December 2013 Moms

Feeling Baby move @ 16wks?

Hey there!
I am a little over 16 weeks and I for the passed few days I think I'm been feeling the baby move! Feels like little flutters or mini pulses randomly. Has anyone else felt their baby move around this time?

:D

Re: Feeling Baby move @ 16wks?

• Awesome! I thought i was feeling my baby move at 16 weeks, for a few days - now I am almost 19 and not feeling anything. I am not sure what I felt was baby at 16 weeks, but I think it was. I think it's pretty common to feel movement off and on at first. What a wonderful feeling!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Yep, this time I felt kicks the day before I was 16 weeks. :)
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Agreed with pp, that is pretty early for a FTM but not impossible!  With my son I first felt movement at 17 weeks.  This time it was 16 weeks.  So I've always been on the early side.
    -DS #1 due 7/1/11, born 7/7/11
    -m/c Feb 2013 at 4w6d
    -DS #2 due 12/24/13, born 12/11/13
  • Same here and now I'm worry if is normal not to feel it right now since is more bigger.. But I'm calm a little since you experience the same thing
  • STM here & I felt my first movement just last Friday. It was a single kick that I have not felt again since then.  This was the same way it happened with me with DS... I first felt a single good kick around 18 weeks & didn't feel it regular again til another week or so later. It wan't until it started regularly that I looked back & realized that that was what it was that day. This time around I knew it when I felt it. I had felt little things here & there over the last couple weeks but nothing before this was something I felt confident saying it was for sure baby til now. Smile Now I'm just waiting for the gymnastics to begin!

My 2 December boys

• That is about when I felt movement with my first, and I'm feeling it again this time.

It depends on your build and the baby and placenta placement in your uterus. Last time, I had a very squirmy fetus who managed to get the cord around her neck thrice. After about 25 weeks, I rarely went an hour without multiple kicks and flips so I never had to worry about kick counts. lol. Then she became a squirmy newborn who *never* slept.

• imagelrachelle80:
    It'd be really early for a first-time mom to feel the baby around that time (average is closer to 20 weeks) but it's possible.  The mini pulses are probably not baby; those are more likely uterus twitches from your muscles expanding and loosening.

This makes a ton of sense to me - I was kind of worried "feeling" the baby, then not feeling the baby for weeks - but I must have been feeling my uterus twitching!  I knew I was feeling something I have never felt before, but it did not feel like popcorn popping, or butterflies. Hopefully I will really feel the baby soon :)

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• I'm a ftm and I felt the baby at 16w 2d. Watch for movement around the same time everyday. I notice it when I'm hungry and right after I eat. I also feel when I'm laying in bed and I'm really still. I'm now 18 weeks and the movement has been consistent.
    Pregnancy Ticker image image
  • imagelrachelle80:
    It'd be really early for a first-time mom to feel the baby around that time (average is closer to 20 weeks) but it's possible.  The mini pulses are probably not baby; those are more likely uterus twitches from your muscles expanding and loosening.

With my first I felt flutters between 15-16 weeks.  It's definitely possible.   

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yay! Such an awesome feeling! I'm 19 weeks tomorrow and have been feeling my little lady move since a little after 16 weeks!! This is my 3rd pregnancy though and im small framed, 110 pounds as of right now!! I love feeling it! Sometimes you can feel harder kicks if you lay on your back, and be really still!!
  • Best. Feeling. Ever!! I'm a FTM and at 18weeks. I felt flutters last week but it has now moved onto pokes.
    The best thing is we saw the doc on fri and she said my DH might need to wait until around 25wks or so to feel it, but only last night I was feeling her move. I put DHs hand on, low and behold he felt 3/4 pokes!!! We are both super excited of what is to come!!!!
  • Good grief I would really like to feel this kid move. I am 17 weeks. My friend who is a FTM felt kicks around this time, she is now 21 weeks and telling me how the baby was kicking her chihuahua while it laid on her stomach. I think I have been feeling something but since a pp said "uterus movement" I'm becoming doubtful.
  • I felt my first move at around 16 weeks for the first time, so yeah, it's definitely possible. I'd say it sounds like it. This time I felt movement closer to 13 weeks. I know that's crazy, but my OB assured me that feeling fetal movement was kind of a "learned skill" and that STMs often feel it sooner.
      norathe girlsamelia
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • With my 1st I felt them around 22wks

My 2nd around 18wks

This time my 3rd, I felt them around 14wks.

I agree that the more children you have the earlier you recognize and know just what you're feeling. Really a neat feeling no matter how early/late you feel them! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"