Working Moms
Options

Please tell me it gets better

Lo started daycare today. Drop off was fine, but she didnt nap. She took a catnap when we got home and was put down around her regular bedtime. Anyway after 30 min of sleeping she woke up and its been 2 hrs of crying bc shes overtired. I am not looking forward to tomr..

Re: Please tell me it gets better

• Options
    It gets so much better.  LO did not nap well at first, but ended up doing extremely well and really enjoying daycare.  Now she is in love with her teachers and friends at daycare.  She's 2.  I promise it is worthwhile! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    It took about 2 weeks but no problems now, he sleeps two hours at daycare everyday and at home. It is a change so you need to give him time to adjust but kids are resilient.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We started a month ago and it sucked. Now though she naps better there than at home. It will get better.

• Options
    Thank you... She finally fell asleep. Luckily im not back at work yet so we can focus on adjusting her.
  • Options
    It gets better!  We started DS at 9.5 months and he had really bad separation anxiety, wouldn't nap, wouldn't eat well and he also got sick (diarrhea, flu, fever, cold) for about 6 weeks and lost quite a bit of weight.  I was very close to pulling him out.and hiring a nanny.  But the past 6 weeks has been so much better.  DS loves DC now.  He smiles when he sees his teacher in the morning, naps 3 hours a day, and eats well.  We've also noticed that he is a lot more social and likes hanging out with the other kids.  I'm glad we stuck with it.
  • Options
    I am sure it will get better, babies like routine, so once she is used to it she will be fine.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker My Blog
  • Options
    We've just entered our 7th week.. After the first week, she started eating and napping like normal, and by her 2nd week, it became a routine that we're both okay with... So yes, it gets better!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    It will get better for sure. It took a couple of weeks for DD to get used to daycare, but once she did, all was great. It's a new routine for them that they have to get used to, and once they do everything will fall in to place.
  • Options
    It's normal to have trouble napping there at first.  Give it some time.
    My TTC History:
    2009: missed miscarriage #1 at 9 weeks (trisomy 16)
    2010: Infertility
    2011: Diagnosis and treatment (low sperm count, anastrozole for DH, clomid for me + IUI)
    2012: Baby #1
    2014: Baby #2
    October 2015: missed miscarriage #2 at 11 weeks (trisomy 22)
    March 2016 BFP#5, due November 2016.

My Charts since 2009

• Options
    It definitely gets better!!! My DD loves daycare but sometimes there is a bit of an adjustment period
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"