Baby Names

S/O Blake

I don't normally ever go for names in the top 100, heck usually not in the top 200 but I like Blake enough to consider it.

First question, how popular do you feel Blake is?

Second question, I am worried about names running together. Our kids have hyphenated last names and the first part is Kelly. Blake Kelly-__.What do you think? Deal breaker?

ETA: I'm not talking about this baby, I'm talking about a possible future boy.

Re: S/O Blake

• I don't know any kids named Blake.  If you love it, use it!  As for the last name, it wouldn't be a deal breaker for me if it was a name I loved.  I picture his name being called at graduation by a guy with a big, important voice and he's pausing between Blake and Kelly-__ anyways.

• I have never met a Blake in my entire life! No joke. I think it's really cute. I can see what you mean about the last names running together, though. If I loved the name and it was my #1, I would not let it bother me. Otherwise, I'd try to find one that didn't have the "run together" feel. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I like Blake on a boy but not on a girl.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageLivvyKH:
    Blake is nms but even if it were, I think Blake and Kelly do run together too much. It sounds like "Blakelly". Blair is similar but doesn't have the same run-together issue. 

I agree with the "Blakelly"... it runs together in my ears, too.

I do love Blake, though. I only know one, and he's in his 30's. 

• jy725jy725 member
    I really like Blake and I do not think it is too popular.
  • I think Blake with a K last name sound perfectly fine. It was a popular name in the 90s but I don't know any little kids named Blake.
    "Bedo" - Apr. 16, '13

#2 - EDD Nov.
    15, '14
    **RATE A NAME HERE!**
  • cbl709cbl709 member

my boy cousin is Blake but I also think of Blake Lively the actress...

I've met a Blakemore which I didn't realize was a name but would give you the nn Blake, he's in his 30s and from down south so maybe more popular there?

and I've met a Blakeley (boy)

• MrsRKJMrsRKJ member
    I had a Blake in kindergarten last year.  Cutie pie!  I love the name Blake, it was on our short list before we decided on Henry.  I actually (please don't flame me!) like it for a girl too...
    Welcomed our baby boy Henry on March 15, 2013 (7 weeks early!)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTA until 2014

• imagePinkLillyLover:
    I like Blake on a boy but not on a girl.

I don't like it on a girl either....

• My son is Jack Connolly C----- (hard C last name) and I don't think it sounds weird. I actually never even thought of the letters running together until I read a post asking about it on here a while back. I think Blake Kelly-Lastname would be fine. 

ETA: I don't think Blake is super popular right now and yes, it's definitely better on a boy than a girl. 

BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • I only know one Blake, and he's in his early 20s.

I like the name and Blake Kelly-_____ doesn't bother me at all.

BFP 1- EDD 2/09/11 Missed MC DX @11 weeks D&C- 7/25/10 BFP 2- EDD 12/22/11 Natural MC @ 5w 2d BFP 3- EDD 1/25/12 DD Josephine born 1/16/12

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• ==N====N== member
    I like Blake, it does kind of run together with Kelly but not so much that it would stop me if i decided it was THE name.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"