Babies: 3 - 6 Months

How big??

I was at lunch with friends Saturday and they brought their beautiful one year old DD.  I mentioned that Vivi had the same onesie their LO was wearing and then I asked what size she was in and how much she weighed - their DD is 20 lbs at a year old . . . my Vivi is 15.5 lbs and not even 4 months old yet.  It made me feel like I have a porker on my hands . . .

Re: How big??

• DS had his 4 month appt on Friday, and he's 17lbs 11oz. Dr said my chunky monkey is perfectly healthy.
  • DS just turned 4 months old on Saturday and is already a little over 17 lbs.  You're not alone! :)
  • Loading the player...
  • jbatchjbatch member
    I apparently have an itty bitty baby.. My LO was 13 lbs 5.5 ounces and 24 inches long at 4 months.

I have a Daughter born 2/26/2013. She is pretty much amazing!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• DS1 was 22 pounds at a year. On the smaller side, but not tiny.

DS2 was 15 and a half at 4 months.

ETA their weigh gain slows as they get older, especially as they become more mobile.

• My son is 15lbs 3 oz at 4 months and he is apparently only in the 48th percentile so I think your little one is right on track!!!
  • Heh...I wouldn't worry. DS is 15 lbs 8 oz and 25 inches long. Every kid is different, and I try not to compare my little guy to other babies. As long as he is happy and healthy, that's all that matters to me. Smile
  • DD1 and DD2 were both 15 lbs at 3 months and 22.5 and 23.5 lbs at 1 year. That's about 90th percentile on the WHO charts at both 3 and 12 months. Growth starts to slow down the 2nd half of the year.

DD3 is 11 lbs 10oz at 3.5 months, which is 10th percentile. (At this rate she'll be 17 lbs at 1 year!) She's about 25-26", which is about 95th percentile for height.

Annalise Marie 05.29.06
    Charlotte Ella 07.16.10
    Emmeline Grace 03.27.13
  • DD was 16 lbs at 4 mos, but didn't make it to 20 lbs until after she was a year old. Once she started getting more mobile, she started losing her chub. DS was in 12 mos clothing at 4 mos and is still in it at nearly 6 mos. This has been his longest stint in a single clothing size.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My DS2 weight in at 16 lbs 6 oz at his 4 month appointment.  Contrast that with his 3 year old brother who only weighs 29 lbs 2 oz, LOL.  As long as she is following a good curve and staying on the charts then she's fine.

image image
  • 12 lbs 12.oz. just turned 4 mo
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"