Natural Birth

Natural ways of induction

For those of you that tried natural ways to get labor going, what were they? I know everyone is different and baby will come when he's ready, I am just curious. I obviously wouldn't try that anytime soon but if I get close to my due date I may. So what did you try and what worked? Thanks

Re: Natural ways of induction

• I drank RRL tea during my third tri, and I started taking EPO after 36 weeks. Did lots of walking (which I had been doing already) and other exercise. That's pretty much it, since my LO ended up coming on her own at 37w4d, but I had alllll kinds of plans in case I got too close to my due date (I had GD and didn't want a medical induction, if I could avoid it), like acupuncture, herbal induction, etc. I did go see a chiro for an adjustment the day before I gave birth, so that way have helped speed things along, too. (BTW, before I get flamed, I did all of this on my midwife's advice.)
      norathe girlsamelia
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageutlawgirl:
    I drank RRL tea during my third tri, and I started taking EPO after 36 weeks. Did lots of walking which I had been doing already and other exercise. That's pretty much it, since my LO ended up coming on her own at 37w4d, but I had alllll kinds of plans in case I got too close to my due date I had GD and didn't want a medical induction, if I could avoid it, like acupuncture, herbal induction, etc. I did go see a chiro for an adjustment the day before I gave birth, so that way have helped speed things along, too. BTW, before I get flamed, I did all of this on my midwife's advice.

That is why I asked.... I have GD and just in case they tell me something I don't want to hear about a medical induction, I want to know all the natural ways to maybe get things going on their own. Was your GD not in control or you had complications from it so they said it may be necessary? Or what were your circumstances ?
    Also thanks for the tips! And what is EPO?

• Loading the player...
  • EPO = evening primrose oil. It supposedly helps to soften the cervix. I took it orally, but I think some people open the capsules and do it vaginally. You can get it at pretty much any health food store.

So, yeah, I totally get your situation. :) My GD was well in control, and they had agreed to let me go to almost 42 weeks like a "normal" person before forcing the issue, but I was kinda paranoid about it, due to my own research about GD and post-term babies. As it turned out, I probably had some sort of other placental issue going on (suspected IUGR which probably would have been discovered at a growth u/s I had scheduled a few days after LO was born), so I was kind of a special case. 

norathe girlsamelia
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks for posting this question. I have a cerclage in but once that is removed I hope labor happens on its own but in case not I will try some of these suggestions. I really would not like to be medically induced or given any drugs.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I've been doing EPO and RRL and walking as passive ways to ready my body but if it come down to it I plan on trying acupuncture, sex and nipple stimulation to induce

Engaged 10/2/1202
    BFP (a lil quicker than expected) 12/7/2012
    Married to my best friend 12/24/2012
    Beautiful baby girl arrived 8/15/2013
    BFP #2 3/13/2016

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"