June 2013 Moms

**Exclusively Pumping Check-In**

How is pumping going for everyone?

How many ounces are you getting per pumping session and how often are you pumping?

What do you do while your pumping? (ie. watch movie, read book, check facebook...) 

GTKY: What is your favorite movie!? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: **Exclusively Pumping Check-In**

• How is pumping going for everyone? Pumping is going pretty good. I feel like I have a pretty good supply and I'm thankful for that. It is still quite annoying to have to bring your pump with you everywhere and make sure you do it ever so often. It would be more convinient at times to just BF.  

How many ounces are you getting per pumping session and how often are you pumping? I'm pumping every 3 hours and getting about 8 ounces per session. I'm cutting back to 4 hours I think because I don't know what to do with all of this extra milk. 

What do you do while your pumping? (ie. watch movie, read book, check facebook...) I'm either feeding LO or checking facebook usually. Sometimes I use the manual pump and pick up toys and put them away. Multi-tasking with a toddler! 

GTKY: What is your favorite movie!? Grease has always been a favorite but I also love Cry Baby. I enjoy romantic comedies.

• My little man is 7 weeks old now and I am feeling more comfortable with exclusively pumping (plus supplementing). I don't like the fact that I feel tied to home given that I pump every 3 hours (for 15 minutes). I do have a car adaptor for my Medela and that helps. I feel pretty guilty when I sleep through my alarm at night and miss a pumping session. I've also skipped pumping to enjoy a social event.

Unfortunately, my supply has not increased despite many interventions such as prescription meds and increasing the frequency of  pumping sessions. I'm getting just under 2 oz total every 3 hours. If I try to pump more frequently I get about the same or maybe less. If I increase from 15 to 20 minutes, no difference. For now I am able to  produce about 1/2 of my baby's food/day.

I play on the computer (Facebook, email, the Bump) or watch TV. Sometimes at night I play games on my cell phone. I also use my phone as my timer.

Favorite movie is 16 candles. 

• Loading the player...
  • How is pumping going for everyone? It's going good! Some days I get more than others but I'm so happy I decided to go this route. I'm still nursing once a night, only because I enjoy having that option. 

How many ounces are you getting per pumping session and how often are you pumping? I'm pumping every 3-4 hours and getting 3-4 oz each time. 

What do you do while your pumping? (ie. watch movie, read book, check facebook...) watch tv, playing the iPad, I need to find a good book. 

GTKY: What is your favorite movie!? I don't know if its my favorite but I really liked man on fire. 
  • How is pumping going for everyone? It's going. I feel like my boobs have a mind of their own no matter how consistent I am. I wore him to one of our street fairs on Saturday, and it had only been an hour since I pumped last. Seems like the simple act of having him there and when he woke up and cried for a second, gah my boobs were throbbing. And, my supply is up and down.

How many ounces are you getting per pumping session and how often are you pumping? I pump every 3 hours and used to get 4-5 oz, now I am getting 3-4 if I'm lucky. I've upped my water intake, been choking down oatmeal, blah blah. Even still it's enough to get us through the day and only have to supplement a little bit at night.

What do you do while your pumping? (ie. watch movie, read book, check facebook...) Facebook and Pinterest usually. Lol.

GTKY: What is your favorite movie!? One of my favorites would probably be Dumb and Dumber. And, Tommy Boy. I can't pick just one.

• I hate pumping. I'm over it. Today was my first day back to work and it is kind of nice to take a break every couple of hours but hauling my shiit around is obnoxious.

I'm pumping every 3-4 hours. I get between 4-6oz depending on how long it has been.

I usually tinker around on my phone. FB, TB, whatever else.

Liar Liar.

CJ 05/29/2013

• imageBacon+lettuce+tomato:

I hate pumping. I'm over it. Today was my first day back to work and it is kind of nice to take a break every couple of hours but hauling my shiit around is obnoxious.

I'm pumping every 3-4 hours. I get between 4-6oz depending on how long it has been.

I usually tinker around on my phone. FB, TB, whatever else.

Liar Liar.

I forgot about Liar Liar. My H and I quote that movie so freaking often it's ridiculous. 

• How is pumping going for everyone?
    Pretty good the last week.

How many ounces are you getting per pumping session and how often are you pumping?
    Between 4 and 6, depending on how long it's been. I pump every 3 to 4 hours during the day and every 4 overnight. Wondering if I can space that night pump out if LO sleeps longer without hurting my supply?

What do you do while your pumping? ie. watch movie, read book, check facebook...
    Play on my phone or computer. Facebook. Thebump. Candy crush. Netflix.

GTKY: What is your favorite movie!?
    I'm a sucker for romance movies Walk the Line, Pretty Woman, The Notebook, etc.
  • jefkjefk member

Pumping is going.  My nips are always sore.  I got a pumping kit from the hospital that came with a manual pump and I tried that out, since I'm going to need it in a couple weeks (we're planning a day trip to the city without DD for our anniversary).

I pump every 4-6 hours and get anywhere from 5-8 oz per session, depending on how long I go in between.

I have my pump set up in DD's room, and I keep my tablet in there to read e-books and fart around online while I pump.

Movies.. there are so many... Love Actually, The Hangover, Whats Your Number.  It's an eclectic mix. 

• How is pumping going for everyone? My supply has taken a small hit so I need to hydrate more.

How many ounces are you getting per pumping session and how often are you pumping? I was getting 8oz 5x per day.  Now I'm getting 7oz 5x per day.  Not sure why the drop.

What do you do while you're pumping? Watch tv!

GTKY: What is your favorite movie!? Wide Awake, Life as a House, or Cast Away 

• jefkjefk member

imageamtobey:
    I watch Fringe while pumping. I've yet to get a hands free bra So I can't do much.

I love Fringe!!  We started binge-watching it during my pregnancy, and we watched the first 4 seasons on Amazon Prime in like 4 months.  I can't wait until the last season is available on streaming so we can see how it ends!

Seriously, the hands-free bra is worth every penny.  I have the Medela one, its great. 

• How is pumping going for everyone? It's going. I remember getting much more when I had DS so I am not sure if I just haven't done it long enough or if it's because I am not as consistent.

How many ounces are you getting per pumping session and how often are you pumping? I try my hardest to pump every 3-4 hours. I get about 2-3 ounces depending on how long it has been. Definitely have not been able to keep up with DD as we have to give her 1-2 bottles of formula a day. So jealous of you mommas able to get 8-10 ounces!

What do you do while your pumping? (ie. watch movie, read book, check facebook...) watch Netflix, FB, play Words with Friends and Ruzzle

GTKY: What is your favorite movie!? When Harry Met Sally

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• How is pumping going for everyone? Good. Better. I just spaced out/decreased my pumps and I don't feel like my life revolves around pumping anymore. I'm happier and getting more sleep!

How many ounces are you getting per pumping session and how often are you pumping? I'm pumping every 5 hours. 6am, 11 am, 4pm, 9pm, and midnight I'm getting about 8-10oz per session.

What do you do while your pumping? (ie. watch movie, read book, check facebook...) Facebook/TV

GTKY: What is your favorite movie!? Office Space. :)

• Not to be a Debbie Downer or anything but can we cut down on the number of posts that talk about milk output because they are harshing my mellow?
  • Pumping has its ups and downs. I feel good that I am able to supply about 50% of my LO's food supply and I know its good for her. Plus saving on formula is great. However, it is sooo time consuming and I hate the feeling in my boobies when I don't pump-ouch. Also, I wish I pumped more ounces. And my nipples hurt.

I pump 6-7 times a day and average about 2 oz total. The most ive ever gotten was right under 4.

I actually feed my daughter while pumping. I know this sounds crazy but I figure I will kill two birds with one stone. I give her a bottle and burp her and pump at the same time. Especially in the middle of the night, I save time by doing both of these activities at the same time,

• imagenotquiteblushing:
    Not to be a Debbie Downer or anything but can we cut down on the number of posts that talk about milk output because they are harshing my mellow?

I will try to come up with different questions for our checkins. I'm not that creative but I will try my best!
  • Pumping is going very well at the moment but that could change at any moment for me.

I pump every 4 hours for 1518 minutes and get 6 to 9 oz per session depending On the time of day.

I usually feed LO, watch tv, bump or read while pump.

Favorite movie? Probably Sweet Home Alabama or the fast and furious movies.

I can't remember if there were any more questions or not...
    Eleanor Carter-Lynn born 6.4.13, 17 days early, natural birth
    Tetraolgy of Fallot discovered 6.5.13, Open Heart Surgery 10.7.13

(I never see Siggys... I'm always on moblie)
    Ps- My iphone make me sound dumb sometimes... 
  • imageIlovebeingamom:
    imagenotquiteblushing:
    Not to be a Debbie Downer or anything but can we cut down on the number of posts that talk about milk output because they are harshing my mellow?
    I will try to come up with different questions for our checkins. I'm not that creative but I will try my best!

Thanks!  I appreciate you doing the check in.  It is just hard to read about people getting so much more milk than me and makes me reluctant to participate.  How about "have you tried any new pumping techniques this week?" or something?

• imagessemovsk:
    Pumping has its ups and downs. I feel good that I am able to supply about 50 of my LO's food supply and I know its good for her. Plus saving on formula is great. However, it is sooo time consuming and I hate the feeling in my boobies when I don't pumpouch. Also, I wish I pumped more ounces. And my nipples hurt.I pump 67 times a day and average about 2 oz total. The most ive ever gotten was right under 4. I actually feed my daughter while pumping. I know this sounds crazy but I figure I will kill two birds with one stone. I give her a bottle and burp her and pump at the same time. Especially in the middle of the night, I save time by doing both of these activities at the same time,

Do you have a hands free bra? Do you do both breasts at the same time? Is that easy?
  • imagessemovsk:
    Pumping has its ups and downs. I feel good that I am able to supply about 50 of my LO's food supply and I know its good for her. Plus saving on formula is great. However, it is sooo time consuming and I hate the feeling in my boobies when I don't pumpouch. Also, I wish I pumped more ounces. And my nipples hurt.I pump 67 times a day and average about 2 oz total. The most ive ever gotten was right under 4. I actually feed my daughter while pumping. I know this sounds crazy but I figure I will kill two birds with one stone. I give her a bottle and burp her and pump at the same time. Especially in the middle of the night, I save time by doing both of these activities at the same time,

I feed LO at the same time sometimes in the middle of the night. It usually works well if she is being cooperative. I prefer not to if I have time to cuddle her and eat but sometimes in the middle of the night, my sleep is very important!
  • imagenotquiteblushing:

imageIlovebeingamom:
    imagenotquiteblushing:

Thanks!  I appreciate you doing the check in.  It is just hard to read about people getting so much more milk than me and makes me reluctant to participate.  How about "have you tried any new pumping techniques this week?" or something?

I was thinking it would be nice to see you aren't the only one possibly? But I could see how it would be discouraging.
    If you have any other ideas for questions, I would love to hear them! Goes for anybody! Next Monday will be better! I promise!
  • How is pumping going? Eh its ok. Really Im pretty tired of it, but I have set a goal of three months and I'm trying really hard to meet it.

How many ounces are you getting per pumping session and how often are you pumping? I pump 4 to 5 times a day. I get 9oz at my first morning pump... I don't pump overnight... And I usually get about 4 to 5 oz during my other pumping sessions.

What do you do while your pumping? Fb, bump, candy crush

GTKY: What is your favorite movie.... Harry Potter movies

My tip... I don't have a hands free bra as i couldn't find one that would fit so what I do is use a tank top with adjustable straps. I adjust the straps as right as they go and i situate my pump judt under the edge of the tank and the tank top holds it on pretty good.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"