending thoughts and prayers for your dh! Hope it all goes well!

Thanks! He is groggy and milking it, but I am relieved it is over. It ended up being much more in-depth than planned, and I'm very thankful for the place I work helping and being flexible.  

Married DH <3 : 7/7/12; 3 fur babies (2 dogs and 1 cat)
    DS born 9/3/13; DD born 7/22/15; LO due 5/28/18
    FS (age 5) and FD (age 2) to become AS/AD very soon!

• I'm thankful LO is healthy and doing very well in there.  Seeing her at the u/s on sunday was amazing, esp. watching her lungs "breathe" and her mouth moving.

I'm also thankful that DH's hard work paid off and he got his promotion yesterday.

photo regina_zpsee0752b3.gif

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP #1 mm/c at 12w1d

• Oh, I just got the best news ever!!! My dear friend who lost her lo before the end of her first trimester earlier this year is now hitting the 11 week mark with what will hopefully be her rainbow baby!!!! She said lo is doing well and measuring right on track!!! I am praying that everything goes well for her!!!!
  • Today I am thankful my symptoms of pre-e have not gotten worst. I ended up in L&D on Sunday after having contractions for 14 hours, high blood pressure, excessive swelling of my face, legs, and hands. I was so dizzy and nauseated. Baby had also stopped moving. After 2 hours of being on the monitors, the contractions stopped and baby started moving again. What a relief. The nurse was about the call the doc in. Saw my OBGYN yesterday and the protein levels in my urine aren't rising so he told me to take it easy. As much as I just want to hold my baby in my arms and know everything is okay, he/she is not ready to come out and it is still too early.

I will follow suit and also say how thankful I am for DH. Especially after having such a rough week last week. We decided to take the weekend and focus on ourselves. He really opened up about his feelings of depression and how he has been taking everything out on me. He really regrets the big move we made for our careers last year and expressed his feelings of returning to his old job and moving back to be close to my family. He contacted his old boss and I really hope this works out for us. We would be much happier. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageMaritza707:
    Oh, I just got the best news ever!!! My dear friend who lost her lo before the end of her first trimester earlier this year is now hitting the 11 week mark with what will hopefully be her rainbow baby!!!! She said lo is doing well and measuring right on track!!! I am praying that everything goes well for her!!!!

Hooray!! Hoping all goes smoothly for your friend. :)

"The cleaning, the scrubbing will wait til tomorrow,
    For children grow up, as I've learned to my sorrow.
    So, quiet down cobwebs. Dust go to sleep.
    I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep."
  • With every one else feeling "very large and uncomfortable" I am feeling very thankful that I only have 5 weeks to go and I really haven't had this problem. It's starting to kick in when I lay down at night, but for the most part I'm still feeling pretty good.

I am thankful for my dad and that he is okay. He had a tree fall on him about a week or so ago, and it messed up his knee really bad, but it could have been a lot worse. And he said he isn't going to let it stop him from traveling the 3 1/2- 4 hours to be here when LO is born, even though I told him he really didn't have to.

And as always I am very thankful for my amazing DH.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Thankful for you lovely ladies. Having a bad day and coming on here can brighten my mood.. I LOVE gifs, and I miss using them.. Damn mobile bumping.

Also, really thankful me and DH spoke about the issues we've been having lately. My IL's are definitely crap but as Long as me and H are on the same page that's all I care about. Baby will be here too soon and we have more to worry about than arguing over other people and not worrying about each other.
    photo df19160f-bf4d-4b1a-aa18-f922c7344247.jpgphoto 6650edf4-b52e-4beb-a3cd-6bdc9480c61c.jpg
    ~may siggy challenge~

photo IMG_20140501_070346.gif photo IMG_20140501_071323.gif
  • I am thankful that I passed my licensing exam. New work requirements state all pharmacists in my hospital have to get licensed in a fourth state. I studied like crazy and neglected DH and housework last week before my test. Found out today I passed. If I had not passed I would have had to take it again during my maternity leave. Of course, I am thankful DH was understanding.

image  image 

BFP #1 11/26/2012, EDD 8/7/2013, Elise Anne born 8/1/2013
    BFP #2 8/21/2014, EDD 4/11/2015, M/C 9w5d, D&C 9/17/2014
  • imageMaritza707:
    Oh, I just got the best news ever!!! My dear friend who lost her lo before the end of her first trimester earlier this year is now hitting the 11 week mark with what will hopefully be her rainbow baby!!!! She said lo is doing well and measuring right on track!!! I am praying that everything goes well for her!!!!

Yay!!  Lots of Ts & Ps for her LO!!

• 1) MIL's goddamn cats are gone!!

2) I have a bag of candy all to myself

3) DH and I were able to have sex yesterday and it felt pretty good.

• I am so thankful for my friend getting good news on her cancer treatment today: NED!!!!! No Evidence of Disease!!!!!

She still has some more treatments to go, but it is absolutely wonderful that her primary treatment worked!! This is her 4th bout with cancer and she is the toughest fighter I know!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"