Multiples

Bottle feeding twins at the same time.

How old were your twins before you could easily bottle feed them at the same time? I have 13 week old twins, 4 weeks adjusted, that really struggle when I try to feed them at the same time. It's very stressful. I would like to feed them at the same time more often to hopefully get a little more of a break in between feeds but we aren't very good at it.

Re: Bottle feeding twins at the same time.

• They were bottle fed at the same time right away. I never held them at the same time as feeding though. I sat cross legged on the floor with a regular pillow right in front of me, layed them all snuggled next to one another and held bottles.

I was never all that great at having one on each side of me while feeding because I couldn't see them both so after a while I'd notice I was feeding ones nose or cheek or something lol
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • My twins were 36 weekers and DD was little (DS was 1lb 9oz bigger at birth), so we fed them individually for the first 2-3 months. When they got big enough, we put them in bouncers that helped sit them up high and then  I would sit on a little ottoman in front of them and hold the bottles.

Wedding Fall 2007 Off OCP's since 9/08-started with BBT charts Saw Ob/gyn May 2009 Blood work normal except single copy of MTHFR Clomid 50mg May 2009 Clomid 50mg + IUI June 2009 Femara 5mg + IUI July 2009 Normal HSG July 2009 Femara 5mg + ovidrel+IUI August 2009 Femara 5mg +ovidrel + IUI September 2009 November 2009-normal lap December 2009-met with RE December/January-Injectible med cycle with IUI-Abnormal sperm morpology found-only 0-1% normal All Head defects. Jan/Feb 2010 1st IVF with ICSI-5 week chemical pregnancy :( Feb 2010-male infertility doc says DH's anatomy and blood work are normal so nothing he can do. :( FET July 2010-BFP! Twin m/c @ 5.5 wks :( Dec/Jan 2011 IVF #2 Only 4 eggs retrieved-Ganirelix dose messed up BFFN Feb/March 2011 IVF #3 ER 3/9 9 eggs, 7 fertilized, ET 3/14, No frosties. BFN IVF #4 ER 8/22 9R,7F ET 8/25-3 embies, 1 frostie! Beta 9/2= 54, 9/6=274, 9/8=625, 9/12=2953, 9/16 greater than 10,000. B/G TWINS born April 2012 @ 36wks & 1 day! July 2014-going back for the frozen embryo! ET 7/28, heartbeat seen at 6wks1day with SCH. Miscarriage confirmed at 6wks4days

• Loading the player...
  • when they were tiny I'd stick them in a boppy together and hold the 2 oz bottles with one hand.

when they got bigger I had the my breast friend twin pillow thinking I would tandem nurse, that didn't work but I would lay them each on either side in a sort of modified football hold. My arms would be outside of them with my hands at their faces holding the bottle. That worked perfectly for me. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • I had 36 weekers and was practicing tandem bottle feeds by 3 weeks. By 6 weeks, that's how they got all daytime bottles. I used NB Boppy loungers since my boys were very tiny. It takes a lot of practice, but we found a system that worked for us. There were some YouTube videos that provided some practical tips. It might be a good idea to check those out.

Good luck!
    TTC in 2009, Dx: Unexplained IF
    Three TI cycles (BFP...miscarriage), five IUI attempts and 2.5 IVF cycles later...BFP!!
    12dp5dt: 765; 15dp5dt: 1979; 17dp5dt: 3379...TWINS!!!!!
    Our perfect baby boys were born at 36w1d!! 

• This only works if they don't have reflux. we put them on the floor next to each other. their heads are closest to me and i hold bottles. when they were smaller, i could fit them both in the boppy on my lap and sit in a chair.

TTC since May 2006. After 3 failed Clomid cycles, 2 failed Injectibles/IUIs, 2 failed IVFs and 1 failed FET, we moved on to adoption! 

Last ditch FET resulted in BFP, and identical twin girls!

• i fed them at the same time in their Rock N Plays an awful lot at first. One was always better than the other with a propped bottle (judge me, go ahead--i never left them alone with it) while i held the other. At about 5.5 mos they started holding their bottles and now they sit in their boppies (i still sit with them on the floor) and hold their bottles themselves
  • A2TPA2TP member
    At that age I put my better eater in RNP next to the arm of the couch. Then I sat on the couch and held my poor eater in the crook of my arm closest to the RNP. She was sort of cradled/propped on my leg and between the arm of the couch and my chest/arm. I used the arm under my poor feeder to hold the bottle for her brother in the RNP and my free hand to hold her bottle. If I needed to burp the RNP baby, I'd just set the other in a boppy next to me on the couch. It definitely helped that my son downs a bottle like its his job and doesn't screw around.
    DS1: 09.12.10
    DS2 & DD1: 01.14.13
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"